Wiki Posts
Search

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:22 am

The House Departure lounge is great. Never had chance to visit all the others
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I visited a pair of T3 Lounges last week.

- Centurion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33864793-post72.html

- Number 1 Lounge.

The Number 1 Lounge's entrance is located in the same corridor as the BA lounges and then up one level.

There were a few hot dishes at least

Decent liquor selection but some of the tiniest pours you can imagine. Plus the bartender was not friendly.
Smuffe likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m currently in the #1 lounge and it’s nothing special, though certainly nicer than waiting out in the terminal. It is also quite crowded - we got I think the last seats.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
T4 Plaza Premium reopening

With T4 back In Operation does anyone know the plans to re-open the Plaza Premium lounge? I have read many article and reviews about Qatar returning at T4 and reference to their own two lounges including detail description of the location of the new one in reference to the location of PP, but not mention specifically if Plaza Premium had been reopen or due to be reopened. The Plaza Premium own website and Amex App still report it as temporarily closed.
david119h likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
With T4 back In Operation does anyone know the plans to re-open the Plaza Premium lounge? I have read many article and reviews about Qatar returning at T4 and reference to their own two lounges including detail description of the location of the new one in reference to the location of PP, but not mention specifically if Plaza Premium had been reopen or due to be reopened. The Plaza Premium own website and Amex App still report it as temporarily closed.
I have heard today from an internal source that Plaza Premium a T4 should re-open between the 7th and 9th July.
mia, Abidjan and Oakshadow like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
I have heard today from an internal source that Plaza Premium a T4 should re-open between the 7th and 9th July.
checked today and both the Plaza Premium website and the Amex App show it as open
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Checking PP app on LHR T5 Club Aspire. Says club might be full, recommends you prebook (for an extra charge).

Anyone have experience with this? Is it necessary?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: United, Aegean
Landing in LHR T2 on a long 3 leg trip from CPT. I have PP and *G does anyone know if there is an arrivals lounge I can access? Seems like Plaza arrivals is still closed..
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Checking PP app on LHR T5 Club Aspire. Says club might be full, recommends you prebook (for an extra charge).

Anyone have experience with this? Is it necessary?
unfortunately yes, especially if they say already that it may be too full. Main issue with PP in the UK
Alpha Golf likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: United, Aegean
Originally Posted by byrnesyliam
Landing in LHR T2 on a long 3 leg trip from CPT. I have PP and *G does anyone know if there is an arrivals lounge I can access? Seems like Plaza arrivals is still closed..
I confirmed the plaza arrivals lounge is still closed.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:28 am

Managed to get access to the Qantas Lounge at T3 LHR in June 2022. It was nice!

As I had some time, I checked out the Number 1 lounge (using Priority Pass to enter). It was getting crowded even at 7AM in the morning. The food selection and coffee didn't seem too bad for a PP lounge.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
Managed to get access to the Qantas Lounge at T3 LHR in June 2022. It was nice!

As I had some time, I checked out the Number 1 lounge (using Priority Pass to enter). It was getting crowded even at 7AM in the morning. The food selection and coffee didn't seem too bad for a PP lounge.
Nice to see the No. 1 lounge improve their food situation. Even pre-covid offerings were disappointing.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:55 am

Currently sitting in the Plaza Lounge at Terminal 4. It took us nearly 3 hours from being dropped off by car to my seat in the lounge 🙈.

however, once inside, although busy, it was easy to find seats and relax. The food not that great on the other end. Red Malbec was ok
Old Oct 23, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Has anyone any info regarding a possible reopening for the T3 n.1 Lounge SPA?
Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:37 am

I didn't do any pictures, but I had time to visit LH Business/SEN, SQ, and UA lounges today as *A Gold.

LH first. Quick entry and given a QR code to access the SEN side. Not sure about others, but other than seating configurations, both sides seemed to be the same in terms of food and beverages. Both sides had the same hot and cold dishes and spirits. I didn't look at the wines. Breakfast spread was decent. In fact, while it had less variety than the T2 HGI breakfast, it looked more appetizing. Next time I'll take the points instead of the HGI breakfast. Of the six hours, I spent about three here. The Business side had some better work stations, while the SEN side had more relaxing seating options. No where to see the tarmac though. LH also has a printer/copier which is a nice feature!

Next SQ. Quick entry and just a few customers - maybe 20 around 1 PM. Had a G&T with Hayman's gin - a gin I was not familiar with and was supposedly developed for SQ's first LHR/SIN flight some years ago. Nice to have a bartender to mix drinks. Lots of window seating available with good views. Good lunch spread. Note that there was a sign at the entry that, paraphrasing, "we may be full, so please consider using the other *A lounges close by". I spent about 90 minutes here.

The final 90 minutes was at the UA Club. This was last because I am flying UA home, so it was the closest to the gate. Very large area and very busy. Lots of windows, but no available window seating (around 2:30). Food spread was OK, certainly more variety than the US lounges, but nothing spectacular. Bartenders were present as were their tip jars. The spirits collection was wide ranging. Not sure if any have a price like the US. Bartender did make a decent spicy Bloody Mary.

The AC lounge was right next to the SQ lounge. I should have budgeted time to check it out. I am assuming that its configuration allows for decent views. There is also the Plaza Premium lounge that is designated for LO. Not clear if I'd have access to it as a *G.

When I have the opportunity again, I think I'd stick with the SQ lounge (after checking out the AC lounge), if it is open. It is close by the UA gates, quieter (I know - time of day dependent), windows, and decent food and drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.