Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Restaurant Guests

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Priority Pass Restaurant Guests

I'm planning on using priority pass at an airport restaurant. The rules state that the restaurant allows $28 off the bill for the cardholder, plus another $28 for 1 guest, for a total of $56 off the bill. If I am traveling with a family of 4, is that okay so long as we are only claiming $56 credit?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by thor17
I'm planning on using priority pass at an airport restaurant. The rules state that the restaurant allows $28 off the bill for the cardholder, plus another $28 for 1 guest, for a total of $56 off the bill. If I am traveling with a family of 4, is that okay so long as we are only claiming $56 credit?
My understanding is that for the restaurant credit, you can state how many "guests" you have -- since in theory, the other members of the party may just choose to use cash! So it should be fine. Do note that only the Amex-issued PP allows one guest for free, other PPs charge for guests (to my understanding).

tb
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by trueblu
My understanding is that for the restaurant credit, you can state how many "guests" you have -- since in theory, the other members of the party may just choose to use cash! So it should be fine. Do note that only the Amex-issued PP allows one guest for free, other PPs charge for guests (to my understanding).

tb
I'm not so sure about that. I have a CSR-issured PP card. When I look up restaurants on the app, it gives information about $28 credit for one additional guest. So I think you get two credits for CSR cards as well. (I know I've always had guest privileges in the lounges, although the number variesn from lounge to lounge.)
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by hotturnip
I'm not so sure about that. I have a CSR-issured PP card. When I look up restaurants on the app, it gives information about $28 credit for one additional guest. So I think you get two credits for CSR cards as well. (I know I've always had guest privileges in the lounges, although the number variesn from lounge to lounge.)
Fair enough...good to know for NA users.

tb
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by trueblu
....only the Amex-issued PP allows one guest for free, other PPs charge for guests (to my understanding).
The Priority Pass memberships provided by American Express (USA), Chase Sapphire Reserve (and JPM Reserve), and Citi Prestige (USA) will pay for up to two guests at a lounge or restaurant. However, the individual lounge or restaurant can set a limit on the number of guests (0, 1, 2, etc) they will admit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.