PP: access on arrival to AKL "Strata Lounge"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*

I have Priority Pass through my Amex Platinum. I will be landing in AKL at 5:35AM (on United from SFO) and wonder whether I (and one guest) can access the Strata Lounge on arrival (i.e. without an onward boarding pass). I understand that the PP rules say that one needs a departing boarding pass outside the USA, but I've also read that often PP lounges don't enforce this, so I'm wondering whether anyone has any data points on the Aukland International Strata Lounge. I also understand that this may be a bit of a long-shot.

Thanks for any advice (or speculation)
-huge
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:53 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
SPECULATION (with research): The lounge is in the International Departures area. It sounds as if AKL segregates arriving international passengers from departing passengers . If that's accurate the first problem would be gaining access to that portion of the airport.

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/in...0in%20Auckland

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/in...ional%20flight
trooper and AustralianPoochie like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
I do realise this is an older post, and no replies, but just if anyone is looking, yes, been through AKL int dep many times, the Strata Lounge is in the int dep terminal, and as an arrival pax into AKL, no arr pax can use the lounge, they scan outgoing BP so you won't have access to it, if you don't have an outgoing BP.
I paid for the entry, just to test it out this past Jul, better than the QF J lounge at AKL, the entry price is a bit steep though.
You might get entry, if you are on a transit into and out of AKL already with a BP, and not passing NZ immi.
But if you are arr, you will come into NZ one level down, where as the dep level is one level up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.