Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

SAL - Monseñor Óscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport - AV VIP Lounge

Old Jan 1, 19, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

I was there Sunday, 30 December, for 4 hours. Didn't take pics. It is across from gate 8 Avianca lounge for AV elites, *G, and Priority Pass. I am also a UA Club member. I asked if there was any difference in using PP vs. UA which lead to some confusion about UA Club membership. It took the 3 agents at the counter to figure out (cheerfully) how to accept the UA Club membership. By the way, there is no difference in benefits regardless of the pass used as everything is self-serve in the lounge.

I didn't notice any placards regarding Priority Pass restrictions, but Avianca's website is clear about the possibility of turning away PP members at any of its lounges during peak periods.

Large area - a common area, a workstation area, a family area, a TV area, and a quiet area (which was quiet and had comfortable seating); as well as a food/drink area and restrooms.

Arrived around 4 PM. Nothing much in the way of food. Very limited hard liquor and wine selection and only Pilsener beer; all self-serve. Around 5 PM all food was refreshed - somewhat in the style of a UA Club less the hot entrée. Soup, fresh salad and makings, finger sandwiches, sushi, and dessert items. The soup and salad was good. Not a sushi fan, but the portions were quite large as compared to what I see in the grab & go at Whole Foods.

A perfectly fine lounge for a layover.

Last edited by lamphs; Jan 1, 19 at 1:54 pm

Search this Thread