Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Long Delta Business Connection; lounge access?

Old Feb 13, 19, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy, IHG, Delta, Aeromexico

Next month I am flying business to TPE from IND through JFK. This is a Delta ticket with the flight to TPE on China Airlines. We will have a 5 hour connection at JFK and I am wondering if my wife and I will be able to utilize the Delta lounge for the entire duration.

I have searched the forums and Delta's website and have been unable to find an answer. Our flight lands at JFK around 6pm and takes off at 1:20am so it technically isn't same day. Either way, I hope it is a moot point and that the AMEX lounge is open by then! Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 19, 5:40 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Giants Ballpark Pass. Lifetime Ambassador Club. WN A+/CP, AS MVP, UA Gold, Marriott Platinum.
Originally Posted by meadowsm View Post
I have searched the forums and Delta's website and have been unable to find an answer. Our flight lands at JFK around 6pm and takes off at 1:20am so it technically isn't same day.
While implementation always depends on front line employees, I'd be very surprised if you were not welcome into all JFK SkyTeam lounges (including the SkyClub) because you are in paid J.
Old Feb 13, 19, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes, you have access to the DL Sky Clubs as well as Wing Tips. This is based on your international J ticket on CA.
Old Feb 13, 19, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Best to use the Skyteam lounge finder
Old Feb 13, 19, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy, IHG, Delta, Aeromexico
I am aware of the lounges, the issue is the timeframes. Delta's website says it must be a same day flight connection, my question is will they honor this given the flight is 5 hours apart even though the dates are technically different.
Old Feb 13, 19, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Yes you will.
I believe the SkyClubs close at or before midnight in Terminal 4 so go there first and then when they close relocated to the WingTips lounge for another 45min to an hour.
Originally Posted by meadowsm View Post
I am aware of the lounges, the issue is the timeframes. Delta's website says it must be a same day flight connection, my question is will they honor this given the flight is 5 hours apart even though the dates are technically different.
Duke787 likes this.

Search this Thread