Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next morning Sky Club access after late arrival

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Next morning Sky Club access after late arrival

Hi all, I'll be arriving to JFK after midnight (DL Sky Club closes then) and will be staying over at JFK before heading out at 6am. Anyone has an idea if I'll be able to use the lounge when it opens at 5am to freshen up, etc? I've frequently used the lounge after a red eye but this is 1st time catching the lounge in between hours. Thanks for any guidance.

catherine
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Hi Hermb8, welcome to Flyertalk! Are you flying DeltaOne (or a Skyteam partner business / first class) to JFK? Do you have an American Express Skymiles or Platinum card? Do you have Skyteam Elite Plus status?

These sort of things help determine access eligibility.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, Gig103! Not flying Biz or F class and have (lowly) Silver Medallion status and have Club access via the AMEX Plat card :-).

catherine
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hermb8
.... heading out at 6am....
I assume you are not on another Delta flight. The rules require a "same day" boarding pass, which you will have in the technical sense that your flight arrived on the same day as you are seeking admission, but that won't be the date displayed on the boarding pass.

Which terminal will you be in?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by mia
I assume you are not on another Delta flight. The rules require a "same day" boarding pass, which you will have in the technical sense that your flight arrived on the same day as you are seeking admission, but that won't be the date displayed on the boarding pass.

Which terminal will you be in?
The policy does not mention a "same day boarding pass" but rather a "same day flight". OP will have access on the day of arrival, e.g. at 5:00 AM when the two SC's at JFK open.

OP - You may need to point out the arrival time at the SC because a quick lookup of your ticket will show the departure date not the arrival date.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

I'm arriving into T4 and will go to SC when it opens up and point out my 1230a arrival if needed. Thanks everyone for your replies!

catherine
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Your American Express Platinum card also includes a Priority Pass membership, which you need to activate if you have not already. Priority Pass allows you to use the Wingtips Lounge which is located in Terminal 4, and open 24 hours per day.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...ingtips-Lounge
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

I totally forget about WingTips! Was able to sleep there for a few hours before freshening up and heading out. Thank you, Mia!

catherine
Gig103 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by hermb8
I totally forget about WingTips! Was able to sleep there for a few hours before freshening up and heading out. Thank you, Mia!

catherine
Thanks for reporting back! I'm curious, did you try the Skyclub first? I'm asking more for the data point if the BP was denied or if you just opted for Wingtips.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gig103
Thanks for reporting back! I'm curious, did you try the Skyclub first? I'm asking more for the data point if the BP was denied or if you just opted for Wingtips.
I imagine the OP went to Wingtips after the flight arrived at 12:30am rather than waiting until 5:00am for the SkyClub to open.
Wingtips states 4 hour max visit--I'd be curious if they enforced that.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Wingtips states 4 hour max visit--I'd be curious if they enforced that.
Unlikely - based on anecdotes from this forum it doesn't seem that time limits are ever really enforced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.