FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   LHR London Heathrow lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1888337-lhr-london-heathrow-lounges.html)

rivlinm May 1, 2018 6:44 pm

Am I reading this right?

With an Amex Plat, you can enter the T5 Plaza Prem?

Would you say it is better than the normal BA lounges? I find them overly crowded and the food very tired.

corporate-wage-slave May 3, 2018 8:43 am

Originally Posted by rivlinm (Post 29705071)
With an Amex Plat, you can enter the T5 Plaza Prem?

Would you say it is better than the normal BA lounges? I find them overly crowded and the food very tired.

You should be able to enter with the Platinum card, but not Priority Pass. Generally that lounge is quiet and well appointed, and certainly better than Galleries Club North (directly above) at peak periods. Personally compared to Galleries Club T5B when GC is serving hot food, then personally I would go to T5B via the passageway if it was convenient, T5B is almost always quiet. But otherwise it is a good quality and recently opened lounge so it's pretty nice overall. But as ever, it depends entirely on what you look for in a lounge, so different people can quite legitimately have different views about the same lounge.

rivlinm May 3, 2018 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29711105)
You should be able to enter with the Platinum card, but not Priority Pass. Generally that lounge is quiet and well appointed, and certainly better than Galleries Club North (directly above) at peak periods. Personally compared to Galleries Club T5B when GC is serving hot food, then personally I would go to T5B via the passageway if it was convenient, T5B is almost always quiet. But otherwise it is a good quality and recently opened lounge so it's pretty nice overall. But as ever, it depends entirely on what you look for in a lounge, so different people can quite legitimately have different views about the same lounge.

Thanks.

I'll give it a shot. I think for me in LHR it will be nice to have food other than the usual slop from BA. Plus some peace and quiet is welcomed.

euromannn Jun 15, 2018 7:20 pm

LHR - Showers

PP lounges Plaza, NO 1 and Skyteam lounges all show showers.

Does anyone know if there free in any of these?

corporate-wage-slave Jun 17, 2018 2:00 am

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 29871765)
PP lounges Plaza, NO 1 and Skyteam lounges all show showers.

Does anyone know if there free in any of these?

Skyteam is free, No. 1 is supposed to charge extra for the shower (GBP 10) but the front desk staff sometimes don't bother, Plaza doesn't charge extra (I think). No. 1 would certainly charge for the Spa use however.

[Just moving this to the LHR thread - CWS/Mod]

windrider Jun 21, 2018 3:06 pm

LHR T5 Apsire Lounge(Priority Pass)

The lounge which is located near gate A18. Aspire lounge is very small and awkward layout of the lounge with very limited couch seats (tight space). Not a family friendly lounge. They had descent food selections and drinks. Very strange that Priority Pass only has 1 lounge available for very busy T5 terminal.

euromannn Jun 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Lhr lounges

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29294898)
I'd just like to add to this:

* You can also get into all Plaza Premium lounges worldwide for free by showing an AMEX Platinum / Cenurion card. This is useful to know for those who got their PP through AMEX and might have thought they wouldn't be entitled to access the Plaza Premium in LHR T5 or indeed the arrivals lounges.

* Don't go into the T3 Plaza Premium arrivals lounge after arriving on a morning AA flight expecting hot breakfast because you'll be disappointed. Take the walk over to T2 or T4 instead and indulge in some proper bacon that hasn't been covered in syrup and cooked until it's so crispy you can snap it in half. Sorry to any Americans who take offence at this but you're doing it wrong :P

I'm flying AA SEA-DF-LHR I assume into T3 then later LHR-PRG on BA. Have 3 hour layover and have PP pass.
Does the PP include free shower? You comment says if you have fees showers included then PP accepted.
Any extra fees using PP to get a shower?

Since i arrive T3 --- which is easiest and best to go to T2 or T4?
Plaza Premium or Skyteam?
Definitely want free shower, good food and alcohol.

Since I "arrive' on AA T3 but walk to T2 or T4(depending on your recommendation) can I go to arrival and departure lounges since I continue on to PRG later?

euromannn Jun 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by DarthPalmer (Post 29605019)
If it were me, I wouldn't waste the time and hassle. The Aspire & No.1 lounges are more than adequate in T3 - both are on Priority Pass.

