Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass - DEN airport access with a guest (Chase Sapphire Reserve)

Old Jan 30, 18, 7:42 am
Original Poster

My wife and I are both Priority Pass members through the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. We're traveling to Denver with some friends who are not members. The lounge in DEN is actually just the Timberline Steak & Grill restaurant and Priority Pass members get a $28 credit towards the bill. Guests also get a $28 credit but I'm not sure if the Priority Pass Membership I have includes guests.

Does anyone know? If there are 4 of us (two members and 2 non members) do we get $56 or $112 off our bill?
Old Jan 30, 18, 9:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I see the problem from the website point of view: normally a lounge would state their maximum guesting arrangement and this particular lounge seems to have a cut and paste of their transactional arrangements instead. I'm assuming you are on Priority Pass Select membership - there are various schemes out there - in which case my reading of this is that you can have unlimited guests subject to capacity, they get a US$28 catering credit each, so do you, but you get billed $27 dollars per guest in due course, charged to your Chase card. Your own usage would presumably be within the "free" visits allowed under your scheme. So in this case you probably can run up a US$112 bill and pay $54 dollars net, assuming 2 guests. At least that is my reading.

Don't forget to take a few pictures and give us a lounge review in due course, it will help other travellers.
Old Jan 30, 18, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I too would expect the OP to be charged $27 per guest.
Old Jan 30, 18, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Hmmmm, am I missing something? Where did the $27 come from?
Old Jan 30, 18, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Ok did some research and I see some Priority Pass memberships charge guests $27 per entry. I am under the impression that the Priority Pass membership that comes with the Chase Sapphire Reserve does not charge for guests.

Is that incorrect?
Old Jan 30, 18, 10:58 am
Original Poster

According to this I should be ok with a credit for guests and no charge to me. I;ll give it a try Thursday and report back.

Awesome: Denver Airport Steakhouse Joins Priority Pass Network - One Mile at a Time
Old Jan 30, 18, 2:02 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KiloRomeo View Post
I am under the impression that the Priority Pass membership that comes with the Chase Sapphire Reserve does not charge for guests.

Is that incorrect?
Never heared about such a Priority Pass
Old Jan 30, 18, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Platinum. SPG/Marriott Hilton all gold
Originally Posted by KiloRomeo View Post
My wife and I are both Priority Pass members through the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. We're traveling to Denver with some friends who are not members. The lounge in DEN is actually just the Timberline Steak & Grill restaurant and Priority Pass members get a $28 credit towards the bill. Guests also get a $28 credit but I'm not sure if the Priority Pass Membership I have includes guests.

Does anyone know? If there are 4 of us (two members and 2 non members) do we get $56 or $112 off our bill?
Since you have the priority pass from your CSR you should receive a total of $112.
You + 1 guest = $56
your wife + 1 guest = $56
Make sure to tell your server you want separate bills.

Also, you cannot use the entitlement to cover tip, so carry some cash $.
RaginPlainsman and 4sallypat like this.
Old Jan 30, 18, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pdx1 View Post
Good point about the tip! Welcome to Flyertalk pdx1, and a special welcome from the new Lounge Forum, it's good to see you here and I do hope we will hear more from you in the future too. Welcome on board.
Old Jan 30, 18, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by pdx1 View Post
Since you have the priority pass from your CSR you should receive a total of $112.
You + 1 guest = $56
your wife + 1 guest = $56
Make sure to tell your server you want separate bills.

Exactly correct.
Old Jan 31, 18, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks folks!
Old Feb 10, 18, 9:57 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, BA, AA, Wyndham Rewards
Careful if going near closing

PP site sez this place closes at 9pm. Showed up at 8:25pm. Denied seating by hostess. Allowed to sit at bar after objection, but still could only get drinks, no food. They said they shut the kitchen down at 8, without providing justification or valid explanation. They just wanted to go home. Spoke to manager, who remained steadfast. These guys just don't care, and it seems PP is the lifeblood of the restaurant. Go figure. Just be careful showing up within an hour of stated closing time per pp site. Conveniently, the restaurant itself does not post its hours anywhere in or around its physical premises.
Old Feb 10, 18, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by wlp07 View Post
PP site sez this place closes at 9pm. Showed up at 8:25pm. Denied seating by hostess. Allowed to sit at bar after objection, but still could only get drinks, no food. They said they shut the kitchen down at 8, without providing justification or valid explanation. They just wanted to go home. Spoke to manager, who remained steadfast. These guys just don't care, and it seems PP is the lifeblood of the restaurant. Go figure. Just be careful showing up within an hour of stated closing time per pp site. Conveniently, the restaurant itself does not post its hours anywhere in or around its physical premises.
Their hours are posted on the airport website: https://www.flydenver.com/enjoy_rela...-steaks-grille
Old Feb 11, 18, 2:32 pm

In case this helps...was there over the holidays; myself and my wife each had PP thru our AMEX Platinum and our kids were with us - we got the full allotment of $28 x 4
Old Feb 26, 18, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
Never heared about such a Priority Pass
CSR has no restrictions on the number of guests brought on by the member.... it is subject to individual lounges to enforce their limits.
The most I have brought in 1 go was 6 persons at another location (NOT DENVER).....

Official: Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass Guesting Privileges - One Mile at a Time

Search this Thread
Search Engine: