SIN Lounges

Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
SIN Lounges

Hey I feel a bit stupid for asking but I can't seem to find the info on my own.

I'm likely going to fly into SIN arriving at like 2300 for a 1000am departure the next day. I hate paying for hotels, but as a star alliance gold member I can easily sit in a Krisflyer lounge for like 10 hours and sleep later, plus I can get a shower.

I'm flying OUT on ANA, which apparently operates from Terminal 2. I've flown through SIN multiple times, but I don't know much about the terminals. The Star Alliance Lounge Finder seems to indicate only a Thai Royal Silk lounge is open to me. But it's not open 24/7 like the Krisflyer ones are.

Does anyone know if there's a Krisflyer lounge in T2 that I'd be able to get into? I know I can transfer terminals, but that's been a bit of a sticky situation a couple times when I've done it. So I prefer if possible to just stay in one terminal.

I've also got Priority Pass but I don't love using it since I get free lounge access from Star Alliance.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
There are Krisflyer lounges in both T2 and T3.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Hey I feel a bit stupid for asking but I can't seem to find the info on my own.
Long, long thread in destination forum Which lounge is the best in Singapore airport?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Yea, my questions wasn't so much about which was the best. I just really wanted to know if one was available without clearing customs. I'm capable of clearing customs, leagally and all that stuff, but in my experience explaining "I'm just going to the lounge [9 hours] early" has always turned out poorly for me.

My biggest issue was that the star alliance lounge finder never said TERMINAL 2. It always said like "passenger building 2" and I wasn't totally sure if that meant T2 or if it was a different wing of T1 or whatever.

But DCmike has kinda cleared that up for me, thanks. Seems like it won't be an issue other than the SQ lounges not being that great to begin with haha. Still better than paying for a hotel imo and definitely better than sitting in the terminal.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:23 am
UAL

Programs: UA
SIN T1,T2, and T3 are all connected. Krisflyer lounge in T2 doesnt have shower. If you want shower use the SATS lounge. You will have access with Star Alliance Gold. Dont exit customs and immigration because you wont be able to get back into the terminal until 4 hours before your next flight.

You can use Priority Pass to go lounge hopping.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Yea, my questions wasn't so much about which was the best. I just really wanted to know if one was available without clearing customs.
Yes. They are all airside and it's very easy to get from terminal to terminal either on foot (inside) or by air train.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Airside train between terminals does close late at night

The title says it all except for the exact hours which I dont remember.
With a 10:00 flight you will have plenty of time to get back to the correct terminal when service opens again.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:22 am

Terminals 1, 3 and 3 are all walkable air side. You don't need to wait for the train.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAL
SIN T1,T2, and T3 are all connected. Krisflyer lounge in T2 doesnt have shower. If you want shower use the SATS lounge. You will have access with Star Alliance Gold. Dont exit customs and immigration because you wont be able to get back into the terminal until 4 hours before your next flight.

You can use Priority Pass to go lounge hopping.
So I ended up doing everything said here both good and bad lol.

I couldn't get my ANA boarding pass, so I had to clear customs, which was much slower than last time I went to Singapore. Then as soon as I got to T2, I found that I couldn't even check-in at a kiosk until like 4 hours prior...so now I was starting to really sweat the situation lol. Luckily I got on the wifi and managed to get my BP this time. Went back into the secure area.

T2 lounge has no shower, but when I asked him about any other Krisflyer lounge shower he said none of them have showers. That really surprised me, I guess I just assumed they did, but it's only the business class lounges that have the showers. So I did have to spend $27 on my Priority Pass membership to grab a shower at diff lounge that SATS lounge kinda sucked last time I was there so I opted to visit a diff one (forget the name) and it was ok.

A bummer though that more and more lounge showers seem to be being eliminated. As a non-elite I never knew they were something I'd use, but I find myself using them a lot because I book long layovers or overnights, or I sleep at work before flying out in the morning (I work at YVR) so I use the shower here frequently. It sucks that the UA clubs don't have showers (I think Polaris does) but I can see why they don't, those lounges are so crowded ALL the time that the showers would be kinda unbearable to keep clean.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:53 pm

So I ended up doing everything said here both good and bad lol.

I couldn't get my ANA boarding pass, so I had to clear customs, which was much slower than last time I went to Singapore. Then as soon as I got to T2, I found that I couldn't even check-in at a kiosk until like 4 hours prior...so now I was starting to really sweat the situation lol. Luckily I got on the wifi and managed to get my BP this time. Went back into the secure area.

T2 lounge has no shower, but when I asked him about any other Krisflyer lounge shower he said none of them have showers. That really surprised me, I guess I just assumed they did, but it's only the business class lounges that have the showers. So I did have to spend $27 on my Priority Pass membership to grab a shower at diff lounge that SATS lounge kinda sucked last time I was there so I opted to visit a diff one (forget the name) and it was ok.

A bummer though that more and more lounge showers seem to be being eliminated. As a non-elite I never knew they were something I'd use, but I find myself using them a lot because I book long layovers or overnights, or I sleep at work before flying out in the morning (I work at YVR) so I use the shower here frequently. It sucks that the UA clubs don't have showers (I think Polaris does) but I can see why they don't, those lounges are so crowded ALL the time that the showers would be kinda unbearable to keep clean.
At least you managed to get through successfully (albeit slower than anticipated). Krisflyer lounges really are the poorer sibling of the SilverKris Lounge
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

They really are. I've been to that T2 one multiple times, I just didn't clue in there was no shower. I've been to ONE other one at SIN that was decent. It does make me pine for the Business class one I went to at SIN, much nicer. It wasn't the T2, so I guess it was T3. Also the SQ lounge at KUL is ok, certainly better than the TG one across the hall which sucked.

But as always thanks for the advice gang.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.