Both are extra fees for showers with PP pass.
Free shower after red eye flight is my top priority but walking T3-->T2 or T4--->T3 is concern.

mickeyjaw Jun 29, 2018 2:23 am

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 29918789)
I'm flying AA SEA-DF-LHR I assume into T3 then later LHR-PRG on BA. Have 3 hour layover and have PP pass.
Does the PP include free shower? You comment says if you have fees showers included then PP accepted.
Any extra fees using PP to get a shower?

Since i arrive T3 --- which is easiest and best to go to T2 or T4?
Plaza Premium or Skyteam?
Definitely want free shower, good food and alcohol.

Since I "arrive' on AA T3 but walk to T2 or T4(depending on your recommendation) can I go to arrival and departure lounges since I continue on to PRG later?

When you arrive at T3 you will have the option of either:

* Clearing UK immigration to go landside, using landside arrivals lounges / going to London / whatever and then clearing security again to go landside

or

* Going to Flight connections, clearing immigration and security there and staying airside

I know one of the Plaza Premiums at LHR asked me for a supplement for a shower once but I can't remember which one. The staff seem generallly quite confused about the rules about charging for showers so you might end up getting a free one if you're lucky.

Last time I arrived into T3 on AA l I ended up going to the T2 arrivals lounge, although my priority was a Full English breakfast rather than a shower. I seem to recall it's about a 10 minute walk through some underground tunnels. T4 is miles away and I wouldn't bother but if you do decide to do it the best way would be via Heathrow Express train. Travel between terminals on the train is free.

If you just want a shower and don't care about hot breakfast or alcohol then maybe try the T3 arrivals lounge? Confusingly, you can't enter it from inside the terminal. Exit the terminal on the left hand side as you look out, turn left and the entrance is by the bus stop...

euromannn Jun 29, 2018 3:11 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29919227)
When you arrive at T3 you will have the option of either:

* Clearing UK immigration to go landside, using landside arrivals lounges / going to London / whatever and then clearing security again to go landside

or

* Going to Flight connections, clearing immigration and security there and staying airside

I know one of the Plaza Premiums at LHR asked me for a supplement for a shower once but I can't remember which one. The staff seem generallly quite confused about the rules about charging for showers so you might end up getting a free one if you're lucky.

Last time I arrived into T3 on AA l I ended up going to the T2 arrivals lounge, although my priority was a Full English breakfast rather than a shower. I seem to recall it's about a 10 minute walk through some underground tunnels. T4 is miles away and I wouldn't bother but if you do decide to do it the best way would be via Heathrow Express train. Travel between terminals on the train is free.

If you just want a shower and don't care about hot breakfast or alcohol then maybe try the T3 arrivals lounge? Confusingly, you can't enter it from inside the terminal. Exit the terminal on the left hand side as you look out, turn left and the entrance is by the bus stop...

Checked PP Lounges web site and T3 on PP you pay shower supplement at Club Aspire and No 1 Lounge(shower facilities are subject to payment).

T2 or T4 the Plaza Premium and Skyteam says "fax subject to payment" with no mention of shower.
Plaza Premium web site shows 15 Pound fee for shower usage for ALL Plaza Premium lounges."Shower Package
Shower with Amenities15"

On the photos posted on this thread it states 'showers included with payment then below PP accepted' so vague description whether showers are free with PP.

Impossible to get confirmation from Plaza Premium Lounge or PP. My guess is every lounge at Heathrow charges for showers.

Found an email address for Plaza Premium at Heathrow. I'll send to see their comment on fee.
[email protected]

Yes --- I'm like you want hot breakfast, shower, and alcohol all FREE. I have a 3 hour layover so 10 minute walk with my bag shouldn't be an issue for 90 minute stay. doubt I'll pay for shower so I'll eat and drink at minimum.

Thanks -- I'll try T2 Plaza Premium (arrivals) Lounge.

DYKWIA Jun 29, 2018 11:31 am

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 29919300)
Checked PP Lounges web site and T3 on PP you pay shower supplement at Club Aspire and No 1 Lounge(shower facilities are subject to payment).

T2 or T4 the Plaza Premium and Skyteam says "fax subject to payment" with no mention of shower.
Plaza Premium web site shows 15 Pound fee for shower usage for ALL Plaza Premium lounges."Shower Package
Shower with Amenities15"

On the photos posted on this thread it states 'showers included with payment then below PP accepted' so vague description whether showers are free with PP.

Impossible to get confirmation from Plaza Premium Lounge or PP. My guess is every lounge at Heathrow charges for showers.

Found an email address for Plaza Premium at Heathrow. I'll send to see their comment on fee.
[email protected]

Yes --- I'm like you want hot breakfast, shower, and alcohol all FREE. I have a 3 hour layover so 10 minute walk with my bag shouldn't be an issue for 90 minute stay. doubt I'll pay for shower so I'll eat and drink at minimum.

Thanks -- I'll try T2 Plaza Premium (arrivals) Lounge.

Why would you bother changing terminals when you can use the PP lounges in T3? AA arrive into T3, and BA to PRG departs from T3. There are 2 PP lounges in T3.

euromannn Jun 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 29920706)
Why would you bother changing terminals when you can use the PP lounges in T3? AA arrive into T3, and BA to PRG departs from T3. There are 2 PP lounges in T3.

Did you read the thread? One poster with who has been to T2,3,4 advises NOT using T3 since food is lesser quality versus T2 or T4.
Make sense to walk 10 minutes to a different terminal for better quality lounge when I have 3 hour layover?

Issue is shower charges ---- which is impossible to conclude at all terminals. T3 definitely implies fees.
T2 and T3 difficult to know if charged for PP pass so I sent Plaza Premium headquarters an email which I suspect they'll claim it's 15 pound fee which the web site for Plaza Premium shows.

Prospero Jun 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 29920991)
Did you read the thread? One poster with who has been to T2,3,4 advises NOT using T3 since food is lesser quality versus T2 or T4.
Make sense to walk 10 minutes to a different terminal for better quality lounge when I have 3 hour layover?

Issue is shower charges ---- which is impossible to conclude at all terminals. T3 definitely implies fees.
T2 and T3 difficult to know if charged for PP pass so I sent Plaza Premium headquarters an email which I suspect they'll claim it's 15 pound fee which the web site for Plaza Premium shows.

Your options boil down to:
  • T2 Plaza Premium Arrivals - showers included with Priority Pass admission
  • T3 Club Aspire Departures - shower charge (£15) on top of Priority Pass admission
  • T3 No1 Lounge - shower charge (£10.00) on top of Priority Pass admission
  • T4 Plaza Premium Arrivals - showers included with Priority Pass admission

The other departure lounges listed in post 1 will be off limits as they are located airside in other terminals

euromannn Jun 29, 2018 2:58 pm

LHR Lounges

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 29921386)
Your options boil down to:
  • T2 Plaza Premium Arrivals - showers included with Priority Pass admission
  • T3 Club Aspire Departures - shower charge (£15) on top of Priority Pass admission
  • T3 No1 Lounge - shower charge (£10.00) on top of Priority Pass admission
  • T4 Plaza Premium Arrivals - showers included with Priority Pass admission

The other departure lounges listed in post 1 will be off limits as they are located airside in other terminals

Thanks for feedback.

have you gotten free shower T2 Plaza Premium Arrivals ? - (showers included with Priority Pass admission)
PP web site does not state nor does it state a fee.

T2 is supposedly a 10 minute walk from T3 ----- so free shower(possibly), better English breakfast and free alcohol.
Sounds like a winner at 5:30am in the morning.

Thanks, have you gotten FREE showers in

Prospero Jun 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by euromannn (Post 29921413)
Thanks for feedback.

have you gotten free shower T2 Plaza Premium Arrivals ? - (showers included with Priority Pass admission)
PP web site does not state nor does it state a fee.

T2 is supposedly a 10 minute walk from T3 ----- so free shower(possibly), better English breakfast and free alcohol.
Sounds like a winner at 5:30am in the morning.

Thanks, have you gotten FREE showers in

I don't have any direct experience of the T2 Plaza Premium lounge but I did a fair amount of research at the time I prepped the opening post. As the main purpose of arrivals lounges is to revive/refresh, showers are a core function so the use of the shower facilities is included with the admission.

As the T3 departure lounges are capacity managed there is the perennial risk of PP card holders being turned away. If seeking guaranteed entry, pre-booking is essential.