Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I find the denials at The Club locations particularly annoying as I believe they are owned by or somehow corporately affiliated with PP.
PP and The Club are both owned by the Collinson Group.

Despite the name "Priority", Priority Pass is basically a program for lounges to get $37 per head to fill excess capacity / slow times of day.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Alaska Lounge at PDX had a sign up Thursday morning indicating they were not accepting PP members. A glance inside showed it was pretty full.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:07 pm

The 4th time I was turned away at the Escape Lounge in MAN, I handed over my PP card.

The agent's attitude dramatically changed.

She followed me to the elevator. Then she had me paged at the VS gate as boarding began. I'd committed the unpardonable act of indignation.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
The 4th time I was turned away at the Escape Lounge in MAN, I handed over my PP card.

The agent's attitude dramatically changed.

She followed me to the elevator. Then she had me paged at the VS gate as boarding began. I'd committed the unpardonable act of indignation.
I'm afraid I don't quite follow this. How did the agent's attitude change? How and why would a lounge agent interfere with the boarding process at the gate? What transpired?
lost_perspicacity likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I'm afraid I don't quite follow this. How did the agent's attitude change? How and why would a lounge agent interfere with the boarding process at the gate? What transpired?
The Escape Lounge agent was determined that I not leave MAN with the PP card I left on her desk. I had told her the card was useless to me. No idea how she learned what flight I was on, since the card had never been swiped. I was paged by the VS gate agent 2 hours later.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
No idea how she learned what flight I was on, since the card had never been swiped. I was paged by the VS gate agent 2 hours later.
"Hi, is this VS check-in desk? Yeah, this is Val down at the Escape Lounge....yeah, how are you?....anyway looks like a passenger left some property here in the lounge, name of XXX/YYY, can you tell me what flight they're on, I'll take it over to their gate for them.....ok thanks! Yeah, have a good day!"
LegalTender likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I got turned away from the Escape and Aspire Lounges at MAN T1 today. To be honest, I was expecting it, and they both looked chocker.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by brp1264
They are slowing adding more. They just recently added 2 restaurants at IAH, including one right in Terminal C that is easily accessible for most United flights that are out of C/E.

You can get a Burger and Beer for under $28, so all you have to pay is the tip.

Did you manage to hit up a restaurant at PDX instead?

I had a long layover in LAX and actually walked from T7 to the International Terminal for a meal at PF Changs. Also started that day in IAH, so got free lunch at Landrys and used the PP restaurant twice in one day.
I suppose there are some benefits to having a ridiculously sardine-like crammed set of terminals next to each other. Makes up for the hour+ time it takes to drive from T1 to T4. Not.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by mgmsteven
I recently entered The Club @ ATL. I had a printed pass from Lufthansa as a business passenger. When I entered, I was directed to a blocked off section of the club, where only passengers of certain airlines were allowed. Although the main section of the lounge was crowded, there were very few pax in the reserved section. Food and beverage was comparable to the United clubs in domestic airports.
Interesting I noticed they did this at the Plumeria Lounge in HNL. But those ladies were MEAN.

After checking in, I realized I left my phone on the plane in the seat back pocket. While I was on the phone trying to call it, with my other phone, I quickly left the lounge and headed back towards my arrival gate. I noticed the lady at the front desk trying to ask me where I was going but I couldn’t waste a single second if I wanted to see my phone again.

When I walked back to the lounge with my recovered phone, the lady came over to where I was sitting and just yelled at me. That I was supposed to tell her if I was going to re-enter. Etc. meanwhile, she was so nice to the premium airline passengers in the roped off area. It was uncanny.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Never been denied entry, but upon entering some lounges I realized I'd rather have been denied because of how packed it was. At that point what's the purpose of a lounge lol
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Last Friday, at the Turkish Airline in Dulles. Had to wait til 4pm. I think there is always a rush when the other lounges kick out the PP members.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Last Friday, at the Turkish Airline in Dulles. Had to wait til 4pm. I think there is always a rush when the other lounges kick out the PP members.
Do lounges ever kick out PP members, or is it just that they are denied entry at certain times?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dhuey
Do lounges ever kick out PP members, or is it just that they are denied entry at certain times?
I have not seen them kicked out, but they do ask when your boarding time is. If it is too far out, they don't let you in.
I do think there are time limits, but I have never heard them enforced.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:50 pm

I was admitted to the FRA LuxxLounge on a 6-hour layover, and the lounge lists a 3 hour max stay. The entry attendant told me she would come find me in 3 hours if I hadn't left. When I left about 4 hours later there was a different person at the front desk, so don't know if it was an empty threat or she just went off shift and I lucked out.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
I have not seen them kicked out, but they do ask when your boarding time is. If it is too far out, they don't let you in.
I do think there are time limits, but I have never heard them enforced.
I've seen the time limits enforced rigidly, but only upon entrance. Once you're in, you can stay in is my sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.