Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

San Francisco (SFO) - Priority Pass lounges and options

Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Lounges (available to all Priority Pass memberships)

China Airlines lounge: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 4
The Club at SFO: Terminal 1, near gate B3 (not open)
Golden Gate lounge: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 4
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 5

Restaurants (not available to Priority Pass memberships provided with A) any American Express account or B) most Capital One accounts.)

Lark Creek Grill: Terminal 2, past security, on the right
Mustard Bar & Grill: Concourse G , near gate G3
SF Giants Clubhouse: Terminal 3, near gate F13
Yankee Pier: Terminal 3, near gate F4

Print Wikipost

San Francisco (SFO) - Priority Pass lounges and options

Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:00 pm

PP lounge at SFO

I have an upcoming trip with United from SFO to PVG in a few weeks. I will depart at gate 93 at International Terminal, Concourse G, SFO .
The PP site indicates the following for the Air France KLM lounge: Flights departing from Concourse A only.
(1)Does that mean I can't access this PP lounge this time? I appreciate if someone can share his/her experience including the approximate date.
(2)If I can access it, how much time do I need to allow to walk between the lounge and gate 93? Do I have to pass security check again?

Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by popomama
I have an upcoming trip with United from SFO to PVG in a few weeks. I will depart at gate 93 at International Terminal, Concourse G, SFO .
The PP site indicates the following for the Air France KLM lounge: Flights departing from Concourse A only.
(1)Does that mean I can't access this PP lounge this time? I appreciate if someone can share his/her experience including the approximate date.
(2)If I can access it, how much time do I need to allow to walk between the lounge and gate 93? Do I have to pass security check again?

Thanks a lot.
My post directly above yours details it all.

Yes, you’ll have access with a SFO-PVG UA boarding pass provided the lounge isn’t full.

It’s about a 10-15 minute walk from your concourse and yes you’ll have to clear security again. Without CLEAR or PreCheck expect a 20 min wait at both ends for security at peak times.

Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton

My post directly above yours details it all.

Yes, you’ll have access with a SFO-PVG UA boarding pass provided the lounge isn’t full.

It’s about a 10-15 minute walk from your concourse and yes you’ll have to clear security again. Without CLEAR or PreCheck expect a 20 min wait at both ends for security at peak times.

thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:49 pm
RJ1

I have PP Select through my Chase Sapphire Reserve, and will be transiting through SFO soon. I see on the PP app that in addition to the AF/KLM Lounge in Intl Term A, there are a couple of restaurants listed in Terminal 3 (Yankee Pier and SF Giants Clubhouse). Does anyone have any familiarity with using PP at these restaurants?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RJ1
I have PP Select through my Chase Sapphire Reserve, and will be transiting through SFO soon. I see on the PP app that in addition to the AF/KLM Lounge in Intl Term A, there are a couple of restaurants listed in Terminal 3 (Yankee Pier and SF Giants Clubhouse). Does anyone have any familiarity with using PP at these restaurants?
Considering those 2 were added to PP literally this week, I doubt many people have any specific experience yet, but I'd presume it's like every other PP restaurant in the US. Flash your PP card when you sit down, order food, and at the end they swipe your PP card and take $28 per person off the bill.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:50 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Considering those 2 were added to PP literally this week, I doubt many people have any specific experience yet, but I'd presume it's like every other PP restaurant in the US. Flash your PP card when you sit down, order food, and at the end they swipe your PP card and take $28 per person off the bill.
Thanks! Was not aware they were just added, and have not been to a PP restaurant location before.

Can gratuity be included within the $28, or is that completely out-of-pocket?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RJ1
Can gratuity be included within the $28, or is that completely out-of-pocket?
The credit only covers food and drink and cannot be used to cover the tip, and that's standard at every PP restaurant.
RJ1 and akr1970akr like this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Used it at SF Giants clubhouse yesterday. Sat at the bar and mentioned that I was using PP. Guy with the scanner came over and scanned my card and gave the ‘receipt’ to the bartender. I wasn’t hungry so I ordered a $26 half bottle of Moët.

When the bill came, PP didn’t cover taxes and I was responsible for $0.84 + tip.

Its not exactly a smooth operation yet but I suspect it will get better. Charge was coded as “employee discount” on the receipt.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM

Used it at SF Giants clubhouse yesterday. Sat at the bar and mentioned that I was using PP. Guy with the scanner came over and scanned my card and gave the ‘receipt’ to the bartender. I wasn’t hungry so I ordered a $26 half bottle of Moët.

