FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   Priority Pass Lounges/Restaurants You Have Visited (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1939736-priority-pass-lounges-restaurants-you-have-visited.html)

BuildingMyBento Nov 9, 2018 9:50 am

Priority Pass Lounges/Restaurants You Have Visited

Hi FT,

A rainy travel day is compelling me to create this list. Although I've only had the PP for roughly half the year, the membership has been useful at times--

BKK (Bangkok Suvarnhabumi), Miracle Lounge (near the A gates), ~ 15:00
-small selection of food and drinks, fair amount of seating, however they really went out of their way (thus, into mine) to hide power points (power outlets)

CUN (Cancun), Terminal 2, but I can't recall which it was (it was after duty free, upstairs).
Went there around 06:30, had a decent plate of breakfast (eggs, refried beans, fruit),
plenty of seating at that time

VER (Veracruz), Caral VIP Lounge, ~ 07:00
-Very compact, unpleasant, just went there to grab a couple bottles of water

IAH (Houston Intercontinental), Landry's Seafood, ~ 14:00
-Ample seating, uninspired but mostly edible food, iffy service

MEX (Mexico City), The Grand Lounge Elite (close to gate 19), ~ 08:30
-Busy but got two seats, waiter service (a few breakfast options),
(not that it was a standout lounge, but the airside part of T1 is horrible, so the
lounge is the lesser of two "evils")

MEX (Mexico City), Lounge 19 (near...gate 19), ~ 14:30 and ~ 09:00
-compact, busy both times but got seats both times, waiter service offering meals
throughout the day, fruit, sandwiches, and soft drinks/beer available

CUU (Chihuahua), Oma Premium Lounge, ~ 16:00-17:30
-busy but still enough seating (including a few couches) waitstaff, chafing trays of pasta and mayonnaise salads, fruit, soft drinks, and beer

OskiBear Nov 13, 2018 4:26 pm

LAX (Los Angeles - Tom Bradley International Terminal)
PF Chang - standard PF Chang fare, but a decent nibble and quiet mid-day when I've traveled

IAH (Houston InterContinental) - Terminal A
Cadillac Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar - Food was OK, but service was painfully slow

BuildingMyBento Nov 14, 2018 10:34 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear (Post 30426720)
LAX (Los Angeles - Tom Bradley International Terminal)
PF Chang - standard PF Chang fare, but a decent nibble and quiet mid-day when I've traveled

IAH (Houston InterContinental) - Terminal A
Cadillac Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar - Food was OK, but service was painfully slow

Appreciate your reply, OskiBear. Happen to recall the times of day you visited each place (vis-a-vis crowding)?

OskiBear Nov 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento (Post 30429128)
Appreciate your reply, OskiBear. Happen to recall the times of day you visited each place (vis-a-vis crowding)?

The visits to PF Chang were mid-day, between lunch and dinner, so probably why it was fairly quiet.

The visit in IAH was right around lunch time and it was relatively busy, but not so much that I couldn't get a seat immediately. Since I was alone, I did offer to sit at the counter.

Gig103 Nov 17, 2018 12:43 am

GSP: I dined at RJ Rockers and enjoyed my meal. Service was really slow. Here is my review:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...rity-pass.html

PDX: Capers for an acceptable Italian meal and glass or two of wine

golfingboy Nov 17, 2018 9:03 am

MIA

Corona Beach House is halfway decent but can get fairly crowded and busy. Portions are quite large. Food was good by chain restaurant standards.

Margaritaville - Food is alright but the restaurant itself has a weird layout. When I was there most of the beer they had on the menu were out except for mass produced domestic beers.

LAX

PF Chang’s - I really like PF Chang’s in general although it’s American Chinese food. Everything tasted great and service was good. Booze is a little overpriced.

