Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP - Best Lounge options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I use the Escape when not flying DL or at times even when flying DL, but that’s not PP.
The last couple of times I've been through there, the Delta Club has been a complete zoo!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The last couple of times I've been through there, the Delta Club has been a complete zoo!
The UA lounge at MSP is ok and rarely (if ever) is a zoo, but the food service is better at the Escape. So whether I am flying DL/SkyTeam out of MSP or UA or AA out of MSP, I’m at Escape most often .... and quite a bit as a lounge hopper at MSP.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by philemer
A Yelp reviewer recently wrote that they have opened a new kitchen and that the "breakfast tacos were awesome"

Anyone know what restaurants will accept the $15 credit?
There’s a restaurant in the shop side of the lounge now. Food is acceptable considering most customers are there through PP.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rdh0924
There’s a restaurant in the shop side of the lounge now. Food is acceptable considering most customers are there through PP.
Is it open now? Anything you can grab for under $15 worth stopping in for?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I haven't flown since March, so I'm not sure if it's open. But there's a good number of options within $15 that make it worth stopping in - assuming it's open.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
My Google Fu says "temporarily closed" though I wouldn't take that as gospel. I never thought the food there was that good, I usually hiked those steps just to grab the $15 food voucher and use it downstairs at French Meadow, which I think is permanently closed. The reuben they served there was money.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Sep 28, 2020 at 6:10 am
Old Oct 28, 2020, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
According to the airport, Escape (AmEx) is still closed but PGA (PP) is open now. In addition the DL SC at F/G is open but the C lounge is closed. I don't know about the UA lounge also in T1, but would assume it's closed due to COVID-19.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:25 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood/Marriott Gold, AA, DL
Leaving this weekend on Delta out of MSP. Any new updates to any of the clubs being opened and current offerings/ amenities inside each one?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by awinner
Leaving this weekend on Delta out of MSP. Any new updates to any of the clubs being opened and current offerings/ amenities inside each one?
You can look up what's open with a quick google. The Delta sub-forum has some extensive discussion of what's being provided in the SkyClubs, search for MSP: Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19 From my personal experience they're providing enough calories to avoid going hungry, but it's hardly food one would seek out.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by awinner
Unfortunately the Escape Lounge has not reopened yet. It's very nice -- one of the best domestic lounges in the U.S., I say.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Escape at MSP is my preferred lounge at MSP, and I am hoping it opens up again this summer. I prefer it to the airline lounges at MSP.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:50 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Escape at MSP is my preferred lounge at MSP, and I am hoping it opens up again this summer. I prefer it to the airline lounges at MSP.
Have an upcoming trip and just checked their website and still says closed. You have to wonder what their business model is at this point with them continuing to be shut down. Not sure who the parent company is, but can't imagine they would be living off PPP money at this point still. This was my favorite club before it went AmEx exclusive and was hoping to check it out since.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ck8
.... Not sure who the parent company is,.
Manchester Airlines Group

https://www.magairports.com/about-us...ate-structure/
ck8 likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 5:31 pm
ck8

So Governor is lifting most COVID restrictions by end of month and mask mandate NLT 1 July (obviously MSP is under a different jurisdiction). You would think this would be the green light for Escape Club to re-open.
Old May 13, 2021, 6:06 pm
ck8

A remodeled MSP Escape will apparently re-open in August:

https://thriftytraveler.com/news/air...kzHesXhpd5Sukw
dhuey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.