Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Possible to overnight in Air China lounge in Beijing?

Old Aug 7, 18, 12:40 am
Original Poster

I am traveling on a MileagePlus business-class award ticket that has an overnight international connection in PEK. I arrive in PEK at 2210 and depart at 0835 the next morning. Air China said I was not eligible for a transit hotel. Can I stay in the lounge overnight? Their website says the loung has sleeping areas, but it unclear whether the lounge is open all night. The website lists opening hours as "from one hour prior to the first scheduled departure (03:30) until the departure of the last flight (02:30)." That would mean it is closed from 2:30 to 3:30. LoungeBuddy says it is open all day. Does anyone have any info or experience with this?
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:05 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk. You may find this site helpful:

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/beijing.htm
Old Sep 19, 18, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

The answer to the question is yes. Here's what happened: I arrived around 11 p.m., I went to the business class lounge, and I asked if they had sleeping rooms. They said they had one left, and in exchange for my boarding pass, they brought me to the sleeping room. It consisted of a bed and table in something similar to a cube with a door. The ceiling was opened. That means that you heard noise from the lounge and terminal (the lounge itself is open-air, above the terminal), and you could not turn off the lights. So, having a blindfold is useful. No one ever kicked me out. Whether they closed the lounge at some point, I do not know. I went back to the desk after 6 a.m. and swapped the key for my boarding pass. They have six of these "sleeping rooms."
Old Jan 6, 19, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I'll try it tonight.

Typing this from Addis Ababa lounge and have an 11 hour flight to PEK soon from here, and an 8 hour layover before the CA 11 hour flight to Sydney.

We started the day 8 hours back in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe, so 44 hours to Sydney with no hotel rooms, and can use a snooze if any of those 6 sleeping rooms are free. Oddly they do not seem to be mentioned on the Star Alliance Lounge website - indeed they specifically indicate there are no sleep rooms at CA Lounges in Beijing!

Was this the Terminal 3 D gate or E gate lounge, do you recall?
Old Jan 6, 19, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

I think it was the Terminal 3 E Gate lounge, though I'm not 100% sure. Ahead of my flight, I was told the lounge was by Terminal 3, Gate E-19, and that it was closed between 2-4 a.m.