Wiki Posts
Search

The Club CHS...any updates? [Lounge now open]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

The Club CHS...any updates? [Lounge now open]

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into the progress of the coming The Club at CHS? There is a Post and and Courier article that mentions construction is planned to be completed by April 2019. I can’t link to it because I don’t have enough posts yet, but googling CHS lounge can get you there. I’m flying to CHS in May and hope this will be a PP lounge (and also open!). Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rhinopia
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into the progress of the coming The Club at CHS? There is a Post and Courier article that mentions construction is planned to be completed by April 2019. I can’t link to it because I don’t have enough posts yet, but googling CHS lounge can get you there. I’m flying to CHS in May and hope this will be a PP lounge (and also open!). Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
That was my 5th post, so I’ll try to share the link now. https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...7c7a2aff7.html

Last edited by Rhinopia; Feb 16, 2019 at 5:23 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I flew quite a few time in Jan, didn't see much "Action" going on, but it could have been behind the scenes. I am flying home in a week or so and will ask a few of the GA's or other workers and see what they have to say.
Rhinopia likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
As of this morning, it looks like construction is underway. The space has “The Club CHS” labeled on all the exterior windows now.
Rhinopia likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by lrbenko
As of this morning, it looks like construction is underway. The space has “The Club CHS” labeled on all the exterior windows now.
Flew Monday and the stuff wasn't there, came home Friday and the signage was there - snapped a pic, but flew out again Sunday and didn't have time to post

geckoflyer and Rhinopia like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:43 pm

I’m guessing they’ve been pushing to get it ready for the BA inaugural (tomorrow). Hopefully it will be complete this month. Other “The Club” lounges (ATL pops out immediately) are PP ... and I’m really hoping this one is too! Right now the airport is so boring I intentionally cut my time there to be as minimal as possible.
Rhinopia likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate the updates. Fingers crossed it’s ready sometime this month!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
The Club has faced some delays in construction and the aim is to now have it opened in July 2019.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Rhinopia
I appreciate the updates. Fingers crossed it’s ready sometime this month!
LOL - nope (not trying to be snarky), but there is just no way unless they just literally throw tons of money at it and work 24/7 and even then it is iffy

Just came home last Friday -

No drop ceiling installed at all (I could see the fire retardant layer on the ceiling)
There were some walls made up, but they were all metal (It appeared to be metal and not wood) and had no sheet rock at all
Temporary lights
Airport workers have been told end of July - to mid August for opening

I am flying out this week again and I'll see if I can sneak up and get some inside shots
Rhinopia likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:45 pm

Outbound today - lights on - no workers - it looked exactly the same as last week

No one I knew said much other than "Slow"
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Outbound today - lights on - no workers - it looked exactly the same as last week

No one I knew said much other than "Slow"
Maybe they’ll have it finished by the end of the BA “season” there...I’m sure all those F and J pax love having no lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:33 pm

In on Sat/out on Sunday

Still saw no real progress to mention
Didn't look like ceiling was in, definitely no one working on Sat/Sun
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:26 pm

I haven’t seen ANY sign of progress for months (CHS is my home airport).

Last edited by kwines; Jun 25, 2019 at 12:27 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
I messaged the airport's Facebook page, and they said July 31 is the expected opening date.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:16 am

I went by today - I had hours to kill as the storms re routed my plane to Savannah

Ceiling is mostly in, furniture is arriving. I talked to the project Manager and he seemed to think July 31 is doable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.