Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Date new Istanbul Bus Class Lounge opens?

Old Nov 30, 18, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Wondering when the Turkish Airlines Business Class Lounge will be open in the new airport? And what % of completion will it be at when it first opens? Excited to use it early March 2019.
Old Nov 30, 18, 3:22 pm

Iíve been wondering the same and canít find any information on it. There was a thread on the new airport that had construction update photos but it has been closed. Iíll be there in February 2019. Hope itís open!
DUHCAR likes this.
Old Dec 10, 18, 2:07 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
So interestingly enough, I'm flying ORD-FRA-IST-JNB this week and then flying back through Istanbul on Jan. 8th through the new airport presumably. I'll definitely post about it here on FT but I'm fairly nervous the new airport will just have a small pop-up *G lounge...
Old Dec 28, 18, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Will be interesting to see what's going on.
Old Jan 4, 19, 9:33 am

Looks like the transition has been postponed again until atleast March. So Iím out of luck for my February flight. Or maybe Iím in luck since we donít even know if proper lounges will be open at the new airport yet anyway.
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr View Post
Looks like the transition has been postponed again until atleast March. So Iím out of luck for my February flight. Or maybe Iím in luck since we donít even know if proper lounges will be open at the new airport yet anyway.
Yes, I think you are better off at the old one. Let me know how it went if you don't mind......
Old Jan 31, 19, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

OMG. I now see that the new Istanbul Airport is scheduled to open March 3 with the equipment moving to it on March 1 and 2.
And March 3 happens to be the day we land coming in from Toronto.
Wish me luck everyone.

And if anybody has experienced the Bus Class lounge there yet, please let me know me how it is.

John
Old Mar 14, 19, 11:55 am

We're flying YYZ-IST on Apr 11th, 5 days after the new move date. We're in TK J, with Star Alliance Gold (TK Elite). Hoping that SOMETHING in the way of a lounge is open. Coming back through IST on the 29th we have 8+ hours in the airport that we were planning to enjoy in the massive lounge...it's looking like we will be disappointed.
Old May 2, 19, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by andiroo View Post
We're flying YYZ-IST on Apr 11th, 5 days after the new move date. We're in TK J, with Star Alliance Gold (TK Elite). Hoping that SOMETHING in the way of a lounge is open. Coming back through IST on the 29th we have 8+ hours in the airport that we were planning to enjoy in the massive lounge...it's looking like we will be disappointed.
Update: no disappointment whatsoever. The new airport is amazing, and truly enormous. Some thoughts:
  • The Business lounge is a mirror image of the Miles and Smiles lounge. We ended up using the M&S lounge for our 8 hour layover because it had available suites, but the only difference I could see was that the Business lounge had a golf simulator (which was out of order on our return). Pick whichever one is less busy.
  • The personal suites are awesome and a lifesaver for us...1 single bed, a chair and a TV in a (mostly) soundproof room. Bathroom (shower, sink and toilet) available for each suite on request when leaving. You had to be arriving and departing on a long-haul flight in business OR with M&S Elite to use them. Got 3+ hours of sleep before showering and heading back out for food and drinks before the next flight.
  • Food and drink were top notch. All fresh, barista coffee, fresh pide (Turkish pizza) constantly coming up, hot breakfast stations with fresh eggs, fresh baked bagels, handmade ravioli station, etc etc. It went on and on.
  • Alcohol selection is lacking, but adequate. Wine carts all over the place with 7-8 different wines (red/white/rose), mostly Turkish origin but still OK quality. One table with spirits, important bases covered (international brands, Baileys, Glenmorangie Scotch, Vodka Gin and Rum).
Looking forward to flying through IST again...I will definitely fly Turkish if possible just to have access to this airport and lounge.

Search this Thread