Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG airport lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So I broke my word and I returned to Yotel in 2E yesterday even though I said I'd not waste my time going back there. But in that I discovered a way around their meager food offerings thanks the large group sitting behind me. It seems they just self catered a bunch of heartier food and used their laughable €10 voucher on wine splits. Honestly I think you could self cater your own wine/beer as long as its a reasonable amount and they wouldn't care or notice given how disinterested the staff are, and since you don't have to go through any security check in between getting to the airport and Yotel, no liquids restrictions. May try that next time if I haven't achieved my next status level up which will finally grant me access to the creme de la creme of lounges, the AF lair.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:39 pm

Cdg 2e -> 2a

Hi all,

First time poster so bear with me. I have a connection at CDG (never transited there before) both flights being at 2E, about 2h30 connection time. My only hope for any lounge is via Amex Platinum (so either Priority Pass or one of the additional lounges they have a deal with). I see there is the Yotel in 2E that gets poor feedback, can I go to 2A to use the Air Canada lounge on this connection, or am I stuck with the Yotel? Or have I missed another lounge that could work for me?

Thanks in advance for responses.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:50 am

CDG Terminal 2E

I flew through CDG 2E for the Middle East.

It was my first time flying through CDG, I was flying economy, and I do have Priority Pass as well. I'm afraid I didn't use the Yotel in Terminal 2E. I did very briefly consider hopping to another terminal for a lounge, but I didn't chance it incase I had delays getting back to Terminal 2E. I didn't bother with the Yotel because of the same poor reviews.

Terminal 2E reallly needs to have a lounge, they have plenty of space to put a lounge in.

So I popped by a shop, and picked up juice and a snack to eat. There are a couple of coffee/bagutte type places to sit down and eat, but these were busy.

I made do with sitting one of the many rows of hard seats that have French plug sockets in the terminal, to attempt to charge my phone. It really is a lucky dip in finding a seat with a plug socket that works. I moved about 3 times until I found 1 that works.

To the right of this large long terminal concourse are the usual shops.

I'm sorry I can't answer the specific question on the lounges, but I hope this helps.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by shallowdrift
Hi all,

First time poster so bear with me. I have a connection at CDG (never transited there before) both flights being at 2E, about 2h30 connection time. My only hope for any lounge is via Amex Platinum (so either Priority Pass or one of the additional lounges they have a deal with). I see there is the Yotel in 2E that gets poor feedback, can I go to 2A to use the Air Canada lounge on this connection, or am I stuck with the Yotel? Or have I missed another lounge that could work for me?

Thanks in advance for responses.
no, you won’t be able to go to 2A. You have to stay in 2E.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@shallowdrift
As per above...

2A airside is segregated and you'd need a proper departing boarding pass for the AC MLL (*G or AC J) and have to exit Schengen (passport control) there to gain access to 2A airside.

So basically, not a chance.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:42 am

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the info.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Do not have too much regret. 2h30 will pass very quickly considering time to disembark, go through security and knowing that your connecting flight will board 30 min before departure if medium-haul or 45-60 min before if long-haul. There not much time left for moving around terminals for lounge hopping.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:00 pm

An update

I couldn't test the original theory on the way out as a friend happened to be also passing through CDG at the same time and could get me into the AF lounge in 2E. Interestingly I was able to enter the L hall in 2E to access the lounge despite my flight leaving from K.

On my way back my flight into CDG was a bit early and the situation on the way out made me think. The AC lounge doesn't take PP at the time I was connecting. So I decided to experiment elsewhere.

To cut a long story short, it is possible to access the Star Alliance lounge in Terminal 1 while transiting between two 2E flights. I am currently on a shuttle bus back to 2E (the only person on said bus) having cleared security in a strange small part of T1 with no queues. Time disembarking aircraft to T1 lounge about 50 mins. Will let you know how long it takes to get back to 2E K gates once the driver decides to get on with it...

I suspect based on this that I would in fact have been able to access the AC lounge in the original scenario.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:40 pm

So it was one hour from leaving the lounge to 2E K gates - had to change to a different bus. Could be quicker exiting fully if possible and catching the shuttle train to 2E, will investigate next time if the opportunity presents itself.
Giantlonglegs likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:49 pm

Per my other thread, for anyone interested, you are able to use the T1 lounges still when connecting between two flights out of T2. It does take a while getting between though, I would advise one hour each way. This means that for layovers three hours plus it is an option.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I, too, am confused. I am thinking of flying out of 2F intra-Schengen on a flight leaving at 1300. I will be at CDG around 10am as Mr. Fink has an earlier flight out than me. Looking for a PP lounge to kill the time. I am seeing AC MLL at 2A. Is that possible? How far of a walk is it to 2F and it is post-security?

I also see a Sheltair lounge in 2D. What the heck is Sheltair and on the PP site it says Schengen area 2D flights only so is that out of the question? Not even considering the Yotel after what I have read here.

Any other options? Assuming I use the MLL, what do I have to clear (security? Passport control?) to get to my gate and how much time should I leave?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
Not even considering the Yotel after what I have read here.
Don't be knocking my lounge Where else at CDG are you going to get a Kit Kat and a can of 1664, fo FREE?!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
I, too, am confused. I am thinking of flying out of 2F intra-Schengen on a flight leaving at 1300. I will be at CDG around 10am as Mr. Fink has an earlier flight out than me. Looking for a PP lounge to kill the time. I am seeing AC MLL at 2A. Is that possible? How far of a walk is it to 2F and it is post-security?

I also see a Sheltair lounge in 2D. What the heck is Sheltair and on the PP site it says Schengen area 2D flights only so is that out of the question? Not even considering the Yotel after what I have read here.

Any other options? Assuming I use the MLL, what do I have to clear (security? Passport control?) to get to my gate and how much time should I leave?
I had the same question regarding the AC lounge, posters on here didn't think it possible. Due to circumstances I couldn't test this but made it to a lounge in T1 and back (via very different routes!). Based on my experience as mentioned above I suspect you may be able to go to the AC lounge at such a time as you mention - moving between 2x terminals is less of a pain than between 2 and 1. Can't obviously confirm without trying!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Don't be knocking my lounge Where else at CDG are you going to get a Kit Kat and a can of 1664, fo FREE?!
Apologies! I shall flagellate myself in penance for besmirching the stellar offerings of the Yotel.
Originally Posted by shallowdrift
I had the same question regarding the AC lounge, posters on here didn't think it possible. Due to circumstances I couldn't test this but made it to a lounge in T1 and back (via very different routes!). Based on my experience as mentioned above I suspect you may be able to go to the AC lounge at such a time as you mention - moving between 2x terminals is less of a pain than between 2 and 1. Can't obviously confirm without trying!
Easycdg tells me it is a 20 minute walk. Considering I have close to 3 hours, it seems doable unless I hear otherwise from the more learned members of this forum. My other option is an Easyjet flight from 2D at 10:30am for about the same price but I get the shakes just thinking about U2 and I have some FB miles that will expire in Sept. if I don’t take an AF flight.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

AC lounge is in 2A, non-schengen post immigration & security. You won't be able to access this, departing from 2F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.