Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Advice kindly sought LHR T-2: walking time for various *A lounges with elderly mum

Advice kindly sought LHR T-2: walking time for various *A lounges with elderly mum

Old Nov 10, 18, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for taking the time to read this -- I greatly appreciate it.

Would any FTer be able to advise me on *A J lounges in T-2 at LHR: I have a Swiss flight and was hoping to try the SQ and UA lounges, but have read online that they're quite a walk once clearing security. Consequently, I just wondered:

How long (minutes-wise) approximately is the walk to the SQ and UA lounges after clearing security, and, after such a walk, would I likely then be in the same terminal area as my Swiss flight... or would I actually need to walk a fair way back again in order to catch my Swiss flight?

Would a walk to the SQ and UA be too much for a very active, but admittedly 80-year-old mother?

Any advice / tips would be greatly appreciated.

All the best
Old Nov 11, 18, 2:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BAEC, Accor, IHG, Hyatt, DB, Hertz
The SQ, AC and UA lounges are in the satellite terminal, your LX flight is out of the main terminal. After passing through security, you'll be in the main terminal.

The LH lounge in the main terminal is much less of a walk than the lounges in the satellite. With an elderly companion, I'd say it takes 15-20 min to get to the satellite lounges. There are some electrified pedestrian walkways on the way to the satellite. They only got those *towards* the satellite. On the way back, you either need to walk all the way or wait for a golf cart which drives you back. The golf carts are for passengers requiring assistance, elderly passengers and such. I don't think it would be a problem for you to get a cart.
Old Nov 11, 18, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1flyer View Post
The SQ, AC and UA lounges are in the satellite terminal, your LX flight is out of the main terminal. After passing through security, you'll be in the main terminal.

The LH lounge in the main terminal is much less of a walk than the lounges in the satellite. With an elderly companion, I'd say it takes 15-20 min to get to the satellite lounges. There are some electrified pedestrian walkways on the way to the satellite. They only got those *towards* the satellite. On the way back, you either need to walk all the way or wait for a golf cart which drives you back. The golf carts are for passengers requiring assistance, elderly passengers and such. I don't think it would be a problem for you to get a cart.
1flyer -- thanks so much for the above information! That's extremely useful to know, especially the location of these lounges and also where LX flights depart from.

I think you're right and perhaps a golf cart might well be an option. By any chance do you know if you have to pre-serve these carts or whether, in fact, you can organise one on the day of travel? My apologies if this is a dumb question.

All the best
Old Nov 11, 18, 1:39 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Scoob72 View Post
.... pre-serve these carts or whether, in fact, you can organise one on the day of travel?....
I would read here:

https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui...ow-to-get-help
Scoob72 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 18, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scoob72 View Post
1flyer -- thanks so much for the above information! That's extremely useful to know, especially the location of these lounges and also where LX flights depart from.

I think you're right and perhaps a golf cart might well be an option. By any chance do you know if you have to pre-serve these carts or whether, in fact, you can organise one on the day of travel? My apologies if this is a dumb question.

All the best
Regarding the buggy cart thingy service in the T2 airside underground pedestrian tunnel connecting the main concourse to the B concourse, I have never needed to reserve a seat. You just wait and one will be there within reasonable time. They also offer rides for able-bodied passengers if there is space remaining.