Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

MSP - Best Lounge options

MSP - Best Lounge options

Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by dhuey

Unless one really wants to use the virtual driving range at PGA, it’s not close IMO. Escape is way better.
Which the $15 credit isn't even enough to cover unfortunately...
In2ishn likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
PSA - the United Club at MSP will be closed from June 17-20 for renovations.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just noticed today that the PGA lounge has a The Club (like the one in ATL F) sign on its door.
ck8, IndyHoosier and DrAlex like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:06 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just noticed today that the PGA lounge has a The Club (like the one in ATL F) sign on its door.

I wonder what that is all about? I flew to DUB on the 13th and used my voucher at the bar to the right of the check-in desk. Did not notice any new signage. Heading to ORF on Thursday so will check it out. I think it would be a better option if the PGA transitioned to The Club.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by ck8
I wonder what that is all about? I flew to DUB on the 13th and used my voucher at the bar to the right of the check-in desk. Did not notice any new signage. Heading to ORF on Thursday so will check it out. I think it would be a better option if the PGA transitioned to The Club.
Probably related to the new Amex rules against using the credits at non-lounge experiences.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by hi55us
Probably related to the new Amex rules against using the credits at non-lounge experiences.
Could be. It’s the only PP option at MSP. Utilization must have been off the charts. I saw a line going down the stairs for entry once. The next door Escape Lounge is a great alternative if you have the Amex Platinum.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey
It’s the only PP option at MSP. Utilization must have been off the charts. I saw a line going down the stairs for entry once.
I've been there 20+ times and never had more than two people in front of me.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:11 pm

Any updates on where else the PGA F&B voucher can be used? I'll be flying through MSP in November.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by ywlke
Any updates on where else the PGA F&B voucher can be used? I'll be flying through MSP in November.
I'm wondering the same. I loved just going up, getting the voucher, and then picking up some water and snacks at French Meadow so I'm hoping they've done something to recover from that loss.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
When I was through there on 20 Aug, a wall had been put up to start the construction below the lounge. There was a graphic with People's Organic on it, so I guess that's what's going on? Interesting since there's another People's Organic down in F as well. In other news, LeAnn Chin is now open - two words: Shrimp Toast.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Any updates on PGA lounge? Going through on Sat and wouldn't mind picking up a quick bite at Ikes there, but seems to be closed if I am correct (or was)? Anyone know if its up and running again? Google reviews say they had some crummy cold sandwiches only out

thanks
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A couple weeks ago it looked like the PGA lounge was open (I saw people when I looked in through the PGA's glass emergency exit door next to the entrance to the Escape lounge). There seemed to be construction around Ike's but I think the elevator and stairs to PGA were accessible. (Note that you cannot enter PGA from the Escape lounge elevator and stairs, nor (unlike Escape) from any of the mezzanine walkways that are open to the public.)
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Do you know if Ikes was open? Really just looking to grab breakfast
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:50 am

IIRC Ike's is leaving MSP airport permanently and something else is getting their space. [You might try to search for a thread on merchant F&B changes at MSP in the DL forum. Surdyk's is gone too.]

If you're not looking for a hot breakfast, I'd aim for Caribou (local version of Peet's or Starbucks) or French Meadow (in the main concourse but more in the center than where Ike's was) if they're still at MSP for good pastry. A more ambitious idea would be to head for the restaurant in the new IC hotel in T1, which IIRC still has a TSA checkpoint to get back into the terminal open until about 10 am (but be sure to check since otherwise you'd be at the mercy of their airport shuttle bus and the regular checkpoints, which could be OK if you have CLEAR and PreCheck).

ADDED: Today it was announced that the TSA checkpoint at the IC hotel is now closed. Now one must allow lots and lots of time between the hotel and T1 (or T2) as the hotel's shuttle bus or other vehicle is required. AFAIK one cannot walk from the hotel to the terminal or to the light rail station.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 18, 2019 at 5:23 pm
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
I think French Meadow is gone - the place was under construction in August when I was through last. And, the construction wall said People's Organic, so perhaps that's up next. They have good breakfast options if already open. From what I heard at the PGA lounge this summer, once the restaurants open below them, they'll have more options once again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.