Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Wingtips Lounge JFK Bad Experience

Old Feb 21, 19, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Silver

First time writing a review on a lounge but had a horrible time at this lounge today and wanted to share. We went into the lounge after getting off of our 20+ hour flight from Singapore. The lounge is small and we were sitting near a couple who was unhappy about their flight being delayed. We really had no where else to move. In the 15 minutes we were in the club, it had escalated to the point where they were almost screaming and using the N or F words about every other word. They were facetiming someone and continued to scream at them on the phone. It was so uncomfortable that we finally got up and went and saw the agents. I told them they need to get the person to quiet down as it was making multiple people uncomfortable. They said well he is just venting about his flight being delayed and offered no solution or apology. Apparently allowing him to scream in the lounge was more important than the other guests. We left the lounge because sitting in the gate area was a better environment than the lounge.
Old Feb 22, 19, 8:24 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
This sounds horrible!
Old Feb 22, 19, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
First time writing a review on a lounge but had a horrible time at this lounge today and wanted to share. We went into the lounge after getting off of our 20+ hour flight from Singapore. The lounge is small and we were sitting near a couple who was unhappy about their flight being delayed. We really had no where else to move. In the 15 minutes we were in the club, it had escalated to the point where they were almost screaming and using the N or F words about every other word. They were facetiming someone and continued to scream at them on the phone. It was so uncomfortable that we finally got up and went and saw the agents. I told them they need to get the person to quiet down as it was making multiple people uncomfortable. They said well he is just venting about his flight being delayed and offered no solution or apology. Apparently allowing him to scream in the lounge was more important than the other guests. We left the lounge because sitting in the gate area was a better environment than the lounge.
Send a note. Make it brief and make it explicit. Make certain that you include the time of day as well as the name or at least description of the employee with whom you spoke.
Old Feb 22, 19, 1:33 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Send a note. ....
Contact information is here:

https://wingtipslounge.com/JFK/index.php/contact/

Parent company's information is here:

https://www.atsstl.com/connect-with-us/

if it were me I would send a letter through the postal service to the parent company's address, rather than an email to the lounge.
Old Feb 23, 19, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Silver
Thanks Everyone. Will send a note to the information that is attached. I have priority pass thru Chase Reserve. I reached out to PP just hoping they would take back their money so the lounge didnít get the income and they told me I had to file the claim thru Chase.

Search this Thread