Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounge access / cc for STL & DAL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Best lounge access / cc for STL & DAL

I am currently switching from DL to WN. I use SkyClubs in ATL at the moment. In the future will be connecting mostly in DAL and STL. Occasionally MDW, PHX, or LAS.

What is the best CC offer or membership to get lounge access in those airports, especially in terminals frequented by WN passengers?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:52 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I suspect there won't be much. The Amex Platinum seems to have the best overall coverage, and it has nothing in DAL and only restaurants (via Priority Pass) in STL.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Yikes. I was afraid of that.

Looks like I’ll be saving $450-$550/yr on a premium card.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
DAL has no lounges period.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by txflyer77
DAL has no lounges period.
And it can be a hassle to get even a table to eat at much of the time. That airport seems to be way over design capacity.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to Airport Lounges forum.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
And it can be a hassle to get even a table to eat at much of the time. That airport seems to be way over design capacity.
Good to know. Sounds like I need to go through STL whenever possible. I get hangry when it's tough to sit down and eat.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
That's after the expansion and concession upgrades. I frequently fly out of DAL but I live less than 15 minutes from the airport.

Delta and Southwest have been squabbling over gates Southwest purchased from United with assumed rents but Delta was leasing from United. The airport is capped at 20 gates by the Wright Amendment to protect DFW.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:43 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by TGarza
The airport is capped at 20 gates by the Wright Amendment to protect DFW.
The gate cap has more to do with limiting operations for neighborhood noise mitigation. DFW is doing quite well, with or without protection.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
The gate cap has more to do with limiting operations for neighborhood noise mitigation. DFW is doing quite well, with or without protection.
The Wright Amendment (former Speaker Jim Wright) was written to protect DFW from competition by limiting the gate capacity and restricting Love Field flights to the 4 adjoining states with no through ticketing. Neighborhood noise was not an issue addressed by the original version of the Wright Amendment. I have lived just east of Love Field for more than 20 years with my neighborhood having town halls to discuss the last expansion. Ft Worth closed their airport when DFW opened because the location south of DFW at Amon Carter Blvd and 183. The property has a Ft Worth address even though the property is not connected to the city proper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.