LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:44 am

Thank you, 1353513636, for noting "the real food and stuff." But from 5 to 11:30, what is available? At least standard hot breakfast fare, I hope? Thanks for any description you care to give.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Likemiles
Thank you, 1353513636, for noting "the real food and stuff." But from 5 to 11:30, what is available? At least standard hot breakfast fare, I hope? Thanks for any description you care to give.
No hot breakfast last I was there.

The breakfast spread includes:
  • Coffee
  • Tea
  • Juice
  • Soft drinks
  • White wine
  • Red wine
  • Yogurt
  • Cornflakes
  • Bananas
  • Oranges
  • Potato Chips
  • Danish
  • English Muffins
  • Muffins
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:14 am

Boy, that was fast and thorough, 1353513636. Thanks for the trouble. But wine and chips for breakfast? And no hot items? Too bad you in all likelihood are not mistaken!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
While the VS Clubhouse during PP hours is minimally catered, it's unpopularity makes it appealing as it's uncrowded, quiet and relaxing. The SC is definitely overall a better lounge, but the CH can be likable if you're not hungry.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:51 am

Thanks for the confirmation, Oakshadow. Chablis and chips at daybreak look more and more appealing now.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
While the VS Clubhouse during PP hours is minimally catered, it's unpopularity makes it appealing as it's uncrowded, quiet and relaxing. The SC is definitely overall a better lounge, but the CH can be likable if you're not hungry.
F&B wise it's terrible; shrink wrapped muffins and very minimal spread. It seems like the VS kitchen is closed/locked and PP brings in a cooler and sets up a folding table with the sad offerings. I think they do have a toaster though. But as Oakshadow noted, the space is nice to just be in and it's a lot less crowded than the SkyClub. If you want some hot food and booze, go to the Sky Club.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:24 am

Thanks, Itsaboutthejourney. Too bad, for me it's about the lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I’m flying out of delta tomorrow and can hit up the Virgin club house. However I don’t have my physical card. Do they accept the digital card from the app?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I’m flying out of delta tomorrow and can hit up the Virgin club house. However I don’t have my physical card. Do they accept the digital card from the app?
Yes they do. A lounge dragon at a different lounge once told me they prefer the physical cards as for some reason it’s less work for them but they still accepted my PP card in Apple Wallet.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:54 pm

I've gone through the wiki and the last few pages of this thread, but have some questions. regarding TBIT options.
We're going to get to TBIT on a layover around 12pm for the 3.30pm international flight, so have time to kill (do not want to go out of airport, however).

KAL Lounge:
- What's the chance that they'll deny PP holders at 1pm?
- Are they very strict with their 1pm and after policy, or do you think they might let you in a bit earlier?
- I understand that their food is terrible, but do they still have basic things like soda, decent coffee and nuts/chips?

PF Chang:
- Do they ever deny PP holders?
- I saw someone saying you usually have to wait for a table... what's the expected queue for weekday at 12.30-1pm, and do you have to physically stand in line or do you put down your name and they text you?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
I've gone through the wiki and the last few pages of this thread, but have some questions. regarding TBIT options.
We're going to get to TBIT on a layover around 12pm for the 3.30pm international flight, so have time to kill (do not want to go out of airport, however).

KAL Lounge:
- What's the chance that they'll deny PP holders at 1pm?
- Are they very strict with their 1pm and after policy, or do you think they might let you in a bit earlier?
- I understand that their food is terrible, but do they still have basic things like soda, decent coffee and nuts/chips?

PF Chang:
- Do they ever deny PP holders?
- I saw someone saying you usually have to wait for a table... what's the expected queue for weekday at 12.30-1pm, and do you have to physically stand in line or do you put down your name and they text you?

Thanks!
For the KAL lounge, they’re strict on not letting anyone in outside of PP hours. You should be okay at 1pm though. They do have soda and coffee (didn’t try it). Don’t know if they have nuts or not.

