Reload this Page >

Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access declined [Priority Pass member experiences]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:08 am

At ORD, I have never been able to get into the Air France - KLM Lounge and only got into the Swissport Lounge once.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by nwburbs
At ORD, I have never been able to get into the Air France - KLM Lounge and only got into the Swissport Lounge once.
What time of day?

I've been in the AF/KLM lounge many times with PP, usually between 12:00 and 18:00. Sometimes it's crowded, but never been denied and always found a seat.

The Swissport lounge is always EMPTY. Also what a depressing lounge -- no natural light and mediocre food/drinks. But very quiet, if that's what you're looking for. Unless I had to bury myself in my laptop, I think I would grab a snack and then head to the gate so I could look out the window.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by BOB W
PIT is tiny and the waitlist was 30 minutes or more when I tried to get in twice arriving and departing in September. It is very small. Finally got in but walked back out as there was no place to sit.
I've also been denied at PIT...seems I didn't miss out on much.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, UA Platinum, AA Gold
Just turned down x2 in IST

Forced to have a long layover (12 hours) in IST due to an international connection on a fairly uncommon route. After 11 hours in the seat I attempted to get in to the CIP Primeclass lounge with PP. the attendant started to scan, then changed her mind, indicating they were at capacity. I’m dressed in a collared shirt and presentable as usual... but she did suggest the Comfort Lounge 2.

I made the trek to Comfort Lounge 2. It was fairly subdued, definitely not a capacity issue. I was told that due to the length of the layover I had two options: go away due to their four hour limit or have her charge PP for me +2 guests to get to the 12 hours. Now my membership allows two free guests (brain farted at the moment) but I was taken aback by the negotiating, the attendant grew tired and changed her mind, saying just come back 4 hours prior to departure. I was totally cool with staying for 4 hours, getting a quick nap and some water and walking on my merry way to the next stop, and checking out with the staff to not “get one by” on them... but not today.

Generally I’ve found PP to be moderately useful so this took me aback. Now I see why folks get so heated about the inconsistencies. Understood that these folks are independent contractors, but anyone who has done contracting knows that the rules are usually pretty clear in both directions and there should be a bit more transparency in what they are from location to location.

Had I realized this would have been an issue I’d have just grabbed a transit visa and slipped in to town for dinner and come back to TAV landside for a nap.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Koweit, Continental, Delta, (AA UA, USAir, BA)
Originally Posted by chrisboote
Happens at T5 LHR all the time - I have tried to use it every almost week this year and only six times have I been allowed straight in
Curious. That long, thin Aspire lounge is almost ALWAYS very crowded. It simply doesn't seem to be big enough. But I have never been denied entry. Even with a guest. Sometimes I saw no seat availability whatsoever and people standing around eating/drinking.

Kudos to the attendants and staff, the facilities within the lounge once you have gained entry ARE always sufficient however crowded they are
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Had some issues at Art&Lounge more recently at EWR. Didn't use to be a problem. They told me to come back in 45 minutes, but I told them I was going to the much better LH lounge instead ... through security ... but that's just 10 mins vs. 45!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Denied access to the Club at ATL Friday afternoon. They said they were only allowing airline partner business class partners in and to come back in 90 minutes.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by nwburbs
I know that anecdotal experience doesn't help your situation much, but a few weeks ago I was admitted to both Swissport and AF/KLM lounges via Priority Pass. Both were early afternoon, around 1:00 - 3:00 PM. I went right from one to the other.

FWIW, the AF/KLM lounge is much nicer than Swissport!

Another tidbit is that I didn't even have a flight out of Terminal 5. I had a long layover, with my departure flight from Terminal 1. I went to Terminal 5 to see if TSA would let me in. It turned out to be no problem. I was told that I was at the wrong terminal for my flight, but when I explained that I intended to visit the lounges, I was allowed right through.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Never been denied in the US, usually denied elsewhere. (But I have Amex Platinum and usually fly Delta, so I use the Centurion Lounges and Sky Clubs when available.)
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:07 am

Actually got into lax t6 Alaska lounge two days ago. Usually denied at all alaska lounges. Same with no 1 lounge at gatwick, but you can reserve space online for a fee
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Friend was denied at Arts & Lounge yesterday at EWR. I've only been in there twice and both times there weren't many people and wasn't impressed with the it. FOrtunately at EWR I always fly Delta and the skyclub is better than the PP lounge.

I wish they would put in a PP lounge at DTW north terminal or offer a food and beverage credit.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:08 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Were the EWR Art and Lounge denials during the El Al peak period of approx. 1000-1300, ex Fri/Sat? Their menu card shows an enhanced food service during this time, with a notice that PP members are limited to the non-enhanced (snack only) menu.

Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Friends would have been weds late morning. May have been due to a lot of holiday travelers. I flew into ewr yesterday morning and Airport was dead and Starbucks in terminal b and at least one restaurant were closed and I was also denied entrance. I was told pp members can only enter if on an outbound flight. I have never been denied on an inbound flight at a lounge before. I just wanted to fill my coffee travel mug up for the train ride into nyc
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
JFK Term 7 Alaska Lounge, 630am - denied PP, even tho I was flying First (upgraded - paying gets entry). Didn't look that busy to me. T7 looked relatively quiet judging from security lines (no clear but Precheck worked fine).
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
Now, if PP went with more arrangements like they have with restaurants at DEN, PDX and a few places elsewhere then it would go from an ok deal to a great one...
They are slowing adding more. They just recently added 2 restaurants at IAH, including one right in Terminal C that is easily accessible for most United flights that are out of C/E.

You can get a Burger and Beer for under $28, so all you have to pay is the tip.

Originally Posted by CD581936
Been to PDX three times in the past year; all three times the sign denying access to PP members was in front of the entrance due to capacity constraints. Looked into the lounge on the first occasion and there were plenty of open seats. Argued w/ the receptionist who stated that it was because they were "understaffed", which I thought was odd for aam almost exclusively self service lounge.
Did you manage to hit up a restaurant at PDX instead?

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
LAX. Flying American so in Terminal 4. It is in the AM (around 10 AM) so PP website says no access to VA lounge at TBIT. The only restaurant that takes PP in TBIT is not open. So I walk in the tunnel to Terminal 6 to the Alaska Airlines lounge only to find a sign out from saying Priority Pass not admitted.

At least I got my walk in. But having PP didn't help that day.
I had a long layover in LAX and actually walked from T7 to the International Terminal for a meal at PF Changs. Also started that day in IAH, so got free lunch at Landrys and used the PP restaurant twice in one day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.