Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

LHR London Heathrow lounges

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Old Jan 18, 20, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by g289t View Post
My wife and daughter are going to be arriving in LHR on a BA flight from ACC. They are departing on AA to ORD. We have not been to LHR for a number of years, and we have never been there since having Priority Pass, so we never checked out the lounges.

Their return itinerary is similar, in the opposite direction of course. They will be arriving in LHR on AA from JFK, and departing on BA to ACC.

My wife will have PP. We would appreciate some suggestions on the best way to her to utilize the lounges available to her. Thank you!
You’re fortunate in that the BA ACC flights arrive/depart T3 which is the same terminal AA uses so you won’t have to change terminals. For PP lounges in T3, there’s the No.1 and the Apsire. Both are not great. I give a slight edge to Aspire because the buffet food offering are a little better to my taste and there are more available power outlets. Some here prefer the No. 1. The Aspire is a longer walk to the AA gates. Landslide there is the Plaza Premium Arrivals lounge which as you might tell from the posts above isn’t great either.
Old Jan 18, 20, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow View Post
You’re fortunate in that the BA ACC flights arrive/depart T3 which is the same terminal AA uses so you won’t have to change terminals. For PP lounges in T3, there’s the No.1 and the Apsire. Both are not great. I give a slight edge to Aspire because the buffet food offering are a little better to my taste and there are more available power outlets. Some here prefer the No. 1. The Aspire is a longer walk to the AA gates. Landslide there is the Plaza Premium Arrivals lounge which as you might tell from the posts above isn’t great either.
Thank you, this is very informative and helpful! My wife will be happy to not need to change terminals in LHR. They have a longer layover on the return trip, so she'll have time to check out both lounges. Also, our daughter will be 3 years old at the time of travel. Would one of these lounges be better for a child than the other?
Old Jan 18, 20, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by g289t View Post
... she'll have time to check out both lounges. Also, our daughter will be 3 years old at the time of travel. Would one of these lounges be better for a child than the other?
Sorry, not an authority on that one. I vaguely remember seeing a changing room at the Aspire but that doesn’t mean the N. 1 doesn’t have one either.
Old Jan 24, 20, 1:54 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, Lifetime SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Question? I habe a US based American Express Platinum Card with Priority Pass, am flying with Ethiad in economy next week from LHR T4. Am I allowed to take a guest for FREE into a loumnge in T4? Thanks
Old Jan 24, 20, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
Question? I habe a US based American Express Platinum Card with Priority Pass, am flying with Ethiad in economy next week from LHR T4. Am I allowed to take a guest for FREE into a loumnge in T4? Thanks
According to LoungeBuddy you can bring 2 guests for free to either the Plaza Premium or Sky Team lounges in T4. Fees for additional guests.
Old Jan 27, 20, 1:20 pm

Does anyone know when the LHR T5 Plaza Premium Lounge starts offering lunch rather than the buffet breakfast? Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 20, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
Yes, the Priority Pass affiliated with the Amex includes an additional two guests IIRC. And if you join and use the Plaza Premium loyalty program, your Priority Pass use of the Plaza Premium lounges will even go toward giving you points toward future free visits using the Plaza Premium program’s points.
Old Jan 30, 20, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon View Post
Does anyone know when the LHR T5 Plaza Premium Lounge starts offering lunch rather than the buffet breakfast? Thanks.
I remember that they started changing the buffet at around 11:30 when I was there a while ago.
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 3:08 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Colleague just passed thru T4 Arrivals lounge and was told they’re now charging 10 pounds to take a shower. Disappointing development.
Old Feb 15, 20, 12:18 pm
RYX

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Abidjan View Post
Colleague just passed thru T4 Arrivals lounge and was told they’re now charging 10 pounds to take a shower. Disappointing development.
Passed through T2 Arrivals this week and was told the same.
They said their agreement with Priority Pass was recently renegotiated.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Feb 18, 20, 7:07 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RYX View Post
Passed through T2 Arrivals this week and was told the same.
They said their agreement with Priority Pass was recently renegotiated.
Looks like this is reflected now on the PP pages.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: