Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Multiple Priority Pass Accounts

Old Sep 23, 18, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

If eligible from holding more than one credit card that provides Priority Pass (PP) lounge access, is an individual allowed to have and use multiple PP accounts?
Old Sep 23, 18, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bobrawski View Post
If eligible from holding more than one credit card that provides Priority Pass (PP) lounge access, is an individual allowed to have and use multiple PP accounts?
Did you read this Priority Pass - Multiple Cards
Old Sep 23, 18, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I did read that, but it was unclear to me whether that was something that Priority Pass explicitly allowed or if folks had to keep it on the down low. For example, if I have one Select membership that allows unlimited access for me and two companions and one that just provides ten visits per year, can I use both memberships to get me and the other three people in my party (total of four of us) into a lounge?

And on a related topic, can I load both PP numbers into their app so that I don’t have to carry the two physical cards with me?
Old Sep 23, 18, 9:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Simply put, no. Any lounge that does allow this is not following PP rules which say:

The Priority Pass Card may not be used by any person other than the named Customer and only one Priority Pass Card may be used for each visit to a Lounge or Merchant location.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/conditions-of-use
Old Sep 23, 18, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

So there’s basically no benefit to having two memberships then. Lame. Something to keep in mind when considering whether to get another credit card with this benefit. About as useless as getting another Global Entry/TSA Precheck reimbursement.
Old Sep 23, 18, 10:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
So there’s basically no benefit to having two memberships then. Lame. Something to keep in mind when considering whether to get another credit card with this benefit. About as useless as getting another Global Entry/TSA Precheck reimbursement.
haha. Welcome to my life, and that of many people on FT. I think I currently have 4 CCs that offer PP memberships, and I've lost count of the number of GE/Pre reimbursements I have access to. I can't even use any of the GE credits on myself, so meh.
Old Sep 24, 18, 12:17 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
You are allowed to have more than one Priority Pass membership, and you are allowed to use all of them, but only one per visit.

If Customer has multiple Program memberships, the Customer is responsible for presenting the correct Priority Pass Card or payment card to the Lounge staff for Lounge admittance, and may only use one such Program membership per entry. Any payment queries should be addressed with Priority Pass or the payment card issuer and not the individual Lounges.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/conditions-of-use#

There is no benefit to holding more than one membership if the terms are identical, but if (for example) you hold one membership offering unlimited visits with up to two guests, and another offering ten visits per year, the second membership could be used if you would exceed the two guest limit on a particular visit.
Old Apr 10, 19, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EP
Quick question. My home airport is PDX and they offer $28 credit for two different restaurants? I have two PPasses from two different cards. Can I use one card for $28 credit and another card for an additional $28 credit?
Old Apr 10, 19, 7:50 pm

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Originally Posted by tfizzle View Post
Quick question. My home airport is PDX and they offer $28 credit for two different restaurants? I have two PPasses from two different cards. Can I use one card for $28 credit and another card for an additional $28 credit?
If you wait long enough, I think two hours.

Like many others I have multiple PP memberships. I prefer to use my Chase PP because it has unlimited guests (so I don't have to think about it) and also so Amex is less likely to know how much I visit PP lounges. Also it is about being fair: I've visited non-PP Amex lounges maybe forty times this year already, and why shouldn't Chase cover my PP.
Old Jun 3, 19, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I've got the PP app setup with my membership from the Hilton Amex card. I've just gotten the Chase Sapphire Reserve which also has PP membership with unlimited visits so it's "better". Is there a way in the app to add both, or at least unlink the existing PP membership and add the new one? From what I can see, it's going to make me create a new account entirely...

Edit: FAQ in the app confirms a separate account is needed. Annoying!
Old Aug 27, 19, 10:57 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Unhappy

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
I prefer to use my Chase PP because it has unlimited guests (so I don't have to think about it)
Not any more ó itís down to two, like the others.
Old Aug 27, 19, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For a while, I had two PP cards: the select membership from AmEx and the cheapest paid one that gave access to all lounges in their network. I obviously used the select one at any lounge that accepted it while the paid membership gave me access to some additional lounges.
Old Sep 2, 19, 10:32 am

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Originally Posted by lairdb View Post

Not any more ó itís down to two, like the others.
I believe my Chase Ritz-Carlton Card still includes no official limit on guests; to be honest though Iíve only once brought in more thane guest. How many of us actually travel with a whole orchestra or football team of people?
Old Sep 2, 19, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
I believe my Chase Ritz-Carlton Card still includes no official limit on guests; to be honest though Iíve only once brought in more thane guest. How many of us actually travel with a whole orchestra or football team of people?
I once guested in six people (seven total counting me) with my CSR Priority Pass, before the limit went to two guests last year. It was Wingtips Lounge at JFK Terminal 4.

There were seven of us traveling together on the outbound, but we did not all travel home together. I traveled with two others on the return. I tried guesting my two travel companions into a (different) lounge on our return flight, and that particular lounge said they allow only one guest. So we went to another lounge that allowed two guests.
Old Sep 3, 19, 1:02 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
So thereís basically no benefit to having two memberships then. Lame. Something to keep in mind when considering whether to get another credit card with this benefit. About as useless as getting another Global Entry/TSA Precheck reimbursement.
Correct. At least for the GE/Pre reimbursement, you can use that for anyone's renewal so you could give the gift of trusted traveler to a friend or family member.
(If they reimburse you, that's not for Chase or Amex to know ;-))

Search this Thread
Search Engine: