Reload this Page >

Zurich Priority Pass Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich Priority Pass Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Does anyone have actual experience (positive or negative) trying to get into a ZRH priority pass lounge on arrival? The descriptions at prioritypass.com do not specify in most cases that pax must be departing or transiting.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jellybeansf
I will be arriving at ZRH from San Francisco, and transferring to a Swiss Air flight to Athens. Will I be able to use the Priority Pass lounges in terminal E, since I am arriving from a non-Schenegen country? Alternatively, will I have to go through passport control right after I arrive? If that is the case, which Priority Pass lounge would you recommend?
Originally Posted by oonchie
I have exactly the same question, except I will be transitting from SFO -> Zurich -> Rome. Will passing through passport control in terminal E drop me into the general area of terminal E to visit this lounge? Thank you in advance!
Flights from the US usually arrive in E on the (clean) departure level. I have no experience of visiting a Priority Pass Lounge in E but you should be able to visit a lounge without having to clear passport control or security. If you are connecting to Schengen destinations such as Athens and Rome, you go through passport control when you arrive in the main terminal (A) after a Skymetro ride.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:06 am

Confirmed

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Flights from the US usually arrive in E on the (clean) departure level. I have no experience of visiting a Priority Pass Lounge in E but you should be able to visit a lounge without having to clear passport control or security. If you are connecting to Schengen destinations such as Athens and Rome, you go through passport control when you arrive in the main terminal (A) after a Skymetro ride.
Your reply above is correct.

For those coming from the USA you will land in Concourse E - which is separate from the rest the airport. This is a non-Schengen side. After I deplaned from my Swiss air flight from the USA, you are able and can freely wander the E concourse without going through passport control (passport control is only AFTER you get out of Concourse E and go to the other concourses AFTER the train ride out of Concourse E).

I was able to freely wander in Concourse E. I was able to use the Primeclass Lounge no problems while transiting from Concourse E to A (Schengen) flight. Lounge was wide open, spacious, and essentially empty. Food choices was salad and 3 warm plates (Rice, curry, can't remember). Plenty to drink.

I hope others find this useful in your travels.
Zeeb likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I was able to freely wander in Concourse E. I was able to use the Primeclass Lounge no problems while transiting from Concourse E to A (Schengen) flight. Lounge was wide open, spacious, and essentially empty.
This is only for transiting pax, though, right? I'm completing my trip at Zurich and while I might physically pass by a PP, I'm wondering if they'll let me in w/out an ongoing leg. Many PP lounges state on the PP site that they only allow "departing" (and therefore transiting) pax, but the ZRH ones don't have any statement about that. I know most assume we can NOT use them on arrival, but some do allow this. And we have a train ride from the airport for a few hours so would love to freshen up and get some breakfast.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:54 pm

I just visited the Primeclass Lounge at Concourse E using my Priority Pass. I was connecting from LX to AC. The Lounge was very nice, good food and drink selections except the 3 hours rule was strictly enforce. My AC flight was delayed. The Lounge was not full, less than half and the lounge dragon asked us to leave because the 3 hours limit is up! So I walked over to the LX lounge to wait.

Last edited by Clipper801; Apr 21, 2019 at 11:54 am
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:23 am

For those coming from the USA you will land in Concourse E - which is separate from the rest the airport. This is a non-Schengen side. After I deplaned from my Swiss air flight from the USA, you are able and can freely wander the E concourse without going through passport control (passport control is only AFTER you get out of Concourse E and go to the other concourses AFTER the train ride out of Concourse E).

I was able to freely wander in Concourse E. I was able to use the Primeclass Lounge no problems while transiting from Concourse E to A (Schengen) flight. Lounge was wide open, spacious, and essentially empty. Food choices was salad and 3 warm plates (Rice, curry, can't remember). Plenty to drink.

Super helpful, thank you. I am arriving from LAX, on Swiss Air, I have a connecting flight 3 hours later, I'm assuming arrive Concourse E, hit up a lounge in E, and take transport to whichever gate that connects me to the next destination (Nice).

How much time would you allot to go through passport control / gate from concourse e? I have no overhead bags, so don't mind getting on last.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
This is only for transiting pax, though, right? I'm completing my trip at Zurich and while I might physically pass by a PP, I'm wondering if they'll let me in w/out an ongoing leg. Many PP lounges state on the PP site that they only allow "departing" (and therefore transiting) pax, but the ZRH ones don't have any statement about that. I know most assume we can NOT use them on arrival, but some do allow this. And we have a train ride from the airport for a few hours so would love to freshen up and get some breakfast.
Stgermainparis, I wonder if you tried to access the lounge and what the outcome was? I will be travelling with young children and it will be good to have a shower and something to eat before we get out of the airport and continue our journey.
I also wonder what will be happening with our luggage as we won't be picking it up in time.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by andrewa1
Stgermainparis, I wonder if you tried to access the lounge and what the outcome was? I will be travelling with young children and it will be good to have a shower and something to eat before we get out of the airport and continue our journey.
I also wonder what will be happening with our luggage as we won't be picking it up in time.
I didn’t bother trying. Sorry can’t help.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:13 pm

Thank you, this was extremely helpful!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:20 am

I recently visited the Dnata Lounge there an absolut nightmare in every aspect. Furthermore they are sharing bathrooms with the adjacent lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I'm in the aspire lounge. No hot food between 2pm and 4pm.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Primeclass lounge was top notch, largely due to the views from the terrace. I accessed via Delta One boarding pass

Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec

Thanks! That is very useful info since I'll be in a similar situation in a few months, coming off a United flight that lands in E and then connecting onward a few hours later to a Shengen flight on Swiss so it sounds like I should have access to the showers in the Primeclass lounge. Anyone have any experience about how full the airport is at 8AM on a Sunday? Wondering whether or not it is a busy time that might lead to being rejected due to a full lounge.

Or alternately, would those who have experienced both recommend instead going to the Swiss Lounge in D? That looks like the other shower option.

Last edited by Zeeb; Jan 27, 2020 at 4:03 pm
Old Oct 13, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan Basic; BA Executive Club Blue;
Recent Experiences in ZRH-E

Hello;

I'm travelling through Zurich and have a choice on the E-Pier of the Aspire or the Primeclass Lounge. Was wondering if anyone had any opinions on which one to spend a 2.5 hr layover in.

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
In Primeclass ZRH now. This is a Very nice lounge. Great views with floor to ceiling windows. Places to sit outside, but it’s raining. Bench seats watching the giant screen TV on quiet. The power outlets hold my adapter nicely with out it being loose. Every AC I have been in recently has had the plague of loose plugs. Very good breakfast buffet with eggs, tasty sausage (Swiss), cheese and turkey/chicken slices. Of course self serve adult beverages along with the usual coffee etc. Quiet. NOT busy at all. I have not been to Aspire but hard to imagine it’s better. It also says it is PP, but we got in on OW Sapphire in J. Funny, we had a couple from the US stop us at the elevator and tell us all the lounges were closed for renovations. Umm… nope. 2 hours here. Recommended, at least in the morning. AA ZRH TO PHL.
MaineMangoMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.