Old Jan 30, 18, 11:00 pm
Original Poster
Carlson Contributor Badge

ANA Lounge Review Lisbon Airport Schengen Area

ANA Lounge Review Lisbon Airport Schengen Area
Prospero and yrin like this.

Last edited by Konismarck; Jun 3, 18 at 9:59 am
Old Jan 31, 18, 1:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks very much for the review Konismarck, very interesting and after going through this I've got a good feel for what I would get if I visited this lounge. Now this is a lounge that I've been too - it's the BA and AA lounge for LIS, and a big improvement on the previous offering from the Blue Lounge still used by Iberia, though the straggling layout of LIS is what it is. There are some seating areas not in the photos, hinted in the photo with the big TV screen, and also in the photo immediately after the close up of the fruit - so some lounging chairs along the window and some less formal seating in colourful block seats. I did think maybe your 6 out of 10 was harsh, but there again, maybe not. It's not the Concorde Room or the Private Room, no hot food and the seating is more functional than relaxing. But as you correctly note it has pretty much all the basics in place and is a better offering than most lounges of its sort.

I can help with the name ANA. Originally Portuguese and their colonial airports were held by a state company called Aeroportos e Navegação Aérea (Airports and Air Navigation), including the ATC component. Over the years the airport operations have been mostly privatised and the holding companies have updated their names to something a bit more zappy, so ANA SA is generally referred to as "ANA Aeroportos de Portugal", The Japanese airline ANA Company Ltd - All Nippon Airline - dates from 1958 (when it amalgamated different operations) and so is a newer entity than ANA SA which was started in 1942.
Old Jan 31, 18, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue
Thank you for the excellent review, I am planning on spending some time at one of the lounges in LIS during an upcoming trip and this has swayed me - it looks nicer than the Blue Lounge. Don't usually get to try the lounges there as I most often fly with Ryanair or Easyjet (Terminal 2 is tiny and does not have its own 3rd party lounge) but am flying with TAP (discount economy) for a change!
Old Jan 31, 18, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the explanation, It is true that some of the seating area was not included as they were occupied during my visit, so I tried to cover as much as possibel through my words here.
I am glad that you liked it. Thanks
Old Jan 31, 18, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Thanks very much for the review Konismarck, very interesting and after going through this I've got a good feel for what I would get if I visited this lounge. Now this is a lounge that I've been too - it's the BA and AA lounge for LIS, and a big improvement on the previous offering from the Blue Lounge still used by Iberia, though the straggling layout of LIS is what it is. There are some seating areas not in the photos, hinted in the photo with the big TV screen, and also in the photo immediately after the close up of the fruit - so some lounging chairs along the window and some less formal seating in colourful block seats. I did think maybe your 6 out of 10 was harsh, but there again, maybe not. It's not the Concorde Room or the Private Room, no hot food and the seating is more functional than relaxing. But as you correctly note it has pretty much all the basics in place and is a better offering than most lounges of its sort.

I can help with the name ANA. Originally Portuguese and their colonial airports were held by a state company called Aeroportos e Navegação Aérea (Airports and Air Navigation), including the ATC component. Over the years the airport operations have been mostly privatised and the holding companies have updated their names to something a bit more zappy, so ANA SA is generally referred to as "ANA Aeroportos de Portugal", The Japanese airline ANA Company Ltd - All Nippon Airline - dates from 1958 (when it amalgamated different operations) and so is a newer entity than ANA SA which was started in 1942.
Thank you so much for the explanation, It is true that some of the seating area was not included as they were occupied during my visit, so I tried to cover as much as possibel through my words here.
I am glad that you liked it. Thanks
Old Jan 31, 18, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yrin View Post
Thank you for the excellent review, I am planning on spending some time at one of the lounges in LIS during an upcoming trip and this has swayed me - it looks nicer than the Blue Lounge. Don't usually get to try the lounges there as I most often fly with Ryanair or Easyjet (Terminal 2 is tiny and does not have its own 3rd party lounge) but am flying with TAP (discount economy) for a change!
Yes, I usually tend to not have high hopes for contracted lounges in Europe, but this one has indeed meet a lot of my expectations.
Glad you liked it.
Old Feb 2, 18, 9:44 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Tried to vosit this lounge in 2015 and thry told me it isn’t possible with a Germanwings tockezmt and PP (most wired thing I ever heared). Fortunately boarding started 5 minutes later due to LIS terrible organization.
Old Feb 2, 18, 11:20 am

Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
I've been to this lounge twice, but it was always very crowded as it was at the end of WebSummit. It's good to see that this lounge can be fairly pleasant when not rammed full.
Old Feb 2, 18, 12:59 pm

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 18 at 1:41 am
Old Apr 17, 18, 10:04 am

Can I use this lounge (w/ Priority Pass) flying TAP to London, as its out of the schengen zone? Is it after passport control? If not - would the Blue Lounge be available?

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 18, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue
Originally Posted by bosflyer93 View Post
Can I use this lounge (w/ Priority Pass) flying TAP to London, as its out of the schengen zone? Is it after passport control? If not - would the Blue Lounge be available?

Thanks!
You can indeed use it, the lounge is before passport control so you have to take that into account - Lis passport control tends to be quick if you have an electronic passport but can be slow otherwise. I used it at the start of the month on a similar route.
Old Apr 18, 18, 6:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's very close to the passport control area, which is divided into 3 parts, e-gates for European travellers, e-gates for some non European travellers (e.g. Brazil and Australia) and staffed kiosks, where queues can build up.

The lounge directions are mentioned in the OP but just to expand a bit on it - after entrance security travellers should end up in a large circular space in the Schengen travel area for T1, almost like a large atrium, with shops and cafés on all sides and seating areas in the middle. There is in that area a pair of escalators going upwards and if you look up you can see the ANA and TAP lounges on the upper level going around the circle. There are lifts at the back. Departure gates for the airport's various zones feed off from this atrium, including the passport control area for non Schengen departures. If you have e-gate access then you need to leave the lounge at least 30 minutes before departure, perhaps longer, since it's quite a long walk to some gates.
Old Apr 26, 18, 9:11 am

Had an excellent time at this lounge. Somewhat crowded, but not overcrowded around 3-4pm on a Wednesday. Thanks to yrin for the quick answer - saw it before I took off and was relieved.

Not a great food selection at the time I was there, but not too bad. Friendly agents at the desk. Showers are free to use, but you can pay for towels.