Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YUL - National Bank World MasterCard Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:36 am
Original Poster

YUL - National Bank World MasterCard Lounge

I used the handy YUL airport app that I had previously dowloaded onto my Android phone, and it guided me to the NBC Lounge near gate 57, a ten minute trek from my domestic WS departure at gate 6. The previously claustrophobic lounge had moved from a much smaller location on the opposite side of the concourse, and was now located on the second floor in a large and airy space overlooking the exterior gates. I was quite impressed by the significant improvement, as well as the decor. There were three chafing dishes and a soup kettle with a variety of hot items comprised of ratatouille, turmeric chicken, butter chicken and chicken noodle soup. Ham, cheese, pasta salad, crudités with dip, bagels, sliced bread, various sweet and savoury snack and nut mixes, cookies as well as a full bar set up completed the items on offer. This was a nice step up from the typical mid-afternoon domestic lounge offerings, although not quite as upscale as the United Polaris Lounge at ORD. Important to note that the latter requires a business class Polaris ticket to gain entry, whereas the NBC Lounge is available to those holding their MC World Elite card or having Priority Pass membership. The NBC lounge is one of only two options for non Star Alliance or SkyTeam flyers departing from international or domestic, although not trans-border US gates, which are located in a separate sterile zone. The Maple Leaf and Air France lounges being available to those being elite members of their respective alliances, and the Desjardins Odyssey Lounge accessible to holders of its Odyssey card. The NBC lounge was initially very quiet, and I sampled the Butter Chicken, Turmeric Rice and pasta salad with a glass of sauvignon-blanc. The personable bartender offered to prepare any one of a variety of mixed drinks, but I eschewed most as being either too sweet or alcohol laden, preferring a light white wine, of which a chardonnay was also available. The wine and spirit selection was diverse, but not as extensive as at other lounges, where one might expect to pay a pour premium. Interestingly, there was prominent signage which stated alcoholic beverages were to be served with meals only. I had never seen that before. The bar did not have seats, and drinks were poured by the bartender and not self-serve. The chicken was remarkably tender and quite flavourful, an impressive quality not usually found in airport lounges, apart from the relatively new Amex Centurion locations which have recently been making a much welcome appearance.
The lounge is open from 04:00 until 23:00. Priority Pass members are limited to a maximum three hour visit with up to seven guests.

Prospero, yscleo, SFO777 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Wow. better than what I get at the YUL MLL domestic and IMHO better selection than MLL International. It is as good as the YUL AF/KLM lounge (except for the alcohol, as AF/KLM have consistently good selections.) I noticed the small sandwiches . Asian lounges offer similar, but for some reason it isn't an option in the AC MLL. I am surprised by the variety and the attractiveness of the complete selection. As I often walk by and wonder what goes on beyond the Banque nat. door , I thank you for the photos.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for this report, I visited this lounge fairly recently since it's also the British Airways lounge for YUL. It's just past a bank of shops and not far from the longhaul gates. Since the YUL departure for BA is fairly late I've never seen the lounge in daylight until your photos!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Wow this is a vast improvement over the previous NBC lounge. Priority Pass use to have access to 2 other lounges at YUL. Those partnerships ended.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by seawolf
Wow this is a vast improvement over the previous NBC lounge. Priority Pass use to have access to 2 other lounges at YUL. Those partnerships ended.
Yes it is a big improvement over the previous lounge, however despite being much larger it can still get pretty crowded in there at peak times if (e.g.) BA have a lot of status passengers using it. And the photos show the entire food content, rather than a selection!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
better than AC MLL?

I agree the food in this lounge is quite good. Better than the new AC MLL? Doubtful.
One reason this lounge can be crowded is it is used for layovers by flight crew.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:03 pm

YUL transborder lounge access

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I agree the food in this lounge is quite good. Better than the new AC MLL? Doubtful.
One reason this lounge can be crowded is it is used for layovers by flight crew.
Hello all!
Sorry if this isn’t being posted in the right spot - but was hoping to ask a quick question about transborder lounge access at YUL.
I’m a Platinum cardholder so if I were to go to a MLL, would I be able to bring in an additional guest?
Thanks much - safe travels!
Old May 7, 2018, 8:58 am

guests and airline employees

I accessed this lounge using my Priority Pass card i.e. not my AMEX card. The PP card is sent to you by AMEX, on request. As you are aware, each AMEX Platinum card has its own rules regarding guests. The one I have allows for 2 guests:

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....lounge-access/

During my most recent visit, I asked the dragon about access for airline ees? Apparently, this lounge now requires all airline staff to have a same day bp. Many AC staff were using this lounge while on active duty. No longer.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I know you can't access this lounge from the US transborder gates, but if I have a long connection before my flight to the US, would there be any problem with going to the lounge for awhile before clearing through US customs? The only thing that I can think might cause a problem is that my boarding pass would show a transborder flight.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Low Roller
I know you can't access this lounge from the US transborder gates, but if I have a long connection before my flight to the US, would there be any problem with going to the lounge for awhile before clearing through US customs? The only thing that I can think might cause a problem is that my boarding pass would show a transborder flight.
You won't be able to access the domestic/intl area with a US bound boarding pass. But depending on where your connecting from, if it's from Canada you can always swing by the lounge as it's all open from the Canadian gates to the lounge and then head out and go for your US flights by going to security and US customs, but if connecting from INTL to US since you're clearing canadian customs you won't be able to re-enter that area.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by WestAust
You won't be able to access the domestic/intl area with a US bound boarding pass. But depending on where your connecting from, if it's from Canada you can always swing by the lounge as it's all open from the Canadian gates to the lounge and then head out and go for your US flights by going to security and US customs, but if connecting from INTL to US since you're clearing canadian customs you won't be able to re-enter that area.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'll be arriving on a domestic Canadian flight and would like to access the lounge before clearing into the US area for my connecting flight south. I don't foresee any problems but I thought I'd ask in case I'm overlooking anything.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:32 am

yes you can

I have used this lounge 2/x - both times on a US cnx. The way YUL works is you can walk between the transborder and domestic gates on the airside with no issues i.e. WestAust is wrong, I am afraid.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WestAust
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I have used this lounge 2/x - both times on a US cnx. The way YUL works is you can walk between the transborder and domestic gates on the airside with no issues i.e. WestAust is wrong, I am afraid.
WestAust’s first sentence could have been phrased better but the response in its entirety is accurate. US precleared gates are separate from rest of airport.

If Low Roller is arriving into YUL on a flight originating Canada, the lounge is accessible.

If arriving from a flight not-originating Canada, Low Roller will not be able to access lounge unless CATSA lets passenger into the non-US terminal with a BP for a flight to US.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This lounge is nice, but post-16:30 the food/alcohol offerings in the YUL International MLL are better, IMHO.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:01 pm

Has anyone tried to access the lounge after landing? I know it says outbound same day boarding pass but just wanted to see if someone has tried and was allowed access. I’ll be landing early in the morning and will be waiting for a buddy that’s arriving later on. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.