Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Can I use the TLV / Tel Aviv lounge on a Sunday at 2:35am?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone - I'm flying to Tel Aviv in mid-October and one possible flight has me landing at 2:35am on a Sunday (this may matter because I think the airport has very limited staffing and operations on the sabbath, which ends Saturday at sundown).

That seems too late at night to be worth getting a hotel room for a few hours sleep. I was wondering if the lounge is open, and if I can pay for access (I have a gold Delta AMEX). While I'm in Israel I'll be staying at a private facility about an hour from the airport, and if I took a cab there I don't know that I'd be able to enter until breakfast time. So I'm trying to understand my options in advance.

I guess my alternative is to sleep for a few hours in the concourse; or of course book a different flight. But this particular flight is pretty cheap, allows me a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam (enough time for a quick peek perhaps) and should earn me some Delta miles (it's a KLM flight).

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Last edited by SteveOh; Sep 3, 2018 at 9:14 pm
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SteveOh
Hi everyone - I'm flying to Tel Aviv in mid-October and one possible flight has me landing at 2:35am on a Sunday (this may matter because I think the airport has very limited staffing and operations on the sabbath, which ends Saturday at sundown).

That seems too late at night to be worth getting a hotel room for a few hours sleep. I was wondering if the lounge is open, and if I can pay for access (I have a gold Delta AMEX). While I'm in Israel I'll be staying at a private facility about an hour from the airport, and if I took a cab there I don't know that I'd be able to enter until breakfast time. So I'm trying to understand my options in advance.

I guess my alternative is to sleep for a few hours in the concourse; or of course book a different flight. But this particular flight is pretty cheap, allows me a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam (enough time for a quick peek perhaps) and should earn me some Delta miles (it's a KLM flight).

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
There are no landside lounges at TLV. As TLV is your destination, you must clear immigration and go to the landside area. As 2:35am Sunday is outside the sabbath, there are more transportation options available to you depending on where you area going, like Nasher shabbat to Jerusalem or Hadar Taxis or the train to Tel Aviv (trains run once an hour from 11pm to 6am).

If you really need to sleep upon arrival before you get to your destination in the daylight morning, there are a couple of nearby airport hotel options that have shuttles. One I know of is the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Sep 3, 2018 at 10:39 pm Reason: correct airside>landside

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.