DCA

American Tap Room - this place sucks. I ordered champagne which was $11 for a glass and it was J Roget. That stuff is nasty and I didn’t realize that is what they were serving until I did a double check. A bottle goes for $5.99 FWIW. Everything tastes canned and I wouldn’t reccomend eating anything other than a salad and a beer.

OskiBear Dec 2, 2018 4:19 pm

DEN
Timberline Steaks & Grill
Seating process was a bit annoying. It wasn't packed, plenty of open 2-person tables, I was asked I would sit at the bar and advised that I preferred a table. They told me to wait - a couple walks up next and they get seated immediately - at a table. I continue to wait and then am asked if I wouldn't mind a high-top (counter-style) against the window. I said that's fine - get to view the outside area.
Food was just OK, service was quite lackluster - no refill on iced tea until they brought the check.

krazykanuck Dec 2, 2018 9:28 pm

I meant to type a response to this when I was bored on a flight last week and only got part way there. I've been using Priority Pass for years and honestly probably couldn't remember all of the ones I've been to if I tried, and even then, over time lounges get better/worse. Here is a partial list from the last couple of years, some that have stayed on my memory for better or worse. A few airports have been omitted because I remember going to a lounge there but couldn't tell you much more than that (SIN, HKG, LED, and more)

North America (in no real order)

Calgary YYC: the new lounge in the Transborder concourse is awesome, probably one of the better in NA, with self serve booze, hot food, and lots of seating. The domestic lounge is pretty pitiful with nothing but cold "food" and chips/snacks.
Winnipeg YWG: only option is the Plaza Premium lounge. it isn't bad, was a bit overpopulated with AC crew members the one time I was there, but halfway decent hot food on offer. Manned bar.
Denver DEN: Timberline, I've been to 3 times now. The food is usually somewhere between forgettable and halfway decent, never great. I've found the service to be decent but I always sit at the bar. Harder to be forgotten about.
Miami MIA: Corona beach house, it's a shame they no longer allow you to use PP for the grab and go area, it was my only use for it usually taking a salad for the plane. I'd usually hit that up on my way from the Centurion Lounge to my flight.
Seattle SEA: The Club A gates, decent bar but virtually no food beyond light snacks. Also far from most gates.
Atlanta ATL: The Club, ugh. Overcrowded by all the people who can't get into the SkyClub. Breakfast spread was really weak.
Pittsburgh PIT: The Club, eh. Was there at breakfast, food selection was a bit lower than a Hampton Inn. Friendly service though and a full bar available that is hidden from view due to bizzaro PA liquor laws.
Houston IAH: You can see my thoughts on that here , I wish PP would add a restaurant at HOU which could use it far more than IAH where they added 2.
Mexico City MEX: I actually like the Aeromexico Salon Premier in T2 over the Centurion lounge with it's self serve food and drink, as well as a bar you can sit at.

Australia (all restaurants)

The Graze BNE: great breakfast, the $36 credit covers whatever you could want
Mach2 SYD: very good, located landside and had nice lite bites/salads
Bar Roma SYD: quality spot for burgers and heartier meals

Europe

No1 Lounge LHR: been here a couple of times over the years, usually in the morning. I like the open bar and the breakfast spread is OK. It's too bad you're limited to one choice from the heavier food menu and the portion sizes are kinda lacking, like you'll can get 1 bacon roll which is a roll with a couple slices of bacon on it.
Plaza Premium arrivals LHR: a nice place to grab a bite to eat and a drink if you're not in a rush to get to your hotel. Last time I was there I had a decent chicken curry dish. Tasted not unlike what I'd heat from the freezer, but still beats the heck out of a cold sandwich or kibble like many lounges
AF/KLM lounge FRA: Located far and away from the LH gates I was using, there isn't really any hot food besides hot dogs. On the plus side there was nobody else in the lounge so it was very tranquil.
Aspire #41 (and #26 ) AMS: busy as all heck during the morning leading up the the USA departures. Lite bites mostly. Self pour booze with a Heineken tap. There are two lounges at AMS and they're pretty much the same, just Schengen vs. non.
Skycourt Lounge BUD: Not a bad little lounge, can get busy in the mornings, and has a pretty limited continental breakfast but a decent self serve bar including mini bottles of sparking wine ^

