Reload this Page >

San Francisco (SFO) - Priority Pass lounges and options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Lounges (available to all Priority Pass memberships)

China Airlines lounge: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 4
The Club at SFO: Terminal 1, near gate B3 (not open)
Golden Gate lounge: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 4
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 5

Restaurants (not available to Priority Pass memberships provided with A) any American Express account or B) most Capital One accounts.)

Lark Creek Grill: Terminal 2, past security, on the right
Mustard Bar & Grill: Concourse G , near gate G3
SF Giants Clubhouse: Terminal 3, near gate F13
Yankee Pier: Terminal 3, near gate F4

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I just received a free priority pass membership, but after checking the details, it seems it is not relevant for most *A and domestic flights. Is that true?

I mean, the only priority pass lounge in SFO is the Air France - KLM Lounge. It states in the fine print that: "Flights departing from Concourse A only".

Where all domestic flights and *A are either terminal 1-3 or G.
Am I missing anything?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:12 am

No, that's the risk of PP. In MUC for example there are no PP lounges in T2, and those in T1 might as well they weren't there.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

I see

I guess PP is not as good as it seems from a first glance...I thought the coverage was better that it is actually is (there is a lounge in most major airports, but they are limited to specific terminals...)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
It's convenient in airports where there is a single terminal or easy access between them. Elsewhere... always a gamble.
In US it's a gamble, as most domestic flights operate from airline-specific terminals with no PP lounge access.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by jjoe123
I guess PP is not as good as it seems from a first glance...I thought the coverage was better that it is actually is (there is a lounge in most major airports, but they are limited to specific terminals...)
It's relatively weak in the U.S., but pretty good elsewhere. On the west coast, though, you have a bunch of Alaska Board Rooms.
Aussienarelle likes this.

Last edited by chrisny2; Aug 26, 2016 at 9:59 am Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just like all lounge memberships . . . some airports are better than others.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jjoe123
I mean, the only priority pass lounge in SFO is the Air France - KLM Lounge. It states in the fine print that: "Flights departing from Concourse A only".

Where all domestic flights and *A are either terminal 1-3 or G.
Am I missing anything?
From what I've heard that is not enforced, beyond the fact that there is no connection air-side between International A and the other terminals. ie, you would need to clear security twice to use the lounge.

There are domestic flights from International A (Alaskan, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Sun Country) however you're correct that there's no *A there now that Air Canada has moved fully to Intl G.

In general in the US Priority Pass is hit-or-miss. Some airport are great and I will use it instead of the United Clubs (eg, Las Vegas, specifically the lounge near the E gates) and IAD at the right time of day - both of which have showers that none of the United Club lounges do. (IAD does have the LH lounge, but it doesn't open as early as the British Airlines lounge that PP gets access to).

My local airport is SJC (San Jose, California) which has a PP lounge but no airline lounges.

But at other airports there's either nothing, or they are in locations that can't easily be accessed for most flights (eg, SFO as mention, or ORD where there are 2 lounges, but both are in T5)

Last edited by docbert; Aug 27, 2016 at 8:45 pm
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
From what I've heard that is not enforced, beyond the fact that there is no connection air-side between International A and the other terminals. ie, you would need to clear security twice to use the lounge.
Has anybody tried to access the KLM Lounge with Priority Pass card while NOT flying from Intl Terminal Concourse A?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by se7en_z
Has anybody tried to access the KLM Lounge with Priority Pass card while NOT flying from Intl Terminal Concourse A?
If you can physically access the lounge, and it is not too full, it should be available. Note a departing boarding pass is required.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:12 pm

The rules specifically state access REQUIRES a boarding pass from the Intl concourse, so it should NOT be available. But as always, YMMV.

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
If you can physically access the lounge, and it is not too full, it should be available. Note a departing boarding pass is required.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
The rules specifically state access REQUIRES a boarding pass from the Intl concourse, so it should NOT be available. But as always, YMMV.

Agreed; YMMV based on whomever enforces front line rules. So far I've not been denied...but have not tried that many times.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:22 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Agreed; YMMV based on whomever enforces front line rules. So far I've not been denied...but have not tried that many times.
No issue the other night passing TSA in INT-A with a UA Boarding Pass, and accessing AF/KLM lounge with Priority Pass. Both times showed my mobile BP and they just scanned the barcode.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Ted
No issue the other night passing TSA in INT-A with a UA Boarding Pass, and accessing AF/KLM lounge with Priority Pass. Both times showed my mobile BP and they just scanned the barcode.
My sense from albeit anecdotal experience is that when lounges say PP cardholders have access only at certain times, they really mean it. But when they say you must be departing from that terminal, there’s a very good chance the agents won’t enforce that.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:55 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Data point:

SFO AF/KL lounge restricted from PP members prior to 2200 on 23-JUL. Stated reason was lounge full. Both Men's and Women's Australian rugby teams from SF meet last weekend were flying out on QF, with support staff.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
I usually pop in the AF/KL lounge early afternoons before an AS flight. You have to time it right because it can get uncomfortably crowded if you arrive before a departing AF or KLM flight. I enjoy it over the always-overcrowded Amex CL.

Two things to note:

- I've never had issues with PP being accepted on a 'non Term A' boarding pass; I've accessed the lounge about 20 times so far this year.
- Security at Int'l A can be miserable if you don't have CLEAR. Not sure I'd attempt it without. At SFO, no one cares if you enter the 'wrong' terminal.

Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
At all PP lounges/restaurants with that restriction, it appears to be in place only to cover themselves if the TSA decides to not let someone into the wrong terminal. I've never had anything said at any location that's had that restriction (SFO, ORD, and JFK)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.