When the bill came, PP didn’t cover taxes and I was responsible for $0.84 + tip.

Its not exactly a smooth operation yet but I suspect it will get better. Charge was coded as “employee discount” on the receipt.
Thank you for sharing. Never visited a participating restaurant before.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I was passing through SFO for the labor day weekend and tried both restaurants. As noted, it's $28 at each restaurant, not including tax and tip. In both cases, I had to scan my card in a handheld device. At the Giants Clubhouse, the bartender had me go back to the host stand and get the card scanned first. At Yankee Pier, I scanned after the meal. I wasn't that hungry at the Giants Clubhouse after Yankee Pier, so I just ordered dessert. I also ordered some cookies to go.

In both cases, I tipped as I would had I paid the full bill. Neither restaurant asked to see a boarding pass, so you could probably use this benefit on arrival.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by escog
I was passing through SFO for the labor day weekend and tried both restaurants. As noted, it's $28 at each restaurant, not including tax and tip. In both cases, I had to scan my card in a handheld device. At the Giants Clubhouse, the bartender had me go back to the host stand and get the card scanned first. At Yankee Pier, I scanned after the meal. I wasn't that hungry at the Giants Clubhouse after Yankee Pier, so I just ordered dessert. I also ordered some cookies to go.

In both cases, I tipped as I would had I paid the full bill. Neither restaurant asked to see a boarding pass, so you could probably use this benefit on arrival.
Do you need a physical card or does the electronic card in the app work?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Do you need a physical card or does the electronic card in the app work?
You can look on proritypass.com to see if the location accepts the digital card. Both of these are marked Digital Card Accepted.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:02 pm

San Francisco Giants Clubhouse/Yankee Pier Review

09/16/2018

2 Adults and a 6 month old.

Yankee Pier was our first stop. We were seated quick around 4:30 pm. Before we ordered I told our waitress we would be using PP she quickly explained we would get $56 off the bill and that she would swipe the PP card after we were finished eating. The restaurant was about 40% full and the food came quick in about 10 min. The service was great! Our waitress joked with us a few times very friendly and she even brought the baby some clam chowder when she seen he was having a hard time with the fries. Overall the food was bland no real flavor at all. But hey it was basically free. We will be going back and trying other items off the menu. They didn't ask for boarding passes and they have to-go boxes. Our total came out to $64.67 - $56 + $15 tip.

San Francisco Giants Clubhouse

When you first walk up tell them you will be using PP since they need to swipe it right there to print a receipt that you give to your waitress. This place was 75% full and we were seated instantly. The atmosphere is great. I can see myself catching a few games here at the bar. The bench seats were comfortable. Service was okay but I understand why because she had so many tables. The food on the other hand was worse than Yankee Pier. It all looked good but bland with no flavor. Next time I will try something else. They didn't ask for boarding passes and they have to-go boxes. Our total came out to $58.63 - $56 + $10 tip.

SFO is my homebase so I'm glad we have other options than the centurion lounge which was packed like always.

LIH Prem likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:27 am

Location: Continual long-term travelling since 2016 (4 continents, 26 countries, ~80 cities)
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite, United Silver, Hertz Five Star, Etc.
YMMV, but we've flown domestically out of SFO a few times over the last six month and have never been denied entering Concourse A (where the KLM lounge is) once we explained to the TSA agent our reason. Also, we've never been turned back at the lounge (every time we've visited has been before noon, even on the weekends).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Ted
Data point:

SFO AF/KL lounge restricted from PP members prior to 2200 on 23-JUL. Stated reason was lounge full. Both Men's and Women's Australian rugby teams from SF meet last weekend were flying out on QF, with support staff.
I usually pop in the AF/KL lounge early afternoons before an AS flight. You have to time it right because it can get uncomfortably crowded if you arrive before a departing AF or KLM flight.
In November my wife and I are flying PVG-SFO-IAD, with both flights on United metal. We are hoping to be able to access the Air France/KLM lounge with my Priority Pass card. However, the timing might be an issue. Our flight from PVG arrives at 7:15 PM, and the flight to IAD leaves at 11:00 PM. Therefore, would would be in the lounge from about 8:00 - 10:00 PM.

Is this probably a bad time to try to get into the lounge with Priority Pass?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.