Airspace Lounge @ San Diego

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Information:
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/usa/san-diego-ca-intl/san10-airspace-lounge
Open 5:30am - 1pm

Means of admission:
  • AMEX Plat with two guests. PLAT holder and each guest is given a $10 credit (via airspace debit card that expires at midnight) to use for food or top-shelf drinks.
  • AA Admirals Club
  • Priority Pass
  • Cash

Once in the door, the AMEX PLAT check-in is third line, AA/others check-in at first two lines. Public welcome for $25

Menu as of April 2018: http://imgur.com/a/iYlXfw4
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
No Priority Pass, but if you have American Express Platinum you can use the Airspace Lounge:

SAN | Airspace Lounge
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Originally Posted by mia
No Priority Pass, but if you have American Express Platinum you can use the Airspace Lounge:

SAN | Airspace Lounge
Thank you and I do! Do they have to be US-issued?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
I just did a quick search on this lounge and it says it's only for Terminal 2 passengers. My flight will depart out of T1. With that in mind:
  • Am I allowed to enter the lounge even though my flight is departing out of T1?
  • Will they allow me through T2 security with a boarding pass slated for T1?
  • Does this mean I have to go through T2 security for the lounge then again T1 security for my flight? Pretty sure the answer here is a resounding YES.
Thanks, folks.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The primary thread for this lounge is here:

...and there is some discussion of accessing this lounge when flying from the other terminal.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
There was some discussion a while back about a new PP lounge being built but I haven't heard anything recently about it:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...ounge-san.html

Unfortunately, it would also be in T2, so it would still be of limited usefulness for WN, etc. passengers.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JCFans
Are there none? Can't find anything on the list. Thanks.
I have takent the liberty of merging your thread (thanks by the way) into the existing thread since there are some really good links and datapoints in it.

CWS/mod
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
WIth UA recently banning UC cardholders who don't have flight on UA/*A, I had my first opportunity to use the Airspace Lounge.

The entrance was (un)staffed at two of the three podiums. The AA attendant summonded the Airspace employee, who checked us (Cardholder and guest) in with our Amex Plat. (Don't recall it being swiped). There was no dedicated Airspace employee to staff the podium and the same employee did ordering/maintenance chores.

The lounge was uncrowed at 0730. Free breakfast items were limited to minimuffins, mini bagels, and packets of dehydrated oatmeal. Of course, snack mix was available. There were plenty of options from the pay menu, and we used our $20 credit on a wrap, egg mcmuffin thing, and smoothie. Upon sitting down, we found another "credit" card, which was fully populated with $10 credit. We purchased another wrap, and left the lounge with thanks to the sated benefactor who left the card.

Not a bad experience for a domestic lounge, and a definite benefit of the Amex Plat. [N.B.: With Priority Pass being used at the Plumeria Club at our original depature in HNL, we did get full benefit from credit card lounge access ]

Last edited by 747FC; Nov 18, 2019 at 12:24 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:51 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by 747FC
<snip>. There were plenty of options from the pay menu, and we used our $20 credit on a wrap, egg mcmuffin thing, and smoothie. Upon sitting down, we found another "credit" card, which was fully populated with $10 credit. We purchased another wrap, and left the lounge with thanks to the sated benefactor who left the card.

Not a bad experience for a domestic lounge, and a definate benefit of the Amex Plat. [N.B.: With Priority Pass being used at the Plumeria Club at our original depature in HNL, we did get full benefit from credit card lounge access ]
I "found" a fully loaded card last time I was there. Some kind person placed it near the newspaper rack. It was such an odd place for a card that I suspected correctly that it was left by an unknown benefactor for a lucky patron. Thanks to them for paying it forward!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:40 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Arriving on AS at (I suppose) around T2 gate 20.... How long of a walk is it to the lounge? Do you have to re-clear security?

I cannot tell from the online SAN maps.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Arriving on AS at (I suppose) around T2 gate 20.... How long of a walk is it to the lounge? Do you have to re-clear security?

I cannot tell from the online SAN maps.
Not that long of a walk, all gates are behind security

Last edited by theranj; Nov 17, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Assuming it's a domestic or pre-cleared flight, it's about 10 minutes or so, no need to reclear security unless you accidentally exit the secure area (e.g., when walking from the high gates one might accidentally follow the curved path around the fountain to the exit).

Originally Posted by theranj
Not that long of a walk, all terminals are behind security
I think you mean all gates. As far as I know you can't get between the terminals without exiting and reclearing security.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism

I think you mean all gates. As far as I know you can't get between the terminals without exiting and reclearing security.
Yup, edited...thanks for catching that
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Can one use this as an arrival lounge? Curious as I'm about to take off on AS EWR-SAN.

Entry would be via AMEX Plat.

Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by beckoa
Can one use this as an arrival lounge? Curious as I'm about to take off on AS EWR-SAN.

Entry would be via AMEX Plat.

Thanks.
I believe it will be nearly closed by time you arrive.

SAN | Airspace Lounge
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by 747FC
I believe it will be nearly closed by time you arrive.

SAN | Airspace Lounge
Made it in no problem. Flight was early

Didn't blink an eye when I gave them my paper boarding pass.

Got two wraps to go and enjoyed them in the room.
StartinSanDiego and 747FC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.