Wiki Posts
Search

Dragonpass at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Dragonpass at SFO

I'm travelling out from SFO in December on VS to LHR (International terminal A. Leaving 9pm 21:00.). It's a reward flight (PE) and I don't have any status on VS so it's a straight 'buy airport lounge access' but as I have six pre-paid entries on DragonPass, this seems like the best option.

The DragonPass App says I can use the AF/KLM lounge in that area - yet the few reviews on the app are full of "it's too busy to let you in". In checking the flight times AF leaves 15:15 and KLM even earlier (14.35), so I am hoping that the rush will be over. I'm thinking that lounge will apply the same entry rules are the same as for Priority Pass

Has anyone had any recent experience?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The lounge serves as the main lounge for many airlines, mostly SkyTeam but also some others such as AY, so you will be competing for space against those and other membership holders. The Dragon Pass site does say your prime entry time is one of the authorized usages times and it also has the China Airlines lounge as an option.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Yoshi. That’s helpful indeed. Hoping that a Tuesday night in the second week of December is a quiet one.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Success DragonPass accepted at the KLM/AF lounge

just to provide a data point here. I arrived at the KLM /AF lounge at 5pm and success.

No doubt helped by the fact that there were all of five people in there! The attendants were obviously setting up for the evening. But even at its peak (730 ish) the lounge was only about two thirds full.

Good choice of wine, beer and five spirits. Food was ok (one hot meal) but the lounge was a bit cramped; mainly because most of the seats are at tables.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.