Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Plaza Premium First Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Plaza Premium First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Chris Blunt
It was available when I used the lounge at the end of November last year.

There were very few people in the lounge when I visited, so I'd be surprised if they had withdrawn the deal since then.
I was there a few weeks ago---same deal. Also of note: I have dual access (Priority Pass and Amex Plat) both had the same offer.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I was there a few weeks ago---same deal. Also of note: I have dual access (Priority Pass and Amex Plat) both had the same offer.
Did you have to go to the (regular) Plaza Premium initially to swipe your card?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:05 pm

There were very few people in the lounge when I visited, so I'd be surprised if they had withdrawn the deal since then.
This is a huge positive imo. A lot of PP-accessible lounges are so crowded these days that it truly takes away from the experience.

HKD 200 for many travelers of FT is likely a drop in the bucket and the added value proposition of quietness and low crowds + better food/drinks seems like a great deal to me.

It's a bit more difficult justification if you do have to pay the full price though.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Very good to hear. Hopefully this deal stays alive for a while!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: CX MPC
Originally Posted by exactlyaron
I didn't. They scanned my card and took HK$200 payment at the front desk of the Plaza Premium First lounge.

Originally Posted by ginmqi
This is a huge positive imo. A lot of PP-accessible lounges are so crowded these days that it truly takes away from the experience.
I agree. A lounge can be a nice retreat from noise and crowds in some airports, but a crowded lounge is often just as unpleasant. Depending on the airport, you can be better off parking yourself in a bar or restaurant while you're waiting for a flight rather than use a lounge that's full. There are plenty of good choices in Hong Kong.

I like the way Priority Pass are starting to give you the option of using outlets other than lounges in some airports. For example at London Gatwick you can use the Grain Store and get a £15 credit towards food and drink instead of a lounge.
exactlyaron and ginmqi like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:18 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
I didn't. They scanned my card and took HK$200 payment at the front desk of the Plaza Premium First lounge.
Okay thanks for the info.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by exactlyaron
I do not believe so. Knowing about the PP promotion, and that Amex has a separate Plaza Premium deal, figured it was worth asking if I could enter for free with just an Amex Plat. They then gave the offer.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
...Many airport lounges say you're officially limited to 3 hours, although I've never seen that actually being enforced. Also, there doesn't seem to be any mechanism in place for keeping track of how long you've been there.

If they are close to being full upon entry, the lounge agent would look at the "boarding time" printed on your boarding pass. If your "boarding time" is more than 3 hours away, they will deny entry and tell you to come back later. However, if the lounge is empty enough, this is not usually enforced.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:40 am

Just to follow up on my post from a few days ago. I tried to use the Plaza Premium First Lounge a few minutes ago and was told the additional charge for Priority Pass members has now increased to HK$300. They asked about my departing flight, which was four hours away, and I was told that the maximum stay allowed was two hours. I would have needed use of the lounge for at least three or three and a half hours and if I wanted to stay longer than that they said I would be asked to pay again. I don't know if they would actually have enforced that and come looking for me if I stayed longer, but I wasn't going to take a chance.

I know from previous experience that it's nice there, but HK$600 to stay for just over three hours wasn't worth it for me. I declined and am now in The American Express Centurion Lounge, drinking Mumm Cordon Rouge, which has cost me nothing!

Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:23 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
That’s quite lame re the 2 hour limit considering the cheapest normal entry is for 3 hours ($880).
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Haven't been flying for a while... :(
Is that access fee (200 or 300 HKD, whatever it is) per person, or per visiting group? I could swallow 300 HKD on top of Amex Plat, but not 1200 for a family of four.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by lavalyn
Is that access fee (200 or 300 HKD, whatever it is) per person, or per visiting group? I could swallow 300 HKD on top of Amex Plat, but not 1200 for a family of four.
Per person.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Hi - upgrade cost is now 250 HKD for priority pass members - just went there today
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:43 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
https://onemileatatime.com/plaza-pre...lounge-review/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.