Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Restaurant Guests

Priority Pass Restaurant Guests

Old Dec 20, 18, 6:43 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 397
Priority Pass Restaurant Guests

I'm planning on using priority pass at an airport restaurant. The rules state that the restaurant allows $28 off the bill for the cardholder, plus another $28 for 1 guest, for a total of $56 off the bill. If I am traveling with a family of 4, is that okay so long as we are only claiming $56 credit?
thor17 is offline  
Old Dec 23, 18, 4:54 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PEK and BOS
Programs: BA - Blue
Posts: 3,679
Originally Posted by thor17 View Post
I'm planning on using priority pass at an airport restaurant. The rules state that the restaurant allows $28 off the bill for the cardholder, plus another $28 for 1 guest, for a total of $56 off the bill. If I am traveling with a family of 4, is that okay so long as we are only claiming $56 credit?
My understanding is that for the restaurant credit, you can state how many "guests" you have -- since in theory, the other members of the party may just choose to use cash! So it should be fine. Do note that only the Amex-issued PP allows one guest for free, other PPs charge for guests (to my understanding).

tb
trueblu is offline  
Old Dec 24, 18, 2:26 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Atlanta Metro
Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA, Hhonors Gold
Posts: 1,240
Originally Posted by trueblu View Post
My understanding is that for the restaurant credit, you can state how many "guests" you have -- since in theory, the other members of the party may just choose to use cash! So it should be fine. Do note that only the Amex-issued PP allows one guest for free, other PPs charge for guests (to my understanding).

tb
I'm not so sure about that. I have a CSR-issured PP card. When I look up restaurants on the app, it gives information about $28 credit for one additional guest. So I think you get two credits for CSR cards as well. (I know I've always had guest privileges in the lounges, although the number variesn from lounge to lounge.)
hotturnip is offline  
Old Dec 24, 18, 5:51 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PEK and BOS
Programs: BA - Blue
Posts: 3,679
Originally Posted by hotturnip View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I have a CSR-issured PP card. When I look up restaurants on the app, it gives information about $28 credit for one additional guest. So I think you get two credits for CSR cards as well. (I know I've always had guest privileges in the lounges, although the number variesn from lounge to lounge.)
Fair enough...good to know for NA users.

tb
trueblu is offline  
Old Dec 24, 18, 10:20 am
  #5  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,569
Originally Posted by trueblu View Post
....only the Amex-issued PP allows one guest for free, other PPs charge for guests (to my understanding).
The Priority Pass memberships provided by American Express (USA), Chase Sapphire Reserve (and JPM Reserve), and Citi Prestige (USA) will pay for up to two guests at a lounge or restaurant. However, the individual lounge or restaurant can set a limit on the number of guests (0, 1, 2, etc) they will admit.
mia is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread