LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RedElmo

I think chase has a limit of two guests now, I thought.
It is me + 2 others next week.

I take that to mean cardholder plus two guests, rather than Chase pays for 2 guests (cardholder plus one guest).

Previously it was supposedly unlimited. I tried to invite my extended family to the Korean Air lounge at KIX but they only allowed me+2. In ICN, however, I was able to get alll of us in (myself+5).
Kalboz likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
I take that to mean cardholder plus two guests...Previously it was supposedly unlimited. I tried to invite my extended family to the Korean Air lounge at KIX but they only allowed me+2. In ICN, however, I was able to get alll of us in (myself+5).
The bolded is the correct interpretation. Up until a few months ago it was "unlimited" subject to the lounge rules, since lounges can place limits on the number of guests per PP cardholder.
JapanFlyerT likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:15 pm

Has anyone had any recent experience with the cutoff time for the KAL Lounge? PP site says 6 pm but many comments here suggest it's 8 pm.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyercity
Has anyone had any recent experience with the cutoff time for the KAL Lounge? PP site says 6 pm but many comments here suggest it's 8 pm.
Attempted to enter the KAL lounge at around 9pm not knowing about the restricted hours and was told very sharply by the lounge dragon, "No Priority Pass after six."

That's what I know.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyercity
....PP site says 6 pm but many comments here suggest it's 8 pm.
The cut off time changed from 20:00 to 18:00 end of October 2018. I found the Priority Pass notice:

USA
Los Angeles CA Intl (LAX)
KAL Lounge
29 Oct 2018
The KAL Lounge in the Tom Bradley International Terminal has revised its opening times:-

12:00 - 18:00 daily.
Cardholders will not be admitted to the lounge outside these hours.
Hours vary according to KAL international flight schedules.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/airp...=north-america
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The cut off time changed from 20:00 to 18:00 end of October 2018. I found the Priority Pass notice:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/airp...=north-america
Thanks for the info. PP really deteriorating.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:13 am

Has anyone tried to use the PF Changs benefit, from Priority Pass, for takeout? Some restaurants at other airports allow it. Others don't. Happy to tip (which might not otherwise be normal for takeout) -- but tight connection, won't have time for a full sit-down meal.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by bedelman
Has anyone tried to use the PF Changs benefit, from Priority Pass, for takeout? Some restaurants at other airports allow it. Others don't. Happy to tip (which might not otherwise be normal for takeout) -- but tight connection, won't have time for a full sit-down meal.
The ppl next to me did. You sit down order and tell them it’s for to go. They got out fairly quick. But this was like at 11am right when they opened.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:55 pm

RedElmo's report was roughly my experience. Place was huge and empty. But food quite delicious and staff polite and efficient. Nice benefit.
Kalboz, RedElmo and akr1970akr like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:46 am

We are flying American domestic out of LAX. Can we use priority pass at PF Chang's since it says for international flights on the website.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by revaharj
We are flying American domestic out of LAX. Can we use priority pass at PF Chang's since it says for international flights on the website.
Yes. As long as you’re there between 11:00am-11:00pm
easy walk between T4 to TBIT. They didnt bother me last time I went. I plan to go again this Friday. Let me know if you go before then and if it worked.
revaharj and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I was there yesterday while flying domestically. All they cared about was that we had a same day flight.
revaharj and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
I was there yesterday while flying domestically. All they cared about was that we had a same day flight.
Anyone try with a same day flight ticket from another airport? Ie landing at LAX
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by revaharj
Yes, just walk over the skybridge to TBIT. We've gone there from T4, T5 and the regional AA cluster.

Can't see it lasting but its a very good deal. And the times we've been there its been uncrowded.

We ate $120 of sushi and Chilean sea bass.

Perhaps some PP holders are unwilling to go there, or don't realise that the lounges of TBIT are airside from the domestic ones.

It could also be its a bit of a walk for some travelers too.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:02 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So just went to Playa Provisions, which is a 10 minute drive away for brunch prior to my brother and nephews flight. Great concept with multiple dining types, we had the counter service at the coffeeshop portion. Had a great Baja style fish tacos and brother had a great breakfast skillet. Each are cheaper than a beer at LAX. http://www.playaprovisions.com

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Mar 14, 2019 at 8:37 am Reason: correct URL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.