Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

WIll a toddler be allowed in for free with my Priority Pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,

I have a priority pass membership via my American express platinum card and my wife has one with our saphire reserve card.
I will be traveling via EWR With my wife and 3 kids. Will they allow the 5th member (a four year old kid) in, or will I need to pay for her?

Thank you
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would hope not, and BTW I would call a four year old a preschooler and not a toddler. Sometimes kids under two are free, for example to fly as a lap child, but not so if they've passed their fourth birthday. In this context, 4 = 11.

If you use the PP website search for lounges feature, the specific rules for a particular lounge appear. Sometimes kids under 2 are free, and this would be specified there.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
So under two are free.
But I actually found that with my other credit card I get another membership .So I will be good. I just hope it's activated in time

Thank you
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ghurty
I have a priority pass membership via my American express platinum card and my wife has one with our saphire reserve card.....
Each membership will pay for the cardholder plus two guests to enter the lounge. That would be six people. You have only five.

(Be aware that the lounge determines the number of guests that you are permitted to bring. The membership caps have to do with payment, not with entry.)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Edit:

Doesn't the CSR PP membership come as member+up to 2 free guests?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Yoshi212

Doesn't the CSR PP membership come as member+up to 2 free guests?
Yes, as does the American Express Platinum version. Two members, each able to admit two guests (provided the lounge rules permit).
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ghurty
I have a priority pass membership via my American express platinum card and my wife has one with our saphire reserve card.
I will be traveling via EWR With my wife and 3 kids. Will they allow the 5th member (a four year old kid) in, or will I need to pay for her?

Thank you
You should be fine because of how many people can come in as included guests with each of those cards for the lounges there.

The following is just information for others:

Most PP lounges that I've visited don't charge for children 2 years of age (or under) to visit when with an adult has admission privileges via PP. But for children that are 3 or 4 years or older, you are at the mercy of the lounge attendants on whether they will charge for the additional guest or not. Usually the lounge attendants of less busy PP lounges will make a financially intelligent decision and accept 4-6 paid guests considering coming in if a young child is allowed in for no additional charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.