FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   Best lounge at SEA? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1927149-best-lounge-sea.html)

curl Aug 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Best lounge at SEA?

I have two long connections coming up - what is the best lounge at SEA?

for access, I have AMEX Plat and Priority Pass. Flying DL. (2 guests w me)

expert opinions?? TIA!

krazykanuck Aug 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by curl (Post 30126821)
I have two long connections coming up - what is the best lounge at SEA?

Delta Skyclub. The Centurion Lounge is decent, but it's often really crowded and has a limited food selection. Since you have 2 guests that poses a bit of an issue since it would cost you ~$60 each way to bring your guests into the Skyclub so in that case you may want to stick to the Centurion since there is no cost for the 2 guests. If it were me travelling solo I wouldn't even bother going to the Amex lounge and just stick to the Skyclub. "The Club" lounges kinda suck, and the Alaska Lounges at SEA are leaving Priority Pass effective Sept. 1.

curl Aug 24, 2018 8:23 pm

I’ll be there this weekend so Alaska an option still on outbound. I’ve heard so-so on Centurion as well.

Points Scrounger Aug 25, 2018 8:50 am

September 1st is the official severing for AS lounges, in reality they've been off-limits nearly always for months.

curl Aug 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 30128174)
September 1st is the official severing for AS lounges, in reality they've been off-limits nearly always for months.

Have they been applying capacity controls? It says that the "Club at SEA" does the same. Probably just going to do Centurion then, since it would cost almost $60 to get my companions into the DL club.

krazykanuck Aug 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by curl (Post 30128997)
Have they been applying capacity controls?

Definitely and the lounges are not necessarily even crowded when denying PP. My last trip through SEA I didn't even bother trying to get into the AS lounge. You can see this thread in the AS forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...space-115.html

Points Scrounger Aug 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by curl (Post 30128997)
Have they been applying capacity controls? It says that the "Club at SEA" does the same. Probably just going to do Centurion then, since it would cost almost $60 to get my companions into the DL club.

I've been to The Club in Terminal A a couple of times this summer, though later in the evening. Not as shabby as seems indicated, but not awe-inspiring either. Salad, crackers and cheese, if there were hot items I don't recall. Decent 'all included' drink selection and snacks. Schlepping all the way out there can be kind of a pain.

I had a red eye to catch the last time I was there, so the Centurion Club closed long before my flight aborted. The Club @ A had very little in the way of food, besides the salad bar itself, and when I asked about it the bartender replied with a shrug that was it for the day.

DG206 Aug 29, 2018 11:18 am

SkyClub A gates. Actual real hot food options. Centurion is choice when not flying DL. The Club is fine for quick snack/coffee if youre in the area- I do like the Tillamook cheese they offer. AS Lounges are extremely lackluster, not a loss at all for me when they leave PP.

Duke787 Aug 29, 2018 11:21 am

Given companions I would go for Centurion. If you were on your own would say DL SC in a heartbeat but not worth the $60

cdoobiest Aug 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Just came back and was impressed with Delta Club. Wow, one of the best lounges I have been into. Spacious, not busy on Sunday AM. Breakfast was great with eggs, lots of choices for kids. My only complaint was one espresso machine. I wish I stayed for lunch as they usually have Ivars Clam Chowder and Beechers Mac and Cheese.

Went to peak at Amex Plat lounge also. Like everyone said in previous posts, much smaller, people hanging out at every nook and cranny and only 2 bathrooms that were single stalls. Food was also not as good as Delta. It looked gourmet but tasted average. I was there for lunch spread and it was chicken banh mi sandwiches which were not half bad. The flatbread veggie sandwiches were tasteless and desserts were some sort of crumble squares that was not appetizing. The salad bar looked good but wasn't into a salad at that time.

One option for Amex plat is to add additional card holders with passengers name on it to avoid $30 fee but each additonal card holder costs extra ($175) for 3. I have Amex Plat Ameriprise so it is free if you have that card. But the Delta Skyclub beats the Amex Plat lounge out of the water. If you are staying a long time in Seattle it may be worth it to pay the extra to stay there. You could just pop into Amex Plat lounge to see how busy it is before making your decision. And check out the Delta lounge to see if worth $30 per person to you. They are both right around corner from each other. Also check out the Sub Pop store in Central terminal if you like seattle grunge scene. Really great store that brings back memories of my youth

mia Aug 30, 2018 4:48 am

Originally Posted by cdoobiest (Post 30146192)
.... I have Amex Plat Ameriprise so it is free...

Only during the first year.

Altaflyer Sep 3, 2018 4:50 pm

The Centurion is no longer a good lounge - it is way too crowded and still does not offer a full hot meal service. The Sky Club in A is the best lounge in Seattle. Lots of space, decent food options and acceptable alcoholic beverages including sparking wine complimentary. Centurion had a waitlist today and the Club in A was a madhouse around 12:30pm

philemer Dec 21, 2018 5:55 pm

The Club or AS lounge?

The Club or an AS lounge? Flying on pd. F (with AS) in early Jan. and have PP too. We were in The Club earlier this year (abt. 9am if I remember correctly) and was impressed with snack choices & free drinks. Seems like a step up from the AS lounges. Agree?

Points Scrounger Dec 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30563049)
The Club or an AS lounge? Flying on pd. F (with AS) in early Jan. and have PP too. We were in The Club earlier this year (abt. 9am if I remember correctly) and was impressed with snack choices & free drinks. Seems like a step up from the AS lounges. Agree?

All depends on what kind of a heavy drinker you maybe? Alaska theoretically has a limit of three alcoholic drinks per person per visit, but unless you have the same bartender three times and they remember you specifically, I doubt it's really enforced.

Honestly, if you qualify for the Alaska Lounge I would take it.

philemer Dec 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 30563345)
All depends on what kind of a heavy drinker you maybe? Alaska theoretically has a limit of three alcoholic drinks per person per visit, but unless you have the same bartender three times and they remember you specifically, I doubt it's really enforced.

Honestly, if you qualify for the Alaska Lounge I would take it.

Thanks. Not heavy drinkers but doesn't AL charge for drinks other than beer & wine?