Reload this Page >

LHR London Heathrow lounges

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:06 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Oh now I see it. But it's not on the mastercard loungekey app, although it does appear on the mastercard loungekey website.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BruceyBonus
At LHR, you need a boarding pass for a flight from that terminal to be allowed into the security screening area.
For transit passengers to get to T5, yes. But how sure are you that it’s the case for LHR transit passengers going to T3’s security screening area?

The T3 lounges do check out boarding passes.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
it has never been a problem to kindly say you would like to check out the shops or visit a lounge in T3 with a boarding pass from T5.. its only T5 that has the special security area
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Hi all,
Which Plaza Premium ARRIVALS lounge is better? T2 or T4? Or are the offerings pretty similar? Talking about food/drink offerings. Don't care about spa/shower.

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
T4 for sure - - bigger/more seating options - - food options similar, but just more convenient (ordering/service) in T4.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Abidjan
T4 for sure - - bigger/more seating options - - food options similar, but just more convenient (ordering/service) in T4.
Thanks. I didn't see this in time. I went to T2 because it was more convenient to my arrival. The PP arrivals lounge in T2 is pretty small, and has no view or natural light, but the food options were great and the service was wonderful and attentive! Cash price to enter is 30 pounds, but they also accept Priority Pass cards. Premium liquor is available for an extra cost, but I don't drink anyway, so I didn't even look at the list.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Good deal and forget to mention both are PP lounges.. In defense of T2, no natural light st T4 either. Glad you enjoyed T2 service.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Couldn't find an answer, apologies if already addressed. Does Priority Pass entry to the Plaza Premium Departures Lounge at T2 include shower access, or is there an extra fee?
Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Couldn't find an answer, apologies if already addressed. Does Priority Pass entry to the Plaza Premium Departures Lounge at T2 include shower access, or is there an extra fee?
Thanks!
There is an extra fee now, probably £10-£15. The arrivals Plaza Premium has complimentary showers.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
There is an extra fee now, probably £10-£15. The arrivals Plaza Premium has complimentary showers.
Thanks. Guess I have to decide whether it's worth going landside to go to the arrivals lounge at T3 before I head over to T2 for my connecting flight. It's a scheduled 5.5 hour layover so... Maybe.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:27 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
The LHR Virgin Clubhouse is so FAB!! Highly recommend it if you can get access via status or flying UC
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:35 pm

I used the No 1 Lounge in T3 airside for the first time last weekend. Disappointed was a total understatement.
  • Very few private areas, most solo travellers ended up having to sit right next to other people.
  • Wifi didn't seem to be available throughout the whole lounge (especially in the area with plug sockets, which seems like a prime place to have internet access).
  • Only one person serving at the bar for a full lounge (soft drinks are self-service from a dispenser; alcoholic drinks and main meals needs ordering at the bar).
  • Food is ordered off a menu, and you are allowed a single option. The options were (IMO as someone who isn't a fussy eater) very poor, portion sizes were tiny (butternut squash curry was finished in five mouthfuls). There's soup, nuts and salad on the dresser. Salad was looking limp, so didn't eat that. One type of cake for dessert which looked like it had seen better days (very dry, tasteless).
  • Not all methods of entry include access to showers without additional charge.
Overall, if I didn't have an access pass, I'd suggest saving your £40 (this must be one of the most expensive basic lounges I've used) and using one of the airport bars/restaurants.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Does the Plaza Premium lounge in T5 have showers? I've seen conflicting reports elsewhere. I'm flying LAX-LHR-ARN in February and won't have access to any airline lounges at LHR.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by merlin90
Does the Plaza Premium lounge in T5 have showers? I've seen conflicting reports elsewhere. I'm flying LAX-LHR-ARN in February and won't have access to any airline lounges at LHR.
It now has one shower. There is a £20 charge to use it though
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
It now has one shower. There is a £20 charge to use it though
Ok, thank you. I imagine after 10+ hours on a plane, and with another flight to come, I will be quite prepared to pay that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.