Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OAK Escape Lounge w/o Plat Amex?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

OAK Escape Lounge w/o Plat Amex?

has anyone had any luck getting into the Oakland Escape Lounge without their actual Platinum Amex Card in hand?

Wondering if they will let you in if they can verify you - call Plat Amex concierge or you have the Amex # but just not the physical card??

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I can’t answer the question, but I’ll be very surprised if anyone reports getting into any lounge based on their Plat card account, but without the Plat card in hand. With one exception: Centurion Lounges, which are staffed by Amex employees who have access to Amex account info.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
They'll probably need to swipe the card like the Priority Lounges do, as well as check to see that the name on the BP matches the name of the C/C holder.......so I am going to say no.

Didn't know AMEX kounges had that ability though.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by KDS777
Didn't know AMEX kounges had that ability though.
Once while I was having trouble finding my Plat card, an agent at SFO Centurion told me she could look it up with my ID if necessary.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
So I commute between OAK-RNO. The staff at both lounges know me (on a first name basis), and on the rare occasion when drinking I tip well. For what it is worth they don't seem to look too carefully at my Amex Plat.

My sense is that Escape has an agreement with Amex that is $x/year versus $y/visitor. Can anyone confirm?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
So I commute between OAK-RNO. The staff at both lounges know me (on a first name basis), and on the rare occasion when drinking I tip well. For what it is worth they don't seem to look too carefully at my Amex Plat.

My sense is that Escape has an agreement with Amex that is $x/year versus $y/visitor. Can anyone confirm?
I think that was a temporary situation until they got proper systems up and running; they did start swiping relatively recently.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
bump- reopen as of NOW !
https://escapelounges.com/us/locations/oakland/

Any FT visitors recently ?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Just to update, it is open and I have been visit few times ... decent (just OK ) foods, booze is ok .

I hope the food improves soon but other than that, nothing special.

CC-
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I would think they want the card, and usually your BP too. I would think both Amex and Escape want to ensure people are not lending their cards to friends/family who are traveling. Really no reason not to carry it unless you are a brand new member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.