Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG airport lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM
CDG Lounge - Delta One, AF Economy

I'm a Delta platinum flying MSP-CDG in Delta One, connecting (2 hrs. 10 min.) to BSL in Hop Economy. I think my arrival will be in 2E, departure from 2G. Curious if I'll have lounge access during the layover. BSL is actually in France so I think it qualifies as a domestic flight so my STE+ status won't work, right? But will arriving in Delta One qualify me for the lounge in 2G?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Due to your status, you will have lounge access all the way even if you were in econ for all flights.

The domestic lounge policy you are thinking of applies in the US only.
GeminisTwin likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17
The domestic lounge policy you are thinking of applies in the US only.
Not really. The Skyteam policy is the same US or not US. Lounge accees is provided on domestic flights if in connection from/to an international one. Some Skyteam airlines go further for their own FFP members (e.g. AF does provide lounge access for FB Elites Plus members for domestic flights in France).
For OP case, as he is in connection from a long-haul flight, he/she will have lounge access in CDG 2G connecting to BSL thanks to travel in J class on long-haul + DL Elite Plus status.
GeminisTwin likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:02 am

4 Hour Layover at CDG with Priority Pass Select

Hello, I am new to the forum - I hope I am posting in the correct location. I have read through this forum for a while and learned a lot. I am trying to find out the best way to take advantage of my 4 hour layover at CDG using my new Priority Pass Select membership. Flying from DC to Vienna on AF - into CDG gate 2E and out of gate 2F. There appears to be several PP lounges in Terminal 2. Am I free to travel around Terminal 2? There are a couple other PP lounges in Terminal 1. Am I free to travel between Terminal 2 and Terminal 1? Will I need to go through security/passport control for either of these options?

Thank you for the forum and any help you can provide.

Matt
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to Flyertalk, mattdon1

I created a dedicated thread for your query - this should make it easier for other members to spot and respond.

Prospero
Moderator: Airport Lounges forum
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:47 am

Thank you, Prospero!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See this previous discussion about departing from 2F:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...flying-2f.html
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I guess the AF lounge no longer participates. (Although when they did nominally participate, they'd never let me in, so it really makes no difference.)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My thoughts on the Yotel "lounge" via PP in T2E. What a joke of a "lounge". Yotel is the in terminal hotel and the "lounge" is basically their lobby. You get a EUR10 voucher for food and drinks, but the food on offer is essentially just candy bars and potato chips, and maybe 2 types of beer? A beer or wine split and a snack combo is 7.50 so voucher won't get you far at all. Soft drinks are 2.50. They advertise a breakfast buffet for 10, but I was too late in the morning to see it. The PP app says it's airside, which isn't entirely accurate. It's Non-Schengen, so it's after passport control, but it is outside security (since you pass through security to get to the M, L, or K gates depending on where you're going).

Needless to say I will not bother returning to this place. It's not a compelling offering at all, and even if it were, it's pretty inconvenient to get to.
adrianelvn likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:18 pm

CDG is quite confusing to me! I am looking at booking an itinerary from Africa to the US. It appears that my AF flight ex-Africa would arrive at an M gate (Terminal 2E). My AF flight to the US would depart from a K gate (also Terminal 2E).

Would I have access to any Priority Pass lounges beside Yotel? I am a US citizen so I am free to go through passport control if necessary. I would have plenty of time, with about a 5 hour layover.

There is also the possibility that I may be routed Africa-AMS-CDG-US. I believe that the AF flight ex-AMS would arrive at CDG in Terminal 2F. Does that make any difference on possible available lounges?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by g289t
CDG is quite confusing to me! I am looking at booking an itinerary from Africa to the US. It appears that my AF flight ex-Africa would arrive at an M gate (Terminal 2E). My AF flight to the US would depart from a K gate (also Terminal 2E).
There is no way you can know in advance if you will arrive/depart at/from K, L or M gates. Gates are assigned just a few hours before arrival.
The only thing for sure is that A380 flights are at L or M and that M concourse is closed after around 3 pm.

Would I have access to any Priority Pass lounges beside Yotel? I am a US citizen so I am free to go through passport control if necessary. I would have plenty of time, with about a 5 hour layover.
No. Only PP lounge in T2. Going to T1 will represent unnecessary hassles (clearly not worth it) + they won't let you go through without a BP for a flight leaving from there.

There is also the possibility that I may be routed Africa-AMS-CDG-US. I believe that the AF flight ex-AMS would arrive at CDG in Terminal 2F. Does that make any difference on possible available lounges?
Correct for 2F. No change for lounge situation.
g289t likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
There is no way you can know in advance if you will arrive/depart at/from K, L or M gates. Gates are assigned just a few hours before arrival.
The only thing for sure is that A380 flights are at L or M and that M concourse is closed after around 3 pm.
OK thank you for this information. I looked at the departure and arrival gate information for the same flights this week. But K, L, and M gates are all connected anyway, correct?

I guess Yotel is better than nothing...
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

OK thank you for this information. I looked at the departure and arrival gate information for the same flights this week. But K, L, and M gates are all connected anyway, correct?

I guess Yotel is better than nothing...
yes, correct, they are all connected. And for Yotel, do not set your expectation level too high, as per what I read on FT.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:44 pm

I'm arriving at Terminal 1 and have a 5 hour layover before another flight out from 2F. Anybody know if I will I be able to use the Terminal 1 lounges upon arrival? I assume you pick up your bags before going through passport control (my flights aren't an official connection so I will need to grab my luggage)?

Edit: Priority pass holder, my 2F flight is Air France

Last edited by jms99; Apr 5, 2019 at 12:56 pm
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

You always collect bags after immigration (passport control) and before customs. I doubt you’ll be able to access any lounge on arrival in T1 unless this lounge is airside before immigration. So check which lounge you think about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.