Reload this Page >

Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:20 pm

Turned away last Friday at LGW South, No 1 lounge.

I wouldn’t have thought 11:00 would be a peak time, but we live and learn.

I asked the lady if I could come back in half an hour and get entry, she said there was a remote chance in three hours time.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:29 pm

No problem to date

My PP linked to a credit card allows me a measly 6 lounge visits a year. This year, I have used it in Helsinki, Newark, Lahore and Colombo without any problems. Having said that, the PP-accessible lounges in Lahore and Colombo are not too flash; however, in Colombo, the guy made me a stiff Scotch which helped me to sleep on the red-eye flight, can't complain.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:57 pm

Happens at T5 LHR all the time - I have tried to use it every almost week this year and only six times have I been allowed straight in
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
PP at KIX

The Korean Air lounge at KIX often has a sign saying they are full to Priority Pass members (while open for Business/First class), although I have been let in twice anyway. The lounge is not big and has crap food. It is landside and hidden away in a corner on the floor below the check-in counters. I have never seen it more that 50% full.

Once I had 5 guests and they said only two were allowed. The six of us did get into the ICN lounge on the return.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:44 pm

I've actually been denied access to the MIA Centurion Lounge 5 times already.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
I've only gotten to try my PP card a handful of times this year (the rest of the time I was either in the wrong terminal or got lounge access from flying in business) but have only had access issues at one lounge I've tried - the Turkish lounge at IAD. Got denied the first two times I tried (all evening departures, peak hour at IAD) then finally got in on the third. Great food/drink selection, but holy cow that place is cramped - totally understand why they limit access. Outside of peak hours I love the IAD lounges though, beats the United Clubs.

No access issues at the other airports I've been able to try PP at this year (CVG, ATL, YYZ, YVR, BRU, AMS, ESB, LIM, ABV). Both times I used LIM I got straight in but there was a waitlist for PP when I left the lounge to go to my gate - so it might be full at times. ABV was easily the worst lounge I've been to so far (questionable food, bad AC and nonfunctional WiFi) but it was still way better than the terminal - to be fair that entire airport was in bad shape.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA GLD,DL,UA
I've enjoyed the Aspire lounges at LHR T3 and T5. Nice breakfasts. Food in KBP is marginal, but it's better than sitting by the gates, and the shower is there if needed. Was turned away once at the previous miniscule DFW D lounge, but the check-in lady brought us coffees to go, and I later realized I could use the shower which is separate from the lounge itself. I didn't have time to use the PGA MSP lounge but did take a walk through it. I was able to get a $15 voucher for the restaurant below, which has a ready-to-go take out section. .Enjoyed lounges in Vilnius, Krakow, JFK, and a few other places

Based on my DFW shower and MSP take-out food, there may be other benefits available besides getting in the actual lounge.

I like the program enough I continued my Chase Sapphire Reserve card just for the Priority Pass lounge access (although I've recently come to appreciate other card benefits)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UAmileage+,SkyMiles,Avios
i was at SEA seattle, departure at terminal S, they closed for PP at most of the time, i arrived in the morning and was able to get in, the don't have much available, bagle, and some others, no sandwich bread or sandwich, no cookies. at evening, the one in S is closed for PP, walked 20min to B to use another PP, it's even worst for food, they have plenty of coffee and not even 1/2 full, i shouldn't even walk there in my opinion.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:55 pm

PTY Panama City, Panama has limited hours for PP users. I've been denied twice when trying to enter between 10am-12pm. Last time I was there they put up a sign that due to capacity issues there will be no PP access during these times.

Another reason to hate PTY. Horrendous airport all around.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:02 pm

No Issues in Asia

We use PP all the time. We have two cards and two kids. We usually use both cards - wife thinks we might have issues later if too many people are on one card.

We did have to wait at one lounge as there were no tables available - but everyone waited whether PP or paid. In Incheon, I had a long layover so I hit 5 or 6 lounges out of sheer boredom.

Best lounge so far is in Bangkok's Don Mueang International Airport (the old Bangkok Airport). Great attendants that come around and serve you, better than average food and they come around and give shoulder and back massages. They offered a few cans of beer to take on the flight. I said I really prefer wine. So she put a whole bottle in my carry on with a couple plastic cups. And with a big Thai smile of course!

For me the best lounges are the ones that are after the final security. That way I can bring beer & other drinks from the lounge. A lot of airports - like Singapore - have one more security check before boarding. Lost many beers and drinks that way! I hope the security guards drank them AFTER finishing work.

My guess is that with every good (great) thing, PP will come to an end. It will be 'reconfigured' to become useless. So enjoy it while you have it!

And as the PP goes mainstream and you get more 'value' travellers with the card, the better lounges have stopped taking PP. So I assume there will be a PP Gold coming out soon.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:38 pm

Only ever tried to use my PP access 3 times and was denied all three times. Twice at the Mera lounges in CUN and once in ATL (i think), can't remember for sure. Don't travel so much anymore and have just kind of given up on them. IME the Mera lounges typically have signs up restricting PP.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
PIT is tiny and the waitlist was 30 minutes or more when I tried to get in twice arriving and departing in September. It is very small. Finally got in but walked back out as there was no place to sit.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
I have been using PP for several years through my Amex benefits, I have yet to be declined, or a guest, or two declined. I read the information about all of the lounges that I am going to be going to on my trips though, they do a pretty good job of saying ones that have capacity, or other restrictions. I know before I go up to the desk that there is a chance I could be turned away, or asked to wait, it is what it is though, so be happy if you get in, sad if you don't, but get over it and try again a little later.

Patrick
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:21 am

Tried the Aspire Lounge at LHR T5 twice, declined once and in by the skin of my teeth the other time.

Used the lounges at WAW, BOM and BLR a couple of times each, no problem.

in 2018 had weekly use of the Escape Lounge at STN and the Aspire Lounge at AMS. Had to wait for a few minutes a couple of times at the former and just the once told no chance at the latter.

At STN when I had to wait they were genuinely rammed. That lounge does excellent business all year round selling bookings to LCC passengers seeking to escape the madness of the terminal.

At AMS I got in because my wife was already in there, and when seated found it no busier than normal. There was a new lounge manager, and they were hosting some travel executives so I think they were trying to make it look as calming and quiet as they could.

Last edited by Pjh104; Nov 14, 2018 at 1:27 am
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: Ba
Its full

I as well as few of my friends have been told lounge is full , but called PP about being refused entry and this what they told me there is limited acccess to Priority Pass members and the lounge may not be full , thats why you can book and get entry , the lounges restrict the number off PP using lounge when its busy also they make more money of pre booked entries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.