Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

If I sign up for Priority pass, can I activate digital card and use it the next day

If I sign up for Priority pass, can I activate digital card and use it the next day

Old Jan 16, 19, 6:34 am
Original Poster

I am traveling with a child and just realized that one of our layovers is about 5 hours. Priority pass seems like a good solution but I need to know if I purchase it today would I be able to use it tomorrow. I know I won't have the physical card but I could download the digital card and I am hoping I can use that.

Anyone know if this is possible?
Old Jan 18, 19, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Next day is not likely. You have to give them some time to get it into the system and your membership initialized. If it is via a credit card/bank that will take a few days more. I called 5 days after to get my father's number and they confirmed they could as the welcome package had been posted.

Edit, if you just need something for this layover check out loungebuddy to see if they can sell you access to a lounge at the airport(s) you need.
Old Jan 19, 19, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador
If you live in the US, I wouldn't waste your money on PP. Most of the lounges will reject you based on capacity.
Old Jan 19, 19, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Only US based lounge I've had trouble with, that was worth spending time in, was the LAX AS lounge.

Originally Posted by brian22 View Post
If you live in the US, I wouldn't waste your money on PP. Most of the lounges will reject you based on capacity.
Old Jan 25, 19, 4:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by brian22 View Post
While I've seen capacity-related rejections at PP lounges at multiple US airports -- more at US airports than all other airports combined IME, I would still say the above isn't true.

I've signed up for PP via credit card issuers and as soon as the number came in from PP, I've been able to use the digital card to access PP lounges.

I don't know if buying PP membership directly from PP results in the production of a PP number faster than via credit card issuer membership sign-up.

Search this Thread