Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore IAH MAN DUB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Singapore IAH MAN DUB

Hey All,
Flying in business ending up in Dublin via Singapore and connecting with Aer Lingus. Have a 2.5 hr layover in MAN and was wondering if there is anywhere I could shower in preparation for driving to Cork and then a meeting. Not sure what normal rules are for Lounge access for arrivals and if any in MAN have shower whether paid or something I would have access to with my ticket. I am also a Start Alliance Gold if that matters.
Thanks for your advice!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Star Alliance Gold will give you lounge access in MAN but I'm not sure if the lounge has showers.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swiftaw
Star Alliance Gold will give you lounge access in MAN but I'm not sure if the lounge has showers.
Ya looking on manchester airport and lounge buddy none of the 'contracted' lounges appear to have showers listed in their facilities.
FIgured I would ask the experts here.
Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kwoody
Hey All,
Flying in business ending up in Dublin via Singapore and connecting with Aer Lingus. Have a 2.5 hr layover in MAN and was wondering if there is anywhere I could shower in preparation for driving to Cork and then a meeting. Not sure what normal rules are for Lounge access for arrivals and if any in MAN have shower whether paid or something I would have access to with my ticket. I am also a Start Alliance Gold if that matters.
Thanks for your advice!
If you're willing to wait until DUB, according to Loungebuddy the Aer Lingus arrivals lounge has showers available. I presume you'd have access with a biz class ticket.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
If you're willing to wait until DUB, according to Loungebuddy the Aer Lingus arrivals lounge has showers available. I presume you'd have access with a biz class ticket.
Incorrect assumption!!!
No shower in a lounge for the OP at MAN or DUB.
On arrival in MAN, SQ does not provide any lounge access.
The Aspire Lounge in MAN that EI uses (as well as many other carriers) receives terrible reviews Lounge at Manchester T1 - Disgrace and has no showers.
If the OP wants a shower, can go to the Radisson Hotel attached to T2 and pay for one there.
And the OP doesn't qualify for the EI Arrivals Lounge in DUB.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Oct 13, 2018 at 3:39 pm Reason: added Aspire and DUB, Radisson
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by swiftaw
It won't because the OP is not departing on a *A flight ... EI is not part of the alliance and there is no Arrivals Lounge.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Incorrect assumption!!!
No shower in a lounge for the OP at MAN or DUB.
On arrival in MAN, SQ does not provide any lounge access.
The Aspire Lounge in MAN that EI uses (as well as many other carriers) receives terrible reviews and has no showers.
If the OP wants a shower, can go to the Radisson Hotel attached to T2 and pay for one there.
And the OP doesn't qualify for the EI Arrivals Lounge in DUB.
Thank you for the information! I appreciate it. Will just hang out in the terminal then.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
It won't because the OP is not departing on a *A flight ... EI is not part of the alliance and there is no Arrivals Lounge.
So there are no lounged where this applies in MAN is what you are saying? Sorry, not a expert traveler

Star Alliance Gold (SAG) Customers travelling on Connecting Partner Flights

As a Star Alliance Gold customer traveling on Connecting Partner Flights in any class of travel as part of an itinerary that involves at least one Star Alliance flight, you have access to Connecting Partner Lounges and third party Contract Lounges contracted by the Connecting Partner at the airport where your flight departs. Simply present your boarding pass with the Star Alliance Gold indicator for the Connecting Partner’s flight. You are entitled to one guest, who must be travelling on the same Connecting Partner Flight as you.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:13 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by kwoody
So there are no lounged where this applies in MAN is what you are saying? Sorry, not a expert traveler

Star Alliance Gold (SAG) Customers travelling on Connecting Partner Flights

As a Star Alliance Gold customer traveling on Connecting Partner Flights in any class of travel as part of an itinerary that involves at least one Star Alliance flight, you have access to Connecting Partner Lounges and third party Contract Lounges contracted by the Connecting Partner at the airport where your flight departs. Simply present your boarding pass with the Star Alliance Gold indicator for the Connecting Partner’s flight. You are entitled to one guest, who must be travelling on the same Connecting Partner Flight as you.
You can try, as that would appear to be the case here. Incidentally, I use the Aspire lounge fairly regularly (as a PP member), and it's not as bad as it's made out. I was there yesterday afternoon, and there were some tables that needed clearing when I arrived, but it was all sorted within 10 minutes.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I believe the 1903 Lounge (former EY Lounge) in MAN T1 has a shower but charges £45 for a visit and space is limited. Using a shower at the Radisson should be cheaper.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I believe the 1903 Lounge (former EY Lounge) in MAN T1 has a shower but charges £45 for a visit and space is limited. Using a shower at the Radisson should be cheaper.
Note that it's only open until 10:30am at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.