Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

New Muscat Airport - Lounge options?

Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold

Does anybody know what the lounge options are at the new Muscat Airport?

I know there was a Plaza Premium in the old terminal but I can't see anything on the Plaza website about Oman anymore?

There are 5 ?!?! lounges listed on the AMEX Platinum website but I have no idea if they are in the old or new terminal.

In terms of likely access options this is what I have:

Flying Qatar 1st
Might be BA Silver / Oneworld Sapphire by then (unsure)
Have Priority Pass
Have AMEX Platinum
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I found the Muscat lounge on the Plaza Premium site. The link to it doesn't work but found it in a quick search. This link may work https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...il?city=Muscat

QR uses the Oman Air Majan lounge but I believe it depends on the class of your connecting flight for access.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I found the Muscat lounge on the Plaza Premium site. The link to it doesn't work but found it in a quick search. ....
AFAIK both lounges (the plaza and the Omanair lounge) are in terminal 2 (the old one).

Omanair notes on its website that passenger that have prepaid for Omanair lounge access should advise check-in staff in order to get access to the TAV lounge. Per an older article (2016), the lounge is to be constructed on 33,000 square-feet (not sure how much of it is public/private), it will seat 550 passengers, and it will branded as a primeclass lounge.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
AFAIK both lounges (the plaza and the Omanair lounge) are in terminal 2 (the old one).

Omanair notes on its website that passenger that have prepaid for Omanair lounge access should advise check-in staff in order to get access to the TAV lounge. Per an older article (2016), the lounge is to be constructed on 33,000 square-feet (not sure how much of it is public/private), it will seat 550 passengers, and it will branded as a primeclass lounge.

Is the Omanair lounge currently open? I cannot find any information about it in the internet? Has anyone been to the lounge.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Freddorick
Is the Omanair lounge currently open? I cannot find any information about it in the internet? Has anyone been to the lounge.
According to this thread it isn't open yet:

New Muscat Terminal
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:18 am

TAV Lounge is available

Currently, Oman Air lounge is yet to open and all premium passengers of Oman Air will be given access to the TAV Lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jon Aquino Fernandez
Currently, Oman Air lounge is yet to open and all premium passengers of Oman Air will be given access to the TAV Lounge.
Many thanks for that confirmation Jon Aquino Fernandez, and thanks also for joining up with Flyertalk via the Lounge Forum. Welcome on board, and I hope that we will see more from you in the future.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:00 am
Original Poster

I'm currently sitting at the bar in the Prime class lounge and I have to say it' quite a nice space. The food selection is pretty good, the alcohol not so much - the red wine they are serving is Wolf Blass Shiraz. Here are a couple of pics, I might post a proper review later.

Last edited by mickeyjaw; Apr 22, 2018 at 11:52 am Reason: Autocorrect error, duplicate photos
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:50 am
Original Poster

A few more photos below. If you'e a dirty addict like me then you might be interested to know that there's a smoking room in the lounge as well. If you have a sweet tooth then the desert selection is amazing as well, better than the Qatar Al Mourjan lounge where I'm currently killing an hour or seven...
​​​​​

Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Forgot to mention: This is still the only lounge in the new terminal that's actually open.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Is it accessible to domestic travellers or only international?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Is it accessible to domestic travellers or only international?
I think all domestic flights depart from the old terminal and the new terminal is international only.

in any case I can double check when I pass back through on Monday.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
I think all domestic flights depart from the old terminal and the new terminal is international only.

in any case I can double check when I pass back through on Monday.
Thanks for the feedback and photos. I will be spending a hour or two in there on Thursday night. Just wondering if you could give an estimate of the capacity of the lounge. With the Oman Air lounges not open yet, I'm expecting it to be rather busy during the late evening. Glad to see the alcohol licence has come through.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:30 am
Original Poster

I'd say the capacity is around 100...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:40 am

Many thanks. I might get a seat then!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.