There frequently is a wait at PF Chang’s, but I was able to sit at the less comfortable bar immediately and they will serve food there. For waiting, I think they call your name but I’m not sure about that. I’ve not known them to deny PP holders, but if you got your PP through AMEX, starting August 1st they will deny you as PP won’t be good at non-lounges starting on that date.
evergrn likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
There frequently is a wait at PF Chang’s, but I was able to sit at the less comfortable bar immediately and they will serve food there. For waiting, I think they call your name but I’m not sure about that. I’ve not known them to deny PP holders, but if you got your PP through AMEX, starting August 1st they will deny you as PP won’t be good at non-lounges starting on that date.
I find the service pretty spotty so the bar is preferable because the bartender/server is at least constantly walking back and forth in front of you. When I've been at a table, they disappear...
evergrn likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:42 pm

For the KAL lounge, they’re strict on not letting anyone in outside of PP hours. You should be okay at 1pm though. They do have soda and coffee (didn’t try it). Don’t know if they have nuts or not.
Ok thanks, will try KAL lounge at 1pm.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:12 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on, but I could use some advice. My family of 4 is traveling LAX-NRT on Singapore Air, business class, in September. This should mean we can use the Polaris Lounge in Terminal 7 as well as the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT. We are actually flying in from the SF Bay Area on Southwest (long story short, LAX flight had better price for business class). We arrive at 10 am and it's a 3 pm flight (I didn't want to risk missing the flight since they're obviously 2 different tickets and SQ isn't obligated to help us if we miss our flight into LAX).

I think our plan should be to disembark from SWA in Terminal 1, walk over to Terminal 7, and check out the Polaris Lounge. Eat lunch in the dining room and enjoy the relatively less crowded lounge since it'll be the morning. Closer to departure time, maybe 1:30 pm, we walk over to TBIT and check out the Star Alliance Lounge just for fun (we rarely fly to LAX and I doubt we'll have another opportunity anytime soon to see it).

On our return flight, we don't get access to either Polaris or Star Alliance lounges since our flight home is domestic on SWA. We'll use our Priority Pass (via Chase Sapphire Reserve) to try to get into the Korean Air Lounge (which I know is far worse but still better than the general gate boarding area). We'll be arriving around 1 so I know we can enter KAL. I booked a 5 pm SWA flight back to the Bay. There's also a 3 pm flight, but I assumed we wouldn't have the energy for rushing onto a Southwest flight right off the long-haul. I figure we can leisurely make our way over to KAL, take a hot shower, change clothes, and get some snacks before we head to the final flight home. If the food is really atrocious, then perhaps we can stop by PF Chang's and pick up some food there before we go out.

Does that plan make sense? Any feedback or other suggestions?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by smiles33
On our return flight, we don't get access to either Polaris or Star Alliance lounges since our flight home is domestic on SWA. We'll use our Priority Pass (via Chase Sapphire Reserve) to try to get into the Korean Air Lounge (which I know is far worse but still better than the general gate boarding area). We'll be arriving around 1 so I know we can enter KAL. I booked a 5 pm SWA flight back to the Bay. There's also a 3 pm flight, but I assumed we wouldn't have the energy for rushing onto a Southwest flight right off the long-haul. I figure we can leisurely make our way over to KAL, take a hot shower, change clothes, and get some snacks before we head to the final flight home. If the food is really atrocious, then perhaps we can stop by PF Chang's and pick up some food there before we go out.

Does that plan make sense? Any feedback or other suggestions?
When you arrive at LAX on an international flight, you will go through customs/immigration and then be let out landside (except flights from pre-clearance airports which doesn't include NRT). Even if you didn't have to exit the sterile area, there are no airside connections either by walkway or bus to T1 where all the Southwest flights depart from and it's unlikely TSA will allow you to enter any other terminal than T1. You can give it a shot, but I wouldn't count on it. If you have a non-AMEX PP as seems the case, there is the Rock and Brews restaurant option in T1 you can use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.