Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Lounge Information

Old Dec 26, 18, 2:47 am
Original Poster

I have an 8 hour lay-over and would like to find a place to sleep. Which lounge is best? I am flying Cathay Airlines
Old Dec 26, 18, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Welcome to flyertalk.

Do you have lounge access by status ( ie Oneworld or Cathay status) or by class of travel ( ie business)

Also what time is your layover as the Cathy lounges close from around 1am to 5am roughly

Regards

TBS
nicle2 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 18, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
When are you traveling (time of arrival and departure?
From where to where?
Class of service or any elite status?
Airline Lounge membership
Lounge network? (Such as Priority Pass)
Credit Cards that grand lounge access via a partnership outside of a lounge network?
nicle2 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 18, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

I am flying from Vancouver BC to Chiang Mai, departing 0115 arriving Hong Kong at 0710 leaving Hong Kong at 1520 arriving at 1725 Chiang Mai.
Class of service is Premium economy to Hong Kong; then Economy to Chiang Mai. I booked very recently and could not get a higher class. I am meeting a tour group so don't have any flexibility. It looks like I fly into and out of Terminal 1.

Another question: I have flown to England, Hawaii twice, Arizona, California, Washington, Belize and Guatemala this year. I do not have any Lounge networks or elite status or credit cards that give me any flight upgrades and would like to know how I can access some?

Thank you.
Old Dec 27, 18, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Plaza Premium Lounge Network will sell you passes, either directly or via LoungeBuddy.com, for a lounge. Just make sure you go to the one with a shower if that is what you'll want and most people do after long haul flights. A 6-hour pass is ~$65 and a 12-hour pass is ~$90 both USD.
nicle2 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 18, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the great info.
N2
Old Dec 28, 18, 11:13 am

Programs: JetPrivelege, AsiaMiles, British Airways AVOIS
Or you could buy a Priority Pass for $99 which is valid for one year and gets you access to many lounges worldwide (though I hear their network has suffered a little lately)...
Google "priority pass".
nicle2 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 18, 12:38 pm

That $99/year level costs $32, for the US version, each person each visit.

Originally Posted by Si99 View Post
Or you could buy a Priority Pass for $99 which is valid for one year and gets you access to many lounges worldwide (though I hear their network has suffered a little lately)...
Google "priority pass".
nicle2 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 18, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Amazing the things I don't Know! Thanks so much for this information and I will research it!

Search this Thread