Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass - guest someone without being present?

Old Jan 21, 18, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)

My wife is taking a trip without me (I have Priority Pass) and I wanted to know if there's a way for a lounge to charge her a guest fee ($27?) instead of their cash rates of $40 & $45? I can give her my card to show it's an active membership. Heck I could be on Facetime too.
Old Jan 22, 18, 4:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I fear not, unfortunately. The very first FAQ point on Priority Pass' website is as follows:

Can my membership card be used by someone else?
No. The Priority Pass membership card is non-transferable. When you access a lounge, the staff will check that the name on your card matches your boarding pass.
Unless this really is a one-off I would consider looking into the various partner card arrangements. If you have a spare moment you could call up PP and see if they would do you a trial membership or something similar?
Old Jan 22, 18, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I fear not, unfortunately. The very first FAQ point on Priority Pass' website is as follows:

Can my membership card be used by someone else?
No. The Priority Pass membership card is non-transferable. When you access a lounge, the staff will check that the name on your card matches your boarding pass.
Unless this really is a one-off I would consider looking into the various partner card arrangements. If you have a spare moment you could call up PP and see if they would do you a trial membership or something similar?
It is most likely a one-off (otherwise we could add her as a supplemental Amex cardholder). But my goal wasn't to transfer my membership's 'included entry' to her, but rather to just pay a PP guest fee; the FAQ I found last night wasn't clear about rules on guesting. This morning I found a section that says "You're welcome to take guests with you into the lounge" so that sounds like I do need to be present.
Old Jan 22, 18, 9:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
. This morning I found a section that says "You're welcome to take guests with you into the lounge" so that sounds like I do need to be present.
I've used PP fairly frequently, and seen others doing so too, including guesting (not all lounges allow it) but the whole premise is based on the host cardholder being present.
Old Jan 23, 18, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Some of the airline clubs allow for spouse/partner access for an additional fee. For example, AA's Admirals Clubs have a spouse/partner/spousal equivalency program that issues a separate card for the other person, allowing access when not accompanied by the sponsoring member.
Old Jan 24, 18, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I've used PP fairly frequently, and seen others doing so too, including guesting (not all lounges allow it) but the whole premise is based on the host cardholder being present.
Yes, and Ive always been asked for a boarding pass and/or ID. Im guessing that PP demands that of the lounge.
Old Jan 27, 18, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
The cardholder needs to be present. It's just not going to happen. I tried exactly this with a friend of mine, when she had a long transit at TXL. I was willing to pay the $27, but no dice.
Old Jan 27, 18, 3:23 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post

Yes, and Ive always been asked for a boarding pass and/or ID. Im guessing that PP demands that of the lounge.
Hugo Junkers in DUS for excample dont. One time my exwife entered the lounge with me and the host told me it wouldnt be the person on the card but gave me access. OK, in this case she was wrong but cant blame her, my Ex didnt behave like someone who is related to me Im 100% sure everyone can enter this lounge with everyones PP (perhaps sex should fit, but not even sure). At most other PP lounges they ask for boarding pass.

I would simply enter the lounge, present your card and ask for the guest rate. Nothing to loose.

Last edited by offerendum; Jan 29, 18 at 5:21 am
Old Jan 27, 18, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer View Post
The cardholder needs to be present. It's just not going to happen. I tried exactly this with a friend of mine, when she had a long transit at TXL. I was willing to pay the $27, but no dice.
Yeah that's the scenario we face. Thanks for posting your experience.

Search this Thread