Africa/ME

Marhaba Lounge DXB: this might be one of the best PP lounges I've ever been to. Great manned bar, huge hot food buffet selection, loads of comfortable seating. Busy but handled it well.
Pearl Lounge KWI: probably one of my more memorable PP visits. I didn't realize it was BYO-towel for the showers so had to dry off using paper towels. Fun times. :D Good food, and I never knew how great an ice cold Mountain Dew could taste (dry country :rolleyes:)
Shongololo JNB: nice homey lounge. had a make your own sandwich/panini station which I thought was curious. Also interesting cast of characters in this lounge.

South America

LIM: had been to a couple of lounges there, but neither one seems to be part of PP anymore

twr Dec 2, 2018 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 30492445)
I meant to type a response to this when I was bored on a flight last week and only got part way there. I've been using Priority Pass for years and honestly probably couldn't remember all of the ones I've been to if I tried, and even then, over time lounges get better/worse. Here is a partial list from the last couple of years, some that have stayed on my memory for better or worse. A few airports have been omitted because I remember going to a lounge there but couldn't tell you much more than that (SIN, HKG, LED, and more)

North America (in no real order)

Calgary YYC: the new lounge in the Transborder concourse is awesome, probably one of the better in NA, with self serve booze, hot food, and lots of seating. The domestic lounge is pretty pitiful with nothing but cold "food" and chips/snacks.
Winnipeg YWG: only option is the Plaza Premium lounge. it isn't bad, was a bit overpopulated with AC crew members the one time I was there, but halfway decent hot food on offer. Manned bar.
Denver DEN: Timberline, I've been to 3 times now. The food is usually somewhere between forgettable and halfway decent, never great. I've found the service to be decent but I always sit at the bar. Harder to be forgotten about.
Miami MIA: Corona beach house, it's a shame they no longer allow you to use PP for the grab and go area, it was my only use for it usually taking a salad for the plane. I'd usually hit that up on my way from the Centurion Lounge to my flight.
Seattle SEA: The Club A gates, decent bar but virtually no food beyond light snacks. Also far from most gates.
Atlanta ATL: The Club, ugh. Overcrowded by all the people who can't get into the SkyClub. Breakfast spread was really weak.
Pittsburgh PIT: The Club, eh. Was there at breakfast, food selection was a bit lower than a Hampton Inn. Friendly service though and a full bar available that is hidden from view due to bizzaro PA liquor laws.
Houston IAH: You can see my thoughts on that here , I wish PP would add a restaurant at HOU which could use it far more than IAH where they added 2.
Mexico City MEX: I actually like the Aeromexico Salon Premier in T2 over the Centurion lounge with it's self serve food and drink, as well as a bar you can sit at.

Australia (all restaurants)

The Graze BNE: great breakfast, the $36 credit covers whatever you could want
Mach2 SYD: very good, located landside and had nice lite bites/salads
Bar Roma SYD: quality spot for burgers and heartier meals

Europe

No1 Lounge LHR: been here a couple of times over the years, usually in the morning. I like the open bar and the breakfast spread is OK. It's too bad you're limited to one choice from the heavier food menu and the portion sizes are kinda lacking, like you'll can get 1 bacon roll which is a roll with a couple slices of bacon on it.
Plaza Premium arrivals LHR: a nice place to grab a bite to eat and a drink if you're not in a rush to get to your hotel. Last time I was there I had a decent chicken curry dish. Tasted not unlike what I'd heat from the freezer, but still beats the heck out of a cold sandwich or kibble like many lounges
AF/KLM lounge FRA: Located far and away from the LH gates I was using, there isn't really any hot food besides hot dogs. On the plus side there was nobody else in the lounge so it was very tranquil.
Aspire #41 (and #26 ) AMS: busy as all heck during the morning leading up the the USA departures. Lite bites mostly. Self pour booze with a Heineken tap. There are two lounges at AMS and they're pretty much the same, just Schengen vs. non.
Skycourt Lounge BUD: Not a bad little lounge, can get busy in the mornings, and has a pretty limited continental breakfast but a decent self serve bar including mini bottles of sparking wine ^

