Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

DEL 8 hour layover...lounge options?

Old Nov 2, 18, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

I arrive in Delhi via Air Canada (international into India). I then have a flight from DEL to JAI, but there's an 8 hour layover. Since I arrive at night, I don't mind spending the evening in DEL so I can arrive in JAI at a reasonable hour and feel safer (single female traveling) when I get an Uber or OLA to my destination in Jaipur.

Can you please share with me the options for lounges? If I arrive International, but depart domestic, I don't know what that will mean....do I qualify for international lounge options, domestic, either? How does it work...when I exit the plane I assume I have to immediately go through customs, and from there into a lounge for the layover?

I have:
* Priority Pass Select
* Chase Sapphire Reserve card (used this card with MP miles to purchase the flight)
* CapitalOne Venture card,
* was just approved for the United Explorer Business card (but didn't use this card to purchase my flight into India)

What are my best options for using a lounge at DEL during those 8 hours (some of which will be used going through customs)?

Thanks!!
Old Nov 3, 18, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA, DL Silver, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Firstly, which airline is your DEL-JAI flight on? If it's not AI or 9W, you'll have to transfer landside to T1 (try the new Metro connection) or perhaps to the adjacent T2. Find out from your carrier which terminal the JAI flight is leaving from.. T1 is all domestic so you can use any of the lounges available to you which are two Plaza Premium lounges (which you can used with Priority Pass), one airside and one landside. T2 has a Plaza Premium airside.

If your JAI flight leaves T3, once you clear India customs/immigration, you'll be landside and will have to re-enter to the Domestic section. Again, there's a Plaza Premium lounge both landside and the domestic section airside.

The only lounge I can comment on is the ITC Green one which you won't have access to as that's in the T3 international airside section. It's not great.
Old Nov 5, 18, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, @Oakshadow! I fly out using Air India, after arriving via Air Canada.
Old Nov 11, 18, 6:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can only use the plaza premium lounge on the domestic airside of T3. Its OK-ish. Nightmare for 8h. The PP arrival lounge in T3 gets full quickly in the late night. If your flight is more than 5hours away, you might not be allowed to enter departure concourse. Better pay for the HI hotel in the T3 terminal.
GUWonder and gypsyardor like this.

Search this Thread