Reload this Page >

San Francisco (SFO) - Priority Pass lounges and options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Lounges (available to all Priority Pass memberships)

China Airlines lounge: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 4
The Club at SFO: Terminal 1, near gate B3 (not open)
Golden Gate lounge: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 4
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 5

Restaurants (not available to Priority Pass memberships provided with A) any American Express account or B) most Capital One accounts.)

Lark Creek Grill: Terminal 2, past security, on the right
Mustard Bar & Grill: Concourse G , near gate G3
SF Giants Clubhouse: Terminal 3, near gate F13
Yankee Pier: Terminal 3, near gate F4

Print Wikipost

San Francisco (SFO) - Priority Pass lounges and options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mia
Air China -or- China Airlines? The airport website does not mention an Air China lounge.
Plus Air China uses the G gates, so it's definitely not their lounge in the A concourse.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mia
Air China -or- China Airlines? The airport website does not mention an Air China lounge. China Airlines is a Skyteam member, and they may have outsourced the lounge operation to the same contractor as Air France and KLM.
Originally Posted by docbert
Plus Air China uses the G gates, so it's definitely not their lounge in the A concourse.
Whoops, China Airlines. Sorry about that
mia likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by CMK10
Whoops, China Airlines. Sorry about that
FWIW the China Airlines lounge at SFO has always seemed a little hardscramble. Think they might use Costco for catering. The AF/KL lounge is much nicer.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

FWIW the China Airlines lounge at SFO has always seemed a little hardscramble. Think they might use Costco for catering. The AF/KL lounge is much nicer.
I thought it was okay, it helped that it was so empty

They had a decent scotch too

And of all things: penne pasta, meatballs and chicken wings. The food was definitely the worst part of the lounge but overall I'd rather be in this empty lounge than the crowded AF/KL one.
worldwidedreamer and cuthroat like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by CMK10
overall I'd rather be in this empty lounge than the crowded AF/KL one.
Looks like they have upgraded things since my last visit about a year ago.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:38 am

On my last flight out of SFO, I got takeout from Yankee Pier so I wouldn't have to leave a tip. Still felt kinda awkward about it but priority pass really needs to cover gratuity.
I fly out of SFO at about 1PM a few times a year so I was wondering if it would be worth the trouble clearing security twice to use the KLM lounge. I have pre-check and Star Alliance Gold Track but never tried going to concourse A. I'd only bother if it has better food and seating than the Rotunda United Club.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by randomasian
On my last flight out of SFO, I got takeout from Yankee Pier so I wouldn't have to leave a tip. Still felt kinda awkward about it but priority pass really needs to cover gratuity.
I fly out of SFO at about 1PM a few times a year so I was wondering if it would be worth the trouble clearing security twice to use the KLM lounge. I have pre-check and Star Alliance Gold Track but never tried going to concourse A. I'd only bother if it has better food and seating than the Rotunda United Club.
The KLM/AF is very small and gets crowded very fast. Many times you are put on waiting list with Priority Pass and preference is given to the AF/KLM business and elite. The food may be a tad better and the drinks about the same, maybe better selection. Not worth the hike to concourse A if you already have United club access closer by.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Yankee Pier was providing this handout my last trip through:

mia likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Have been to the Giants Clubhouse a handful of times and Yankee Pier once, never been asked for my boarding pass. I have only ordered takeout.
Giants Clubhouse: wait at the entrance for a hostess to ring up your priority pass card. you may have to wait a few minutes as the hostess is not always there. the hostess will take you to a table if you are dining in, or direct you to the bar for takeout. you get a slip of paper to take to the bar to give to the bartender to order takeout and pay additional charges there if your total is over $28.
Yankee Pier: for takeout orders, do not wait for the hostess. go directly to the far left bar and order there. the bartender will take your order and ring up your priority pass and charge you for anything over $28..
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:34 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Went to the sf gianta clubhouse yesterday. Terrible service, ok grub (korean chicken sandwich with insipid jicama jalapeńo slaw). Quite good brioche.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:29 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
AF/KLM Lounge updated hours for PP are posted. Presumably to avoid peak times for Europe and Australia departures:

07:30 - 11:30 & 15:30 - 18:30 & 20:30 - 00:45 daily. Cardholders will be admitted into the lounge inside these hours.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
This evening the AMEX Centurion Lounge is closed due to a "maintenance" issue. So the AF/KLM Lounge is fuller than usual. As usual, the Lounge Dragons at the front desk didn't want to let me in with PP, unit l charmed my way in!! :-) But they are turning some people away.

Also, they are doing some work in the ramp area outside the lounge, so they have all the windows covered with "artwork".
Old May 17, 2019, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I'm guessing the temporary Centurion Lounge closure also increased the crowds at Yankee Pier and the SF Giants Clubhouse, which have the $28 PP credit deal.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by FLLUAFlyer
This evening the AMEX Centurion Lounge is closed due to a "maintenance" issue. So the AF/KLM Lounge is fuller than usual. As usual, the Lounge Dragons at the front desk didn't want to let me in with PP, unit l charmed my way in!! :-) But they are turning some people away.

Also, they are doing some work in the ramp area outside the lounge, so they have all the windows covered with "artwork".
Given that the AF/KL lounge is on the A side of the International Terminal, and the Centurion Lounge is connected airside only with the G side, I would think not that many would make the trek to the AF/KL lounge.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Given that the AF/KL lounge is on the A side of the International Terminal, and the Centurion Lounge is connected airside only with the G side, I would think not that many would make the trek to the AF/KL lounge.
Yeah, I wouldn't do that, especially considering how both the Yankee Pier and SF Giants Clubhouse are just a few gates away from the Centurion Lounge. The AF Lounge is nice, but nothing special and IMO not worth the trek and the extra trip through security.
chemengin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.