Priority Pass App Omits Active Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

A case in point: the VIP Lounge at Liberia, Costa Rica (airport code LIR).

We ended up spending $41 at a sub-par airport restaurant (albeit for burgers), when a later check of PP’s full website showed the lounge participates in their program.

Frustrating! How widespread is this problem?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Are you sure? When I look at the PP app on my iPhone, the VIP lounge shows right there.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pedro M
Are you sure? When I look at the PP app on my iPhone, the VIP lounge shows right there.
Same, on my Android PP app.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Try logging in to the app before searching. When I tried searching for LIR without logging in (Android), no result was returned, but when I logged in the search worked - even though the Priority Pass account that I used has expired.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
On the website, without being logged in I see the VIP lounge.

Aside from that, was there Priority Pass or other similar lounge program signs anywhere?u
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
PP App Often Slow to Update Information

Looks like PP may have added this lounge to the app in response to my post. It didn't show on the app when we were in Liberia on December 11, nor did it show this morning. Now it does (without logging in).

I've found the PP app is often slow to update information. Checking LAX recently (where there was upheaval in PP restaurant participation because tips are not provided for), the Amex app had more up-to-date information for PP establishments than the official PP app.

I think the Liberia lounge is relatively new. That said, PP needs to be on the ball and update its information daily (Brits don't always do this). Logging in should not be necessary - just enter the three-letter airport code and participating lounges should pop up.

Last edited by Explore; Dec 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.