Africa/ME

Marhaba Lounge DXB: this might be one of the best PP lounges I've ever been to. Great manned bar, huge hot food buffet selection, loads of comfortable seating. Busy but handled it well.
Pearl Lounge KWI: probably one of my more memorable PP visits. I didn't realize it was BYO-towel for the showers so had to dry off using paper towels. Fun times. :D Good food, and I never knew how great an ice cold Mountain Dew could taste (dry country :rolleyes:)
Shongololo JNB: nice homey lounge. had a make your own sandwich/panini station which I thought was curious. Also interesting cast of characters in this lounge.

South America

LIM: had been to a couple of lounges there, but neither one seems to be part of PP anymore

I really want to try the marhaba in DXB next month but I see I have to pay to use the showers?? That's putting me off as for me I need that, I visited the lounge @b previously was was limited small but at least the showers were great even thought it's a 5 to 10min walk.

JamesKidd Dec 3, 2018 9:48 am

Originally Posted by twr (Post 30492660)
I really want to try the marhaba in DXB next month but I see I have to pay to use the showers?? That's putting me off as for me I need that, I visited the lounge @b previously was was limited small but at least the showers were great even thought it's a 5 to 10min walk.

When was that ? I believe there are no more free showers in PP lounges in DXB anymore. All are paid.

1flyer Dec 3, 2018 11:15 am

Guys,

Usually, we have dedicated threads at the level of individual airports. Sometimes, the structure is finer even with threads focusing on specific airport terminals or individual lounges/restaurants.

This thread is going to be utterly useless in a few weeks at the latest, because nobody will be able to find anything within this mess.

EDIT: And if you want to give us your assessment of PP overall, there are dedicated threads for that as well (e.g., the "Priority Pass benefits rapidly deteriorating" thread).

Firebreaker7 Dec 4, 2018 12:18 am

LAX (Terminal 2) - Barney's Beanery - at one point, I went here a few times a week since I usually fly Delta out of LAX. Always busy and had to wait a few times. The food is okay and very typical bar food / drinks. Still compares very favorably to other options. Not a place to go for healthy options, but for a decent burger / wings, this is a solid option.

tmiw Dec 4, 2018 1:15 am

No restaurants yet but I have visited:

The Club @ SJC -- decent, albeit limited food selection.
KAL Lounge @ LAX -- was fairly busy, also limited food selection. I hear it's gotten worse.
The Club @ PHX -- a while ago, using my Diners Club card. I remember it being pretty small.
Plaza Premium Arrivals @ LHR T2 -- wished there were windows. I only stayed long enough to get my local SIM card installed, so can't comment on food, etc.
Avianca @ MEX -- even smaller than PHX's lounge. Not worth visiting, IMO.
KLM @ IAH -- decent as well. Got busier as time went on.

Points Scrounger Dec 4, 2018 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Firebreaker7 (Post 30496654)
LAX (Terminal 2) - Barney's Beanery - at one point, I went here a few times a week since I usually fly Delta out of LAX. Always busy and had to wait a few times. The food is okay and very typical bar food / drinks. Still compares very favorably to other options. Not a place to go for healthy options, but for a decent burger / wings, this is a solid option.

No longer participating

twr Dec 6, 2018 12:22 am

Originally Posted by JamesKidd (Post 30494010)
When was that ? I believe there are no more free showers in PP lounges in DXB anymore. All are paid.

It was in October this year