Reload this Page >

Phoenix Sky Harbor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phoenix Sky Harbor

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by NationalChamps2015
I hear ya. Am interested in checking it out though. I'm flying out on a Sunday and don't have a ton else going on, will try it out since I don't normally fly out of terminal 4.
Fair enough, just wanted to temper expectations
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Recently visited this lounge before the thanksgiving travel week. Warning to anyone, the lounge become a British Airways only lounge at 3:30 local time. This happened the day I arrived at the lounge. I stood in line to check in at 3:15, and by the time I got to the front, two minute past 3:30 the desk said they wouldn't allow me to enter because it was after 3:30. I kindly told them I had been standing in line, and they made my wife and I the last Priority Pass members to enter. Other people who were waiting behind me were furious.

Apparently they shut down half the club for renovation. I talked with the bartender who said he had been told the renovation would take 6 months, but he expected more like a year.

Anyway, food was below average. Soup, sandwiches, hummus, pita, pasta salad. But the drinks and bartender were good.

Note to anyone not departing from terminal 4. You can enter terminal 4 security with any boarding pass at PHX. The TSA agent asked me why I was going through security at terminal 4 instead of 3, and I simply explained I wanted to check out the lounge, and he said okay no problem. Security is usually pretty quick, never took longer than 5 minutes to get through it at any terminal at PHX. The Sky Train will get you pretty easily to terminal 3, but you'll have to exit and reenter security.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by NationalChamps2015
Recently visited this lounge before the thanksgiving travel week. Warning to anyone, the lounge become a British Airways only lounge at 3:30 local time. This happened the day I arrived at the lounge. I stood in line to check in at 3:15, and by the time I got to the front, two minute past 3:30 the desk said they wouldn't allow me to enter because it was after 3:30. I kindly told them I had been standing in line, and they made my wife and I the last Priority Pass members to enter. Other people who were waiting behind me were furious.

Apparently they shut down half the club for renovation. I talked with the bartender who said he had been told the renovation would take 6 months, but he expected more like a year.

Anyway, food was below average. Soup, sandwiches, hummus, pita, pasta salad. But the drinks and bartender were good.

Note to anyone not departing from terminal 4. You can enter terminal 4 security with any boarding pass at PHX. The TSA agent asked me why I was going through security at terminal 4 instead of 3, and I simply explained I wanted to check out the lounge, and he said okay no problem. Security is usually pretty quick, never took longer than 5 minutes to get through it at any terminal at PHX. The Sky Train will get you pretty easily to terminal 3, but you'll have to exit and reenter security.
That's interesting, thank you for posting your results because a few months ago PP's website had removed the 3:30pm limitation and now I see it has returned. I guess due to the renovations you mention, or some other capacity reason. Crazy too that half that tiny club was closed because it already felt barely large enough for BA's evening flight(s).
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Last time I visited (Nov 7), the club had two rooms. The larger (and looked nicer) room was BA only after 3:30. The smaller room was open to PP all day. As it was after 3:30 I was allowed in the small room. It quickly filled up and had quite the queue. Presumably they're now renovating the smaller room.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:27 am

If the smaller room (without the windows) is closed for renovations, where have they staged the food buffet and drink fridges? I have no nearterm plans to be in T4 so I'm trying to picture it
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP, Bonvoy Gold Elite
AA Clubs are okay in PHX, choose The Club if you have access, it's better but I wouldn't pay for it.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:09 pm

The drink fridges are in the room, behind the bar. The "food buffet" and I use that term loosely, is in the room with the bar.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:22 pm

So, I've never used the "Club at PHX" when flying Southwest before. I know from the Club to gate A5 is about 15 minutes of my walking speed, how about to C gates? Or worse, the D gates? Is it faster to re-clear security (TSAPre) than walk around?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:06 pm

Gate C or D shouldn't take you much longer. There's no reason to have to clear and re-enter security as it won't save you much, it any time walking/distance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.