Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Restaurant Added: JFK -- Bobby Van's Steakhouse

Old Mar 31, 18, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Wyndham DM, Bonvoy Gold, National Exec, Hertz Gold

FYI --

Bobby Van's Steakhouse at JFK is now a Priority Pass network restaurant, allowing card holders to get $28 off their bill for each visit.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ai...ng-option-jfk/
Old Apr 1, 18, 4:59 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
BOBBY VAN'S STEAKHOUSE
New York NY JFK International (Terminal 8)

Opening Hours
06:00 - 22:00 daily. Bobby Van's Grill brings the same high-quality steakhouse and grill fare of other Bobby Van's establishments featuring Dry Aged Steaks, a well-stocked bar, and elegant decor that will help guests forget they are at the airport. Cardholders can register a maximum of one Guest. All Cardholders and guests are required to show a Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel.

Airside - after Security, turn right and Bobby Van’s Steakhouse is located opposite Gate 14. Please note that the restaurant may exceed their seating limit at certain times of the day & access to the restaurant is at their sole discretion.

Conditions
1. Cardholders can use their lounge visit entitlement to receive US$28 off the bill. Each US$28 deduction represents a single lounge visit within the Cardholder’s existing lounge visit allocation for which the Cardholder will, where applicable, be charged. E.g. if a Cardholder registers 1 Guest they will receive US$56 off their bill which will be charged as 1 Cardholder visit + 1 Guest visit on their account. Only 1 membership card per visit per Cardholder will be accepted at point of entry.

Additional Information
2. The US$28 is valid for purchase of any meal and/or drinks. To be eligible, Cardholders must present a valid card before placing an order. 3. US$28 is non-transferable & cannot be exchanged for cash substitute or refund if the final bill is lower than US$28 per person. 4. Cardholder is responsible for balance if total final bill exceeds US$28 per person. Any remaining balance cannot be used towards gratuity.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...7-6fc0e48f80ac
Old Apr 4, 18, 8:05 am

No issues with it so far. They require you to show the card when seated prior to ordering.

Food has been good once, mediocre the other 2 times but still better than a typical lounge. If you can get the Admirals club wifi, you can pick it up here and it's better than the JFK boingo network.

If you're under the $28, they aren't able to print a receipt. In those cases, I just tip in cash.
Jagger3939 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 18, 3:39 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
This seems like a great idea to get a solid meal in before heading up to the Flagship Lounge.
Old Apr 5, 18, 5:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
It's probably worth noting for those unfamiliar with JFK, that none of the terminals are connected airside, so if you're leaving from somewhere other than T-8, getting there is likely to be a pain, or not possible.
Old Apr 5, 18, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I used it about a week after it joined Priority Pass and each of the three people I dealt with seemed to have a different idea of how much credit my wife and I (both PP members) could get. One guy said we could get $28 each and then guest eachother for $112 One person said it didn't matter that we both had PP we'd only get $28 regardless, someone else thought we'd each get $28. We only wanted a sample of things as we were heading to the Flagship Lounge so it was well within the limit we each had.

The one waitress whose job it was to deal with the to-go orders made everything a complete hassle so on subsequent visits we've passed it up in lieu of eating in the Flagship Lounge.
Old Apr 6, 18, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
The one waitress whose job it was to deal with the to-go orders made everything a complete hassle so on subsequent visits we've passed it up in lieu of eating in the Flagship Lounge.
Do they allow the credit to be used for to-go orders? I always assumed it was dine-in only. Most of their food wouldn't carry well but a salad could be decent to carry on to the flight
Old Apr 6, 18, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ne52 View Post
Do they allow the credit to be used for to-go orders?
If it's not then it wasn't mentioned to me and given how much of a PITA this waitress was I'm sure it would have come up!
Old May 8, 18, 10:27 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
How long does it usually take for the food to arrive? Is it more like 15-20 min or 30-40 min?
Old May 8, 18, 10:41 am

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
Originally Posted by ne52 View Post
Do they allow the credit to be used for to-go orders? I always assumed it was dine-in only. Most of their food wouldn't carry well but a salad could be decent to carry on to the flight
They do. The crab cakes carry quite well.
Old May 10, 18, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Akkku View Post
How long does it usually take for the food to arrive? Is it more like 15-20 min or 30-40 min?
My selection of appetizers was about 15mins.
Old May 11, 18, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
My selection of appetizers was about 15mins.

Since it seems you can use the credit on to-go orders, do you tip?
Old May 12, 18, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nas6034 View Post
Since it seems you can use the credit on to-go orders, do you tip?
Yes, I think I gave $3 or $4. Which to be honest I was slightly pained to do given the attitude referenced in my initial post in this thread.
Old May 27, 18, 5:54 am

Is this benefit available with Priority Pass Select?
Old Jun 13, 18, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
If you're by yourself can you guest yourself and get 56 dollars in credit?

